Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Even in this example what would be the flip side of the coin for Kid B other than trying to work his way out of the situation?

Yes the odds are stacked against him, yes he's at a huge disadvantage, yes kids who fall under group A aren't going to understand his struggle.... None of that is going to change anytime soon, so the only option outside of just becoming a victim to your circumstances is trying like hell to beat em.

I would love if the playing field were even..... but that's fairytale ****, this nation has shown a single inkling of wanting to do that in any way.

How is KID B going to know the benefits or why to work through his circumstances?

He’s not getting the guidance from home. Look at it from a lenses that aren’t your own.

You’re almost there.

I keep seeing this Matrix like realization y’all are expecting these children to have where all of a sudden they care about school after going their whole life not being provided examples of the benefits of it.

No parental support pushing for it, bad schools then one day day Daquan just wakes up says he want good grades.

That is not how life or children work 😂😂😂

How is KID B going to know the benefits or why to work through his circumstances?

You’re almost there.

Again i never said i'm against calling out the bull**** or highlighting it, as long as there it something else behind it.

That's my only issue, it seems as if some of these people want black people to acknowledge their victims & do nothing else about it. Just wallow in this repetitive cycle of "the white man won't allow me" when that isn't the case.

To use your example, It is also possible that Kid B loses motivation to do more or try & achieve higher because the people he looks up to for guidance are telling him that he's a victim & that he doesn't have a fair shot anyway.

I think their needs to be more of a middle ground with some of this stuff & day by day it seems like the opposite is happening & the gap is getting wider. You can know about all the factors built up against you, why also acknowledging that your the only one who's gonna get you out of this situation. Not no sympathy from white people, not no lies from politicians. Your mind, your skill, your work ethic.

****** been running the same game on us since Christianity

Last edited:
I keep seeing this Matrix like realization y’all are expecting these children to have where all of a sudden they care about school after going their whole life not being provided examples of the benefits of it.

No parental support pushing for it, bad schools then one day day Daquan just wakes up says he want good grades.

That is not how life or children work 😂😂😂

Yea, when I see it I get it. I can't even blame them but that doesn't mean we should stop fighting to get them to understand.

But honestly, it can feel hopeless at times but I have to check myself to make sure I'm not being too pessimistic.

Yea, when I see it I get it. I can't even blame them but that doesn't mean we should stop fighting to get them to understand.

But honestly, it can feel hopeless at times but I have to check myself to make sure I'm not being too pessimistic.

Exactly

People don't just WILL themselves out of their circumstances. That's the disconnect, it's not a real thing.

Acknowledge that we are in this situation by design.

Fight through/against the system as best as we can.

And this folks, is the difference between a hopeless victim mentality of us being put in a bad situation but accepting it and placing blame on others instead of trying to work out of it versus being put in a bad situation and making the best of it for future generations.

Not sure how many of our brothers and sisters who come from nothing and lead happy lives do that since it’s not a real thing though.

And this folks, is the difference between a hopeless victim mentality of us being put in a bad situation but accepting it and placing blame on others instead of trying to work out of it versus being put in a bad situation and making the best of it for future generations.

Not sure how many of our brothers and sisters who come from nothing and lead happy lives do that since it’s not a real thing though.

I see you dodged my original question to you.

Typical.

I see you dodged my original question to you.

Typical.

I mean yeah white folks have caused a lot of problems for us. But your solution is to blame them and accept where we are? We been blaming them for generations and where has that gotten us?

The way you post comes across as there’s absolutely no shot for people in poverty or other similar situations to get out, which is completely asinine. You pose no solutions, only lifelong victim mentality and blame.

I mean yeah white folks have caused a lot of problems for us. But your solution is to blame them and accept where we are? We been blaming them for generations and where has that gotten us?

The way you post comes across as there’s absolutely no shot for people in poverty or other similar situations to get out, which is completely asinine. You pose no solutions, only lifelong victim mentality and blame.

I wrote a whole half a page about the solution.

I’m not retyping it all.

The issue is that no one disagrees with this statement.

Knowing we're already three steps behind, at some point, people need to change their behaviors, stop making excuses and do better.

Jim Crow can't be the excuse that your mother/father doesn't give a **** about your academic performance in 2023.

I feel like this whole thing blew up because of the perceived "excuses" given for ****ty people doing ****ty things.

Only thing i don't get about constantly blaming white people... is that it's nets us nothing. The people behind all the factors don't give two ****s about our plight & they aren't going to jeopardize their own standing & their future lineage in order to "make things right".

That day is never coming, so we could highlight white supremacy's role in what's plaguing the black community all we want. fact of the matter is we are the only ones responsible for turning it around

I agree with both points. This is exactly why I said giving EXCUSES………and or EXPLANATIONS is pointless because they are given in hopes of gaining sympathy from white people. The white people in positions of power don’t care, never have and never will. Waiting on them to feel guilty for past atrocities and our current situation will continue to get US nowhere. We are not going to get help from anyone…..and that’s fine. We can make it without. No need to beg, cry, or weep to try and get the outside to see our problems and how we got here.

Only thing i don't get about constantly blaming white people... is that it's nets us nothing. The people behind all the factors don't give two ****s about our plight & they aren't going to jeopardize their own standing & their future lineage in order to "make things right".

That day is never coming, so we could highlight white supremacy's role in what's plaguing the black community all we want. fact of the matter is we are the only ones responsible for turning it around

The way I see it is if you dismiss or minimize the effects of white supremacy on certain aspects of the black community the implication is black folks lag behind other races in various categories soley because they're black. Its less about expecting white folks to make things right and more about rejecting the notion that skin color is a factor in ones ability to learn, earn comparable wages and raise families. These various gaps exist not because black people are unwilling or unable to do better, but because actions were/are taken by certain people to make it so.

I understand that compared to other factors that it isn’t as impactful , but I’ve been seeing here and there that cats are dismissing that the type of content consumed can’t alter the mind set.

Again, we can't measure the actual (%) level of influence any of these factors have but I feel the media children are exposed to matters a LOT in terms of their development/identity.

I also don't understand why those that are as dismissive about it feel the need to pretend we are saying it is the #1 / Only factor being considered when we DO bring it up.

This pretty much sums up the DMV in a nutshell.

5582B77A-7C0F-42F8-9287-2D221C12CD0B.jpeg

People love criminals!! Smh

In this episode of The Cave Podcast, Sharath Jason Wilson sat down with Cave of Adullam students Elisha Nunn, Jason Wilson II and Josiah Humphrey to discuss the recent rise in gun violence amongst youth and what can be done to counter it.

Last edited:

In this episode of The Cave Podcast, Sharath Jason Wilson sat down with Cave of Adullam students Elisha Nunn, Jason Wilson II and Josiah Humphrey to discuss the recent rise in gun violence amongst youth and what can be done to counter it.

I don’t want to see or hear about a man or men being “sensitive”……let alone being “hyper-sensitive”. That’s apart of the PROBLEM right there. Completely unacceptable. You simply can’t build with any guy talking like that.

7 of 8 teens accused in Toronto 'swarming' attack make court appearance for bail proceedings

These kids don't care

"At multiple points during court's afternoon session, Justice Maria Sirivar stared down at the girls, who were all seated on one side of a full courtroom. At one point, the judge said she was "distracted by all of the smirking" coming from some of the accused."

7 of 8 teens accused in Toronto 'swarming' attack make court appearance for bail proceedings

These kids don't care

"At multiple points during court's afternoon session, Justice Maria Sirivar stared down at the girls, who were all seated on one side of a full courtroom. At one point, the judge said she was "distracted by all of the smirking" coming from some of the accused."
of course they dont care. they literally met up with randoms online to "swarm".

Brooklyn Center’s diverse schools have cut suspensions and absenteeism in half. What’s their secret​

THEY will ignore this because it doesn’t back their hopeless narrative that the only fix is mass incarceration of black kids. Which isn’t even a preventative measure it’s reactive.

Anyways excellent article about actually addressing the root causes of these issues.

THEY will ignore this because it doesn’t back their hopeless narrative that the only fix is mass incarceration of black kids. Which isn’t even a preventative measure it’s reactive.

Anyways excellent article about actually addressing the root causes of these issues.

Nice try champ but nobody is or was suggesting jail for being a truant. Truancy isn’t even something to be arrested for. Bless your heart.

When folks speak about jails for kids we are speaking about examples/stories like the one below. Any kid that commits a robbery, burglary, carjacking or a murder needs to go to jail. We don’t need folks advocating for slaps on the wrist or worse yet a business program when someone commits a crime of this nature.

Nice try champ but nobody is or was suggesting jail for being a truant. Truancy isn’t even something to be arrested for. Bless your heart.

When folks speak about jails for kids we are speaking about examples/stories like the one below. Any kid that commits a robbery, burglary, carjacking or a murder needs to go to jail. We don’t need folks advocating for slaps on the wrist or worse yet a business program when someone commits a crime of this nature.

Thanks for proving my point champ

Brooklyn Center’s diverse schools have cut suspensions and absenteeism in half. What’s their secret​

This is pretty dope.

Hopefully the numbers continue to go down and it's not a function of our society moving into the post-pandemic era.

Back
Top Bottom