Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

The dirty truth is, slavery existed because the economy was dependent on it. Just like there are no interventions with these kids. People's "careers" and livelihood are dependent on them. The judges, the lawyers, the police and correctional officers, the numerous companies that the jails have contracts with from making the food to making prison apparel, etc.

I’m looking forward to hearing about how some “crabs in the barrel” mentality or how some imaginary white person is behind this specific shooting that killed a pregnant woman. Believe me……I’m all ears fellas P Present and others. Dudes better wake up and realize how BIG of a problem WE have in our community when it comes to violence and get your heads out the sand behind being nonchalant about things.

I’m looking forward to hearing about how some “crabs in the barrel” mentality or how some imaginary white person is behind this specific shooting that killed a pregnant woman. Believe me……I’m all ears fellas P Present and others.

amateur_hour_anchorman.gif

Do you realize that more than one thing can be true?

amateur_hour_anchorman.gif

Do you realize that more than one thing can be true?

Ron Burgundy……….see what I mean about imaginary white people fellas. Anyway I’m trying to figure out how anything about “crabs in a barrel” or any imaginary white people is TRUE as it pertains to the story I just posted??

Are you illiterate? Did I not state that there should preemptive programs to veer kids away from the streets? Yet you keep talking about "after". It appears you don't know what preemptive means.
DC is the Land of preemptive social programs. There‘s literally hundreds of programs all over the city from city groups, private and fraternal groups. Hell, the average citizen in DC can go to college damn near for free at UDC.

You can’t program your way into social responsibility. That has to be ingrained by the pillars in your life: Home, Community, Church, and School. And this is where they are failing.

DC is the Land of preemptive social programs. There‘s literally hundreds of programs all over the city from city groups, private and fraternal groups. Hell, the average citizen in DC can go to college damn near for free at UDC.

You can’t program your way into social responsibility. That has to be ingrained by the pillars in your life: Home, Community, Church, and School. And this is where they are failing.
Please read my subsequent posts and don't be so hasty to respond.

Please read my subsequent posts and don't be so hasty to respond.
I read them and this still stands. We stand at a point where we have to decide what we want our communities and the future of them to look like. You cannot hug the problem away nor can you wait for help. No one is coming. It is up to us to decide what to do with the heinous behaviors that we sometimes allow through bull**** thinking like “stop snitching” and the likes. Now, I’m hardcoded into not snitching (so much so that I’ve told my employees to stop doing it…) but there is a big difference snitching (when you’re in the game) vs being a good citizen (when you’re not in the game).

I'm not in the mindset of coddling folks. We’re past that. These kids and adults have no fear in consequences. In order to achieve peace, sometimes you have to be heavy-handedly, barbaric even, when trying to course correct.

I read them and this still stands. We stand at a point where we have to decide what we want our communities and the future of them to look like. You cannot hug the problem away nor can you wait for help. No one is coming. It is up to us to decide what to do with the heinous behaviors that we sometimes allow through bull**** thinking like “stop snitching” and the likes. Now, I’m hardcoded into not snitching (so much so that I’ve told my employees to stop doing it…) but there is a big difference snitching (when you’re in the game) vs being a good citizen (when you’re not in the game).

I'm not in the mindset of coddling folks. We’re past that. These kids and adults have no fear in consequences. In order to achieve peace, sometimes you have to be heavy-handedly, barbaric even, when trying to course correct.
Do you have any suggestions? You mentioned that DC is the land of programs, but as I've stated in my previous post in this thread, the effectiveness of a program cannot be guaranteed solely by its existence.

You realize your whole stance provides no concrete solutions to any actual problems right?

Harsher punishment does not deter crime.
Y’all are just repeating low IQ takes that sounds like they came directly from Hillary Clinton in 1996.

Real solutions would be to go to school board meetings, what local officials are you electing and what are their policy’s regarding education and crime?

The formula is simple. Increase education, decrease poverty, then crime is also decreased. If all you’re doing is “locking people up”, crime still happens, still have victims, and new criminals pop up each day.

Harsher punishment does not deter crime.
Y’all are just repeating low IQ takes that sounds like they came directly from Hillary Clinton in 1996.
As someone who was 20 in 1996, let me tell you the Clintons didn’t just come up with these ideas on their own.

They rightly get a lot of hate for the crime bill, but they truly believed they passed it to benefit their constituents in black and brown neighborhoods. And they believed it because “community leaders” at the time were begging for more law enforcement -especially anti-drug- in communities that they believed had been ignored by police forces.

If I’m at all vocal on this thread, it’s because I’ve seen this exact movie before. This is just the boring reboot with less charismatic actors.

Back
Top Bottom