UA Curry 4

Called 2 local footlockers - they all told me they had them in store. Drove, paid for parking, ran to both stores...they didn't receive shipment and they didn't know when they would.

I go home, UA.ca, copped 2 pairs. I think these are going to be delayed like the black/white to be honest. Footlocker sites saying backordered til December 1. It's almost as if UA is purposely trying to aggravate fans.

Just wondering anyone got their black/white pair shipped from DSG?

i got my pair earlier this week. their customer service is not the best. the person on the chat told me they weren't coming and to call my bank to get the authorized charge to come off my account. but yeah they eventually arrived. think it was day before thanksgiving.

i think this shoe sucks and we are blinded by its great aesthetics. Every performance review has been saying the cushioning is nonexistent. "Court feel" just means your feet can feel the ground. Socks give you court feel. Guards need to be low to the ground but also there needs to be protection for your knees, joints, and these shoes aren't enough, unless you play like Andre Miller and leave 1 inch from the ground max. I've also seen the synthetic material get paint chipped off after just one day hooping, and I've also seen the upper knit material start to seperate from the base. The only good part of this shoe really has been its "fit". Cool, your feet don't slide around in them. That's like the bare minimum for a hoop shoe. I have turned on this shoe and I am now a hater. Looks so dope though

Super easy cop. Walked in store a little after 8am. Asked for my size. Didn't have em. Went .5 a size up. Glad I did. These are snug as hell. These need big time break in. Putting them on reminded me of the Kobe 9s 1511629940844695994064.jpg

i think this shoe sucks and we are blinded by its great aesthetics. Every performance review has been saying the cushioning is nonexistent. "Court feel" just means your feet can feel the ground. Socks give you court feel. Guards need to be low to the ground but also there needs to be protection for your knees, joints, and these shoes aren't enough, unless you play like Andre Miller and leave 1 inch from the ground max. I've also seen the synthetic material get paint chipped off after just one day hooping, and I've also seen the upper knit material start to seperate from the base. The only good part of this shoe really has been its "fit". Cool, your feet don't slide around in them. That's like the bare minimum for a hoop shoe. I have turned on this shoe and I am now a hater. Looks so dope though

I've heard/seen the same things as you so I'm not in a hurry to get them. I like them so I'll end up with at least one pair.

For all my Chicago people Woodfield Mall Champs and Foot Locker had pretty much all sizes when I left at 9:30. Easy cop for me in and out.

^ I am there with you, to certain degree. A defect-free pair looks great on-foot, but as others have said, I wouldn't dare play in it w/o a custom orthotic.

As for today's release, I arrived at FTL at 10am when they opened and there were a handful of others there for the same purpose. Stock quantities seemed plentiful - I looked at 3 diff pairs in my size (due to glue and slightly discolored collars).

I haven't played in these or any Curry shoe since the 1, so I'm in no position to judge for this particular shoe. I share the overall sentiment though for shoes in general that tout the whole "low-profile" minimum cushioning for the sake of court feel, such as the Kyrie line.

I'm not sure when it started, but the idea that a shoe has to sacrifice cushioning for the sake of court feel is just laughable. It's important for consumers and designers to keep in mind that a lot of us play for hours on end, multiple days out of the week. So for me, I tend to stay away from shoes with minimal cushioning. These shoes might actually be appropriate for certain situations and players, so there is a place for them and we're lucky to have tons of excellent, available and affordable choices.

I can see this, I'm not a fan of this use of minimal cushion but UA is giving us what Steph wants in his shoe. Minimal cushion and that's what we get, not like with a lot of Nike sigs where NBA players get additional full length air in their shoes and we get a tiny zoom unit in retail pairs. I've been rotating between Dame 3's and Curry 4's when I need a little bit more impact protection. As for the upper material chipping and shoe separating, those could be isolated cases as my pair of More Fun haven't had any issues yet. There's no reason to hate, it just means the shoe isn't meant for you.

There are cheap details throughout this shoe. The fuse piece that goes around the shoe is very thin and is coated with a thin layer of paint that rubs off easily. The hole punches are also very cheap-looking.

It appears that most of the pieces of the upper are just bonded together with a minimal amount of adhesive. There is no reinforced stitching, except on the pull tab. It won't be a surprise as the upper breaks down with more wear.

The heel counter is tiny and feels flimsy. The impact protection is bare bones. The cushioning feel is on the firm side, which is ideal for shifty guards, but but heavier players might feel it bottoming-out.

Back
Top Bottom