• .5 Small

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • Narrow

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Wide

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
Recent? US been having gun issues.
Dont mean to get too political but seriously just look what our country has come to right?! People who are anti-gun and pro gun control if you don't like guns don't buy one. Nuff said! Don't make it harder (Dianne Feinstein for example) for other law abiding people to enjoy their guns or get guns for hunting/protection/self defense etc by trying gun control tactics, or possibly just banishing them altogether. It don't work, never will work,criminals are still gunna get em one way or another and we will still face the issues we are facing now further down the road if more gun control policies go into effect. It also will make it tougher for the average American to get em and keep em. I'll keep my guns and my freedom thank you! Ain't nobody takin those things away from me.

it doesn't come out for like 6 months. can't remember if its a june or july release. I work in retail so I get to see what comes out 6-8 months in advance 
still $130? Or price hike to $140 or $150? Overall still much more affordable than Nikes signature athlete shoes. I mean if people are already paying $130, hey whats an extra $10-$20 right? Better than buying from some hypebeast reseller on eBay who would most more than likely charge you double to triple ($260-$400) than what you would pay in store or on UA.com. Crazy huh? Never thought I'd see that day where a pair of UA BBall shoes could be from $250 to $400-$500 on eBay! Insane

I live in St. Paul and agree that you don't see a ton of Currys around here, but they are around... just a lot more sparsely distributed.  Only see a handful of guys in leagues that I play in and the youth rocking them, but it doesn't bother me at all.  In fact it's kind of nice

To answer your question -- I think the people that are buying these fall primarily into two categories (I'm not claiming this is the truth, just how I am guessing...):

1. Fans of Curry, young and old
2. People who understand that UA makes solid basketball shoes and that Nike isn't everything
Why do you think hardly anyone has them here? How do you think it's nice that no one has them? It just seems like to me if you wore them and no one else was it would be sorta weird maybe? And I don't (to a degree) really think that Nike is everything, even tho I said I saw ppl with Nike ball shoes all the time. I was just wondering why kids/teens/adults weren't really diggin Currys kicks? cause I almost never see them on the other side of the river and even when I go to my other brothers games I hardly see them either. The colorway I see the most frequently is the Dub Nation Home colors and Away colors.

Why do you think hardly anyone has them here? How do you think it's nice that no one has them? It just seems like to me if you wore them and no one else was it would be sorta weird maybe? And I don't (to a degree) really think that Nike is everything, even tho I said I saw ppl with Nike ball shoes all the time. I was just wondering why kids/teens/adults weren't really diggin Currys kicks? cause I almost never see them on the other side of the river and even when I go to my other brothers games I hardly see them either. The colorway I see the most frequently is the Dub Nation Home colors and Away colors.
I think hardly anyone has them here mainly because UA still has the image of being an apparel brand only. I myself once doubted them from a footwear standpoint.  I think that's the case -- everyone still thinks Nike and other brands are far superior and that a UA shoe won't deliver.  I don't really know what I mean by it being "nice" that no one has them -- that doesn't really matter to me, I guess what I mean is it's nice that I don't always have to fight to just pick up a pair of them.

Without even getting into their training/running shoe line, what I think UA does right with their hoop shoes are the following -- most of the time great fitting shoes, adequate support, consistent/full-length cushioning that's well-balanced when it comes to responsiveness/impact protection/court feel and lastly, they don't fuss too much with traction and stay with what works.

Anyway -- to reiterate, I think people are just sort of stuck on the fact that UA actually CAN make good footwear and that it's a slow transition in some States for people to realize that and give them a try.  That's why you probably don't see many of them in the TC.  Just my hunch

Whatever that shoe will be called (Top Gun, team curry 2.5, etc), really curious about that material and how they did the tongue almost like burrito style.  Would seem to wrap really nicely around the foot

I think the shoe is just gonna be the team curry. And now he will have his team line similar to LeBron and his Soldier line. Makes sense if you're UA to make a team line of their most popular player

those home dubnation lows look awesome[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Nike goofed when they let this guy sign to UA.

Nope. Try again.

Yes, Curry turned into a superstar, but it was after ankle problem after ankle problems. Nike made a business decision to let him go because UA offered too much for what Curry was worth at that time from a marketing stand point.

Nope. Try again.

Yes, Curry turned into a superstar, but it was after ankle problem after ankle problems. Nike made a business decision to let him go because UA offered too much for what Curry was worth at that time from a marketing stand point.

All he needed were ankle braces :rolleyes

But you're right, he wasn't the "Steph" we know now and Nike couldn't predict the future. Plus it took a couple of years with UA before we see the Steph that we see today.

The Curry 2.5 are slated to release in July. My guess is UA r decided to put out a shoe he's gonna wear in the playoffs and Olympics. Kind of how Nike did the elite models for the KD, Kobe, and Lebron a few years ago. Also how Adidas does the .5 models for D Rose to wear for the second half of the year

View media item 1882013Probably the closest I'll ever get to the court.

Few years ago I sat one row behind the floor seats, ticket was $175 each for the Suns.

When Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry was on the team. I think 2013. Anyways, my point is the price of the tickets was so affordable. I don't want to know how much you paid or cost of those seat now.

Last edited:
I've played a good 10 times in the curry 2 now and have been quite happy.
I never pay retail on shoes I'm going to ball in but bit the Canadian sticker price, as I was on my way to a bad gym and my bball huraches had literally just exploded.
These things play great in every indoor scenario.
I could use a little more forefoot cushioning and I can't keep the right shoes tongue from bunching up but I literally never notice it has moved until I stop playing

Few years ago I sat one row behind the floor seats, ticket was $175 each for the Suns.

When Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry was on the team. I think 2013. Anyways, my point is the price of the tickets was so affordable. I don't want to know how much you paid or cost of those seat now.

They were comped tickets for Globe Trotters, I took the kids.
If parking is also $40 for the Spurs game, an evening in the nosebleeds for two is going to run about $600.

Back
Top Bottom