U know how much the jordan pack cost whole sale.. 164.50

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Yeah, that's terrible - the store should be made to give you them for that. Then the staff would just work there for fun and the electric company wouldn't mind giving you free electricity.

Maybe you should go down to your local Mercedes dealer and demand a new car for the value of the scrap metal, plastic and leather that constitute it.

Or go down to a local restaurant and demand food for the cost of the raw ingredients - the staff there would be happy to do that to you just for the pure enjoyment.

In fact, why not go back to the farmer and just give him the cost of the seeds and the feed for his livestock - then you could buy everyone a steak dinner for about $5.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

THIS DOESN'T BOTHER ME CUZ I PAID $165 FOR BOTH PACKS FROM THE NIKE EMPLOYEE STORE IN GREENLAND

THIS DOESN'T BOTHER ME CUZ I PAID $165 FOR BOTH PACKS FROM THE NIKE EMPLOYEE STORE IN GREENLAND

Still tight I paid retail for my two packages.

Discount will be used for all future purchases that allows it.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Yeah, that's terrible - the store should be made to give you them for that. Then the staff would just work there for fun and the electric company wouldn't mind giving you free electricity.

Maybe you should go down to your local Mercedes dealer and demand a new car for the value of the scrap metal, plastic and leather that constitute it.

Or go down to a local restaurant and demand food for the cost of the raw ingredients - the staff there would be happy to do that to you just for the pure enjoyment.

In fact, why not go back to the farmer and just give him the cost of the seeds and the feed for his livestock - then you could buy everyone a steak dinner for about $5.

laugh.gif
Now that's comedyright there! haha!
laugh.gif

I KIND OF KNEW THAT LONG TIME AGO.....................IF TO MAKE SHOES COST A LITTLE BIT..............ALL THE STORES FEEL THEY NEEDED TO MAKE A PROFIT ON THESHOE........................

I KIND OF KNEW THAT LONG TIME AGO.....................IF TO MAKE SHOES COST A LITTLE BIT..............ALL THE STORES FEEL THEY NEEDED TO MAKE A PROFIT ON THESHOE........................

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

my boy just txt me that...yup that's what stores pay for and we get got for 310 + tax if ur lucky enough.

How old are you? Have you taken economics in high school yet?
You will learn eventually.

There is a store in brooklyn nyc that I dont shop at anymore called spicy action that told me he has to make "3 times retail price of the 13 and 10package" 2 weeks before release back in January.

This store has a nike account and I am sure got the packages at the $164.50 wholesale price.

When nike gives greedy stores like this an account and they have the buying power to take the good shoes and the garbage you have to understand alot of thesenon chain stores will over charge on the popular shoes that will sell to make up for all the crap and clothing that sits there.

But of how this store and the others that are connect to spicy action work there accounts should be taken away for not even asking more then the retail pricebecause not dont care about that.

What nike cares about is stores following the release date that alot of small shops dont follow.

i walked into spicey action for the laser V's and dude told me $550..if that counter wasnt so high i woulda jumped up an slapped him...its driving me crazywondering how that store is still in business..im just glad he wasnt on the Titanium XX3 list

that sounds bout right, most wholesale markups are about 160-200% the wholesale cost of the product. For example, my uncle has a wholesale account with moparperformance. I got my buddy an intake for his car and the products MSRP is 300$ and the wholesale cost is 160$. Some companies that have alot of power have theright to take away your wholesale account if you are selling product under MSRP before a certain period of time. I used to work at a sporting goods store thathad a nike account. if we sold stuff under the price that comes on the stickers on the product packaging, Nike would send a secret shopper just to check. Onlyif you ordered the product X amount of months before you are allowed to lower the price as a "sale" product. to open a wholesale account, mostcompanies require a huge opening order and X amount of dollars ordered months, semi annually, quarter annually, bi-yearly, annually, etc. for example, theowner of that same store wanted to open a reebok account. a reebok rep came by the store years before and offered to let him open a reebok whole account forfree, just following the guidelines for incremental ordering. he declined, didnt care for reebok, he already had nike and adidas adn recently got under armour.then, reebok buys adidas, and gets the licensing for the nfl and nba. the owner then wants to get a reebok account and finds out reebok wants 50k opening orderand 10k a month after that.

Originally Posted by bobyelenak

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by bobyelenak

Yeah? And your point. Thats the nature of business, you expect them to make what $10 on a product? Lol... And actually, I got the pack shipped for $265, so a $100 markup is not bad whatsoever for 2 pairs of jays. You know what these shoes cost to make? Less than $10 per, and you know what Nike pays the people that make these shoes? About 25-35 cents per hour. That should be your real gripe.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE GETTING A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN 35 CENTS I GUESS I WAS WRONG ..ITS A SHAME
tired.gif
smh.gif

Nike was catching A LOT of heat in the mid-late 90s and at that time it was around a quarter an hour. After all that negative press they may have raised it up to 30-40 cents an hour, but you're right, its still disgusting. But if they didn't do it for that price, they would just find others (very young children aged 5-10yo) to do it at the same price. It's a shame, but thats the truth in companies like these.
mad.gif
5-10year
eek.gif
olds dammmm

Originally Posted by fbi6904

that sounds bout right, most wholesale markups are about 160-200% the wholesale cost of the product. For example, my uncle has a wholesale account with mopar performance. I got my buddy an intake for his car and the products MSRP is 300$ and the wholesale cost is 160$. Some companies that have alot of power have the right to take away your wholesale account if you are selling product under MSRP before a certain period of time. I used to work at a sporting goods store that had a nike account. if we sold stuff under the price that comes on the stickers on the product packaging, Nike would send a secret shopper just to check. Only if you ordered the product X amount of months before you are allowed to lower the price as a "sale" product. to open a wholesale account, most companies require a huge opening order and X amount of dollars ordered months, semi annually, quarter annually, bi-yearly, annually, etc. for example, the owner of that same store wanted to open a reebok account. a reebok rep came by the store years before and offered to let him open a reebok whole account for free, just following the guidelines for incremental ordering. he declined, didnt care for reebok, he already had nike and adidas adn recently got under armour. then, reebok buys adidas, and gets the licensing for the nfl and nba. the owner then wants to get a reebok account and finds out reebok wants 50k opening order and 10k a month after that.

This sounds similar to what I have heard as being the reason why Footlocker lost its account with Nike for a while. Nike was upset that Footlocker wasputting shoes on clearance and on the 2 for sales before a certain time period. That is why you rarely see 2 for deals on Nike at Footlocker.

The wholesale cost for clothing and footwear is generally 50% off the retail price. Nike's wholesale cost used to be 50% off the retail price for allmodels, at least up to some point in the 90's, but now it seems around 46% as someone else mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom