UC Irvine Heads... Pros/Cons of the School? Need Help

Originally Posted by habib77fm

PROS: Asians
CONS: Asians

laugh.gif
smh.gif

i go there. pretty good school with a nice campus. im thinking of joining a frat next year just because of how boring it can get on some nights. Gym is a huge plus and theres some decent loooking girls here and there.
out of your choices i say go to irvine

lmao. irvine is full of asians. the academics is pretty good, however, it is a commuter school. as far as riverside, it is probably the worst UC

hmmm, pros cons of UCLA? dont know much about it. is it a pretty good school for dentistry?

hmmm, pros cons of UCLA? dont know much about it. is it a pretty good school for dentistry?

anyone know how i can find like acceptance % or transfer acceptance %? I know you can find it on the site but i cant find it.

you can make it fun depending on who you kick it with. if a bunch of your party friends are from norcal then your weekends wont be as bad. come thursdays, the school is damn near empty till monday.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Also, Kobe Bryant literally lives 2 miles from the campus and practices every morning at the UCI gym, shoots around there. Dont be surprised if you see him cut through campus in his Range Rover to get to the In N Out or go to the 24 hour fitness across the street from the campus. LOL
kobe was literally behind me at the drive through at in-n-out in his white Range.. I went to highschool in Irvine and it has a very sheltered/peaceful vibe to it, not very much of a college town. There are lots of cops but parties are what you make of it. It seems like it would be a perfect place to study and get schoolwork done. IMO if i were dedicated to school i would go there but if not look elsewhere. Oh ya and did i mention %&** IPD.

I visited this campus one time, and its actually pretty nice. Its pretty quiet, at least when I was there. Lot of my friends go there and they say academics are challenging. People around there are real chill and cool though. But irvine, the city, is filled with rich people. Apartments run for alot. But you see lambos and ferraris almost everyday there

people will tell you its lame and a commuter school and all that but its what you make of it. a ton of people live on campus or right across the street. fullerton, cal poly pomona, those are commuter schools. uci not so much. i rarely met anyone that didnt live on campus or near campus and i know they have more housing now than when i was there.

i was there for 5 years and had the time of my life. theres always $#$% going on no matter what people try to tell you. all the bars in newport/costa mesa override any of that "irvine shuts down at 9" bs.

laugh.gif

Get ready to start driving outside the city to other places to enjoy the night life.  Asian girls are top notch there though.
pimp.gif

Academics are great.  I go to UCSD btw.

I'm at UCD, but from what I know about Irvine....It's a commuter school, meaning the kids who commute are very superficial (according to my friend). If you're ugly, don't even bother going there. UCD on the other hand (if you get our blessings) is a college town, with a very college-y vibe. Parties are common and pretty good. Plus we're the only UC really acknowledged for our "day" which is "picnic day" and if you ain't know about that, you best step your knowledge up and go to it (what a coincidence! it's coming up very soon!). It was a deal-maker for me. Walking around drunk with the police right next to you not giving a !%$@ is what it's all about.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I'm at UCD, but from what I know about Irvine....It's a commuter school, meaning the kids who commute are very superficial (according to my friend). If you're ugly, don't even bother going there. UCD on the other hand (if you get our blessings) is a college town, with a very college-y vibe. Parties are common and pretty good. Plus we're the only UC really acknowledged for our "day" which is "picnic day" and if you ain't know about that, you best step your knowledge up and go to it (what a coincidence! it's coming up very soon!). It was a deal-maker for me. Walking around drunk with the police right next to you not giving a !%$@ is what it's all about.
laugh.gif
probably the only day you guys will be able to get away with that.  Davis cops are straight douches.  I got pulled over one time for smoking in the car.  Dude really asked to see my ID to see if I was of age to smoke a cig.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

A day of binge drinking was really your deal-maker? ....

Biggest negatives:

- Valley Girls
- It's deep in the OC
- Valley Girl accents (even guys talk like them)
- Bros every where with their dump trucks blasting crappy bands wearing overly printed hoodys and famous/monster hats

There are no Pros

Back
Top Bottom