Twitter CSI

(THE EVIDENCE)

Random portraits of the situation gleaned from twitter.

Apparently, it was this guy's party, as he says here. He'd been planning this party since July 7th. The pictures indicate that a 'hennesey party' is exactly what it sounds like: a party w/ lots of hennesey liquor provided.

This guy apparently anticipated that problems might happen at the party. This girl, tooThis guy too. So this could be the result of a pretty well-known beef.

This person was shot. As was this personThis person was also shot -- twice. This person was also shot, according tothis tweetThis may be her in recovery, though I can't be sure. It is, in any case, someone recovering from a gunshot wound.

This woman was shot and apparently killed. Her and her boyfriend were celebrating a 4 month anniversary. I'm confident enough to say that she is the Shyanne who many locals on twitter are talking about, based on comparing pictures from her account to those posted by others. She was apparently well-connected. One tweeter said that "This is Shyanne's people we're talking about. Now it's gonna be war." Here is a memorial collage that is making the rounds. Here is another memorial picture tweeted by someone.

memorial to Shyanne has been set up nearby. Apparently there will be a memorial ceremony at 7PM, nearby.

Apparently Shyanne went out in this guy's arms. Apparently the 1 year old who was shot was also that guy's nephew.

The 23 year-old victim appears to be Joshua YasayMore and more RIPs are flowing in by the minute. His last tweet:"welcome to Toronto! You'll love it here! City like no other!"

This guy says that bullets grazed his head, and that "%@%*$*" weren't even aiming. Implies more than one shooter, I guess.

This guy is implying that there will be more violence in the future. The shooters "touched the wrong people". "This isn't over". More of the same sentiment from this girl. And this woman, who says "there is gonna be war". We should expect an "outrageous reaction", because there will be a "heavy domino effect". As another guy says, "Mandem aren't gonna let this slide easy." ('Mandem' = slang term for a collection of thugs.)

I fear for this community's future.

Apparently the little girl who was shot was a guy named Ledda's daughter. Ledda is apparently someone you don't mess withScottie Pimpin also thinks that this situation will be 'big' because of the bloodlines involved.

For an idea of who constitutes one of the victim's crew, see this video. The entire rap is superimposed over a blue bandana, which I can only assume symbolizes a crips chapter. Note the lyrics: "livin a hard life, growin up on my own / no mother no father i gotta do it all alone / but if i got a problem %@%*$* got the 44 / she got a really fat ++@ with a long nose". This video is frequently tweeted with an accompanying "#GWAY" tag, which must refer to "Galloway". Galloway is the name of a nearby road which hosts a number of public housing projects.

More local music. "got the 44 extra kick / extended ? clip / i suggest you sit / or my dogs'll sick". Later on he says "you know who I rep / earlybirds is the set", where "set" is common terminology for chapter of a gang. Note that the guy whose video I linked above's twitter name was "early3irds", and this guy, who also retweeted the above video, takes the screen name "EARLY!!!". This music video is also by the same crew and also showcases the same neighborhood where this incident went down. Here is another video by the same crew; note the cripwalk at 0:43.

Here is a crappy lo-res photo of the investigation area. Here is a much better hi-res of the investigation area in daylight.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I tried read through that and just ended up doing this.

crying
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's amazing...I find that kind of %!@! fascinating. People really put their whole lives online nowadays...it's like "Vantage Point".

Back
Top Bottom