U of Wisconsin cut ties with Nike

Originally Posted by kidcudahy

They are pretty good at football and alright in basketball.
I would say that a team that has made the tournament for 12 straight seasons is more than alright.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by clkru

I never get why Nike gets so much hate when adidas manufacturing plants in developing countries utilize the same potentially exploitative labor tactics as Nike... only prob is that Nike has more well-documented/media-exposed cases.

QFT. STRAIGHT-UP.

Originally Posted by osubass1

i'm not sure all of you read the article.

Nike is not the one who is refusing to pay, it's the subcontractors.

they contract their work out to different companies. Nike isn't responsible for that subcontactor's business practices.

while i understand the position of the University of Wisconsin, this is not Nike who is refusing to pay their workers.

This x 2

I see this affecting the hockey program more than anything. Their jerseys are sponsored by adidas but the rest of the gear is by bauer, which is nike owned

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

MINNESOTA... STAND UP....
Minnesota....sit down.  ya'll suck at everything - i take that back, you make hot blondes, that is about it.

I wish my Badgers were a NIKE school, but the fact of the matter is that "3stripe" has given a deal to the school reebok or nike couldnt even come close to.  its all whats best for the players anyways...

Adidas has made some serious moves in the last 10yrs getting schools with ENORMOUS alumni bases.  smart business....

Ok you guys are blaming the wrong people that being the companies that build factories for cheap labor. The people at fault and the ones to blame are the governments of these countries. They are the people to blame this is only possible because they allow it. So if your mom let your cousin come live with you and she gave your room to your cousin who would you blame your cousin or your mom.

Back
Top Bottom