Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Again, I think I fall somewhere in the middle.

I understand why these kids act this way but they are still causing havoc. There needs to be some sort of motivation from the law to stay in line and follow society's rules.

I don't THINK I believe a child should have to pay for it's mistakes for the rest of it's life because hopefully everyone gets the chance to make things right but these repeat offenders clearly don't fear repercussions. You see it in schools, you see it on the street. You see it everywhere.

But until we fix the root issues (which will NEVER be fixed in a capitalist society) get fixed, we will always have these issues.

Seems like the solution perpetuates the problem. And it disproportionately affects the black community. AND, considering this country's history, it's likely a cycle that was intentionally implemented.

America locks up more people than anywhere in the world and has been doing so for decades. Not sure we're really getting anywhere on this road.

Seems like the solution perpetuates the problem. And it disproportionately affects the black community. AND, considering this country's history, it's likely a cycle that was intentionally implemented.

America locks up more people than anywhere in the world and has been doing so for decades. Not sure we're really getting anywhere on this road.

We STILL got people out here like this posting this naive nonsense with all the articles and videos that have been posted in here. Newsflash champ…..a lot of people are voluntarily signing up for jail, particularly our young black youth unfortunately.

It disproportionately affects the black community because…….well a lot of black people are committing crimes unfortunately. It ain’t that hard to figure out. Read this article in regards to the big fight that happened this weekend in PG County….better yet just look at the video below. Tell what race of kids do you see??

Certain individuals simply don’t deserve and don’t belong in a civilized society. America locks up more people than anywhere else in the world because….more people in America want to get locked up….3 hots and a cot is what people want. I say we give it to them.

Thoughts?

Again, my condolences to the father and the rest of the family for their tragic loss of all 3 family members. That being said before the father attempts to have a meeting with the mayor or any other public official for that matter, the father needs to have a meeting with the person starring at him in the mirror and go from there.

How do you as a father bury not 1, not 2, but now 3 of you sons……..then have the nerve to talk about you wanna have a meeting with the mayor. The father needs to have a meeting with himself and himself only, do some reflection and figure out how he failed as a father with all 3 of his now deceased sons living under his roof and care.

Folks gotta stop looking to blame others for their mistakes and or shortcomings. As much as the father thinks the mayor or any public official could have or should have done more to help save his 3 sons…….there’s ALOT more he could have and should have done as a father to help save his sons.

Edit—

Better yet, the father needs to ask to have a meeting with his sons killers……all 3 of them. Go to the ones that killed your sons, and stop looking elsewhere. Even go to the killers family members and handle business there.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Bowser might want to talk to them folks up in B-More...

Bowser might want to talk to them folks up in B-More...

A 20% drop numbers wise is good in a sense…..but more people reside in DC than Baltimore and homicides in Baltimore were slightly……just barely less than DC in 2023. Also and more importantly the vast majority of homicides in BOTH cities were black people……killed at the hands of other black people. Why isn’t there outrage about that?? Some black folks hate to hold other black folks accountable.

So again, the whole, "Don't bring up black on black crime because they are the same speaking points from the Racist Right."

Are we not allowed to bring this up EVER?

Yes, we know people that commit these crimes tend to come from people at the lower end of the socio-economic totem pole but stuff is still happening regardless of who is doing it.

Like deuce king deuce king said, it's wild that you aren't even allowed to bring it UP without being labeled as working for the other side.

So again, the whole, "Don't bring up black on black crime because they are the same speaking points from the Racist Right."

It's 2024 Fam...

Don't bring up "black-on-black" crime because "black-on-black" crime is a myth...

"Many writers, notably Slate’s Jamelle Bouie and Natalie Hopkinson for The Root, have done a tremendous service exposing the term as such. They correctly point out that what’s referred to as “black-on-black violence” is really a by-product of residential segregation and concentrated poverty: Black homicide offenders don’t kill people because they have dark skin, like a Klan member would. This may seem obvious, and yet the myth of black-on-black crime persists."

Clearly, though, there's more work to be done on the use of this highly charged phrase. Understanding the term’s origins helps further explain why it is so stubbornly entrenched in the public lexicon.

In December of 1970, Chicago Daily Defender columnist Warner Saunders wrote about getting invited to speak at a seminar on black-on-black crime. To prep for the talk, he caught up with a neighborhood hustler named “Fast Willie” and asked him why he “robbed and beat up black people who are brothers.” Willie’s response was an early indication of what we need to know about the supposed “black-on-black” phenomenon:

We go where the business is and where the man ain’t looking. Can you see me going up to Deerfield, black as I am, trying to stick up? The man would be on me so fast I couldn’t get a chewing gum wrapper. Out here the man is too busy whooping them Panthers and giving tickets to mess with me. Any way, he don’t care if ******s get ripped off. But you can bet he’s watching his ‘thang’ back in his own ‘hood.’

Deerfield is a north Chicago neighborhood that’s historically been predominantly white, and is 96 percent white today. The rest of Willie’s testimony is self-explanatory: He commits crimes against other African Americans because that’s who lives around him—and that’s what police will let him get away with.

Jesse Jackson also saw things playing out this way, and in that year rebuked white government officials and mainstream media for “their silence and ineffectiveness in dealing with the present black-on-black crime crisis,” while applauding the Chicago Daily Defender for its “courageous challenge of black-on-black crime.”

Jackson was complaining to local and state officials that the criminal justice system had been punishing black criminal suspects more harshly when their victims were white as opposed to when the victims were black. Pointing to the “killing of more than 70 black youths” that year, Jackson was illuminating a paradox that remains with us today: That black neighborhoods are often simultaneously underpoliced and overpoliced, with black victims of violence less likely to receive justice, as Mother Jones’ Edwin Rios and The Nation’s Kai Wright recently reported.

He commits crimes against other African Americans because that’s who lives around him—and that’s what police let him get away with.

So when I say black on black crime, I am simply speaking on to damage we do to each other. YES, people do damage to people that live in/near/around them.we know that.

Not even focusing on the politicized phrase, "Black on Black Crime" per-se.

Unbelievable…..it’s 2024 and folks referring to articles written in the 1970’s to try and prove their point about something in the present.

Let’s talk numbers…..

Homicides in DC in 2023–274
Homicides in Baltimore in 2023–263

At least 80% of those homicides in both cities were black people……killed by the hands of other black people. Combined that’s 429 black people in two separate cities that are separated by 41 miles of distance. That’s just in 1……just 1 small area of America, forget about nationwide because the numbers would be off the charts.

It’s not about reading some article from the 1970’s that’s not about nothing or isn’t speaking on things happening TODAY. Go to your local courthouse, watch local cases for free and tell me the faces you see up for criminal felony and or murder cases, request a visit with your local 911 dispatcher and tell me the calls that come in for service and what they pertain to, go to your local inner city high school at let out time and tell me if the young people act in civilized manner leaving school and while taking public transportation home.

If anyone honestly…..and I mean honestly believes there is no such thing as black on black crime or whatever the hell you want to call it you are fooling yourself………and yourself only. WE got some serious issues in our community that need to be addressed that only WE can fix…..that’s only if we admit there’s a problem though. Folks can’t be out here with their heads buried in the sand talking about read this article from the year 1952 or no nonsense like that. Folks better get off that.

Yea I agree that we can't expect those that put us in this situation to be motivated to fix this situation FOR us.

But I also don't see why it would get any better with the way this system is set up.

There will always be haves and have nots.

Barring a meteor coming down, destroying everyone and we start this thing allnover: I just can't see why it WOULD change.

If crime has a skin color (or skin at all) in your opinion, then that says everything about you and nothing about crime.

The color of a man's skin does not make him more or less predisposed to crime.

The shared color of men's skin does not make them more or less predisposed to peace.

Crime doesn't have a skin color (or skin at all). Neither does peace.

This was true in 1970, before 1970, and after 1970 - because the truth doesn't change.

Also -

The concept of "race" is a social construct.

It doesn't exist scientifically.

People are just people Fam.

There is no such thing as a "Black-on-Black" crime.

Some criminals happen to be White.

Some victims happen to be White.

Rhetorical question:

Where are the "White-on-White" crime narratives?

Not gonna hold y'all though - carry on.

Last edited:
Yea I agree that we can't expect those that put us in this situation to be motivated to fix this situation FOR us.

But I also don't see why it would get any better with the way this system is set up.

There will always be haves and have nots.

Barring a meteor coming down, destroying everyone and we start this thing allnover: I just can't see why it WOULD change.

@DCAllAfrican……edit that second paragraph champ. The killings WE face in our community have NOTHING to do with some so called system set up in place.

What does a so called system have to do with the NOW 3 additional black people killed in DC just last night alone, article below. Folks better get off that foolishness.

If crime has a color in your opinion then that says everything about you and nothing about crime.

Crime doesn't have a color.

This was true in 1970, before 1970, and after 1970 - because the truth doesn't change.

Also -

Only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong champ. You must be legit color blind or one of those people that walk around talking about “I don’t see race…….i just see people as people”. The display of naivety is off the charts in here today.

Scientifically speaking your brain naturally empathizes/connects with people that look like you. That’s scientifically proven. I’ll look for the one book I’m thinking of when I get back home tomorrow but heres some things below in the mean time.

The original point remains the same…WE and only WE have some issues in OUR community that WE need to address. Not some talk about some system. This is serious business.

“Black on black” crime narratives would hit harder if yall use places where the majority of folks not black, like Portland or something :lol: …But generally crime happens in proximity and this a an extremely segregated country so folks of the same race will harm each other more than other ppl cuz that’s who they are around and see every day it’s really not that complicated or deep

If crime has a skin color (or skin at all) in your opinion, then that says everything about you and nothing about crime.

The color of a man's skin does not make him more or less predisposed to crime.

The shared color of men's skin does not make them more or less predisposed to peace.

Crime doesn't have a skin color (or skin at all). Neither does peace.

Also -

There is no such thing as a "Black-on-Black" crime.

Some criminals happen to be White.

Some victims happen to be White.

Rhetorical question:

Where are the "White-on-White" crime narratives?

Not gonna hold y'all though - carry on.

Yea I don't think I implied any of that man
Don't do this. :lol:

Are there any statistics on crime in segregated neighborhoods by race? In Brooklyn for example it doesn't seem like non minorities are killed or robbed at the same rate as minorities even though they live in close proximity.

Yea I don't think I implied any of that man
Don't do this. :lol:

As soon as people use the phrase "Black on Black crime" they accept everything that comes along with their decision, including the implications of that phrase.

To continue using the phrase is to accept accountability for its meaning and its history.

It's cool either way...just know everybody ain't rockin' with it.

At best it's a logical fallacy.

A red herring if you will.

It implies the melanin content of a human's epidermis has an impact on their penchant for criminal activity.

Personally, not a hill on which I would choose to plant a flag.

Back
Top Bottom