Tyreke Evans to Make Official Visit to St John's?

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

*checks calendar, keeps it moving*

roll.gif

no chance he plays for SJU....Norm can't recruit.

The only things that will save this program are a new coach and Lance Stephenson

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

roll.gif

The only things that will save this program are a new coach and Lance Stephenson

They better do all they can to keep Sir Lancelot in NY.....Even if it is only for a year....

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

roll.gif

They better do all they can to keep Sir Lancelot in NY.....Even if it is only for a year....
They need Patino more than anyone.

If he comes to Queens I just might streak across campus...............................................Ok im lyin but I would still be thrilled....

SJU had a top 25 recruiting class last year people. Norm inherited a program with zero talent (for his first couple of years they didn't even have 5scholarship players!) and major NCAA imposed restrictions and penalties. So far he has done an excellent job of bringing in better talent/student athletes. Ittakes a while for programs to recover, and it remains to be seen if SJU will ever return to the glory days, but it should be noted that coach Robert's hasthe program headed in the right direction at least. As an NYC hoops fan, and the son of an SJU alum who actually played for old Lou, I am definitely hopingthey can turn it around. With the Knicks sucking for the foreseeable future, and SJU mired in mediocrity/rebuilding, there isn't much for us to cheer forin the rotten apple.

KK...I hear what you are saying, but I don't really agree....look at the transfer rate of dudes who Norm has recruited that have left the program. From aBASKETBALL standpoint, Norm hasn't gotten the job done. He's not a good X's/O's type of coach, and there is alot of talent beingwasted...namely Mr. Burrell. I think the hiring of Norm was nothing more than a PR move by the university. He's a local dude, and in wake of the PittScandal and all of Jarvis' transgressions, he was a breath of fresh air. Seriously, how long SHOULD it take to get a program back to respectibility? Ialways comapre SJU to Baylor. IMO, Baylor was in MUCH worse shape than SJU, but look at where they are today. SJU is a joke in the BE. There are dudes on thatroster, that if it wasn't for SJU, they would have NO business playing in the Big East. People are getting restless, and if there aren't anyimprovements this season, Norm is done.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pitino in NY
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Not cool....Dude would have the killer recruiting classes....

I'm sayin...
laugh.gif
Pitino in New York would be flat out unfair.

Originally Posted by RudyGay22UcoNN

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just go to Texas UCONN, Tyreke.

Fixed.
pimp.gif

This may sound weird....

But 'Reke doesn't strike me as a Jim Calhoun type player....IMO...

I think his best fit will be in Memphis....

here some snippets on Norm from the NY Daily News...

The News reported on Monday that while Roberts and his staff have rebuilt bridges to the city basketball community that were burned under Mike Jarvis' administration, the Johnnies' losing record and the uncertainty about Roberts' future have crippled efforts to recruit the city's top players.

And although Roberts has restored St. John's "clean" status after a sex scandal in Pittsburgh and revelations of cash payments to a player were the hallmarks of Jarvis' tenure, Roberts is just 47-65 since taking over in April 2003.

"I am sure that Norm is celebrating today," said one Big East assistant coach. "But 15 other Big East coaches are celebrating, too."

But the decision won't be universally popular. Outcry against Roberts among alumni has been vociferous, and ticket sales have declined both at the Garden and Carnesecca Arena.

"I think they have guys in the front office there that live in the glory days and don't really care what happens now," one prominent AAU coach said. "They just relive those glory days."

smh.gif

it's no secret that he is terrible at recruiting...a dude like Pitino would be PERFECT for the SJU job, and assure that if you hoop in the 5 boroughs, youwill have SJU at the top of your list....those days are LONG gone...

Back
Top Bottom