Uber Driver stole my food and is probably laughing about it

So I ordered $25 of sandwiches from a deli. I sit in my house for 45 minutes and I’m not seeing my car come near my house. I call the guy and he says he sat in front of my house and then left. I’m like ok... he then says he took the food back to the place. Whatever. I call the place and they say he never came back.

So dude ate a $25 meal on my dime. I contacted Uber and they said they’d look into it. No idea what that means.

1. Is there anything I can do about this? Idk refute the charge in my card?

2. Is this a common thing where people steal food and get away with it

cmon b, you know what to do

tenor.gif

You better be knocking on every window with an uber sticker on it

So I ordered $25 of sandwiches from a deli. I sit in my house for 45 minutes and I’m not seeing my car come near my house. I call the guy and he says he sat in front of my house and then left. I’m like ok... he then says he took the food back to the place. Whatever. I call the place and they say he never came back.

So dude ate a $25 meal on my dime. I contacted Uber and they said they’d look into it. No idea what that means.

1. Is there anything I can do about this? Idk refute the charge in my card?

2. Is this a common thing where people steal food and get away with it
You should be able to get a refund and some credit from Uber Eats.

It's happened to me once and another time, the delivery guy delivered to the apartment next door along with their order...So when I knocked they were eating our order instead of theirs. wtf.

1. Call your CC Company, "DISPUTE" the charge.

2. Delivery men have been stealing food since the beginning of time man.

You will get your money back

Once he's in your vicinity Uber should've sent you a request. They may be able to track him to see if he was ever close.

You got his phone number. Call him and tell him you want your sandwiches back by 5pm or you'll see to it that his reputation in your fair city will no longer be good. Make sure you hang up immediately after your ultimatum for dramatic effect.

No he doesn't have the driver's number. It's a masked number that's only active during the trip.

Call uber and tell them that you didn't get your food.

Dude definitely ate it.

From what i read online if you dispute an Uber charge with your CC company Uber will ban your account. And of course you cant return food to a restaurant for sanitary reasons so yea dude took your food.

that’s the kinda thing you ask for a refund but never make a complaint and expect you’re gonna get sandwiches delivered without something special in them.

Lol.

Let me clear some things in this thread.

UberEat drivers can steal your food easily by saying they couldn’t find your location or if they’re literally close to your spot they can charge a no show. But you wouldn’t be able to see that.

They can eat your food with no repercussions.

Good news is Uber will refund your money.

Bad news is you won’t get any promo codes at all.

I had a chick steal my burritos. Too bad they were veggies only.

If you report to Uber that you didn't get your food, they should refund you and they'll take away the driver's fare.

Back
Top Bottom