UCSD Frat has 'Ghetto-Themed' Party

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by LDJ

Which is my point YOU decided what he said is offensive. If you dont want to feel offended then dont take offense, its just that simple. Like i said it isnt like a gunshot, you cant control whether a bullet to the arm hurts or not, but you can choose whether someone callin you out your name hurts your feelings.

Thats what the off/on switch is for. I dont like jersey shore or +*! ever that lame #$+! show is called. You know how i solve that problem, i CHANGE the channel. You can easily do the same, even without a remote it isnt a tedious task.

You find it offensive then easy again DONT. If you decide to do so then just as easy LEAVE

Words only have the meaning you give them. Proof is why the N word is ok for blacks to say because from a black person, black people choose to give that word a meaning as a term of endearment, whereas when another race says it they CHOOSE to be hurt/offended by them saying it. Its all in how you decide to take something.

At the end of the day no matter how you dance around it, these people offended are upset they arent being so called respected, and held in the same light,accepted by certain white people. NEWS FLASH, no matter how you look at etc they still dont/wont like you simply because you are black. If you dressed talked etc in any fashion/manner or look different then them in any form of facist. They would belittle ridicule and place you at a lower level.

FACE it you can please some people all the time, but you cannot please all people all the time. These getting the thumbs up from these white folks is a sinking ship. You will never ever never ever ever achieve this. I dont care how many degrees you have, how many tight shirts with horseys on them, loafers you own, rock/pop/country music you listen to. You still are a black person, and some are gonna dislike you mock you regardless of what you do how you act etc.

Like i said disrespect/defamation can only be offensive if you believe its true. Or you choose to be offended by it. Its like if a white man gets ppl to believe all black men are deadbeat daddies. Why would i care what he thinks? 1 i know it isnt a fact, 2. how does his words/thoughts/opinions change what i am,what i have achieved, or who i am as a person?

That might sound good in theory but I highly doubt you would allow someone to walk up and call one of your relatives a female dog, and you would just choose "not to be offended by it" and walk away

I don't believe in non violence so this whole "choosing not to be offended" doesn't really relate to the way I handle things. 

As far as gaining acceptance or being liked by racists, I really don't care.  They can think whatever they want, just don't bring that racist crap to me personally.  That's what it's about, they better not say that racist garbage to me out in the street.  As far as the cool White people, I'm cool with them.  They are all good with me.

Actually i would, because whether they said it or acted on it, the fact still remains they would think that person is a bia. Example if a person mumbles im a $#*@, shouts out im a $#*@, or walks with a curious george puppet and says this is a mini me of you.

Ok me getting upset, feelings getting hurt does what exactly? Will it make him change how he feels/think? Will because he says im a monkey, i some how some way be transformed into a monkey? What and how does him saying im a monkey or calling me a $#*@ changes who/what i am? Will it determine how long i live? Will it effect my health status?

So again i ask what do you gain as a person, or how does getting offended, your feelings hurt help or aid you in life? What do you gain from being upset at being called ghetto? How does getting mad and frustrated with someone who thinks you are lesser than he just because you skin tone affect your life? What do you gain?

Again i ask why do you get offended, and get upset frustrated care what a person says or thinks of you? Why does it matter to you? And why do you allow a person words to affect and dictate who you are as a person? Actions are one things, words are another.

For example if a dude says imma punk, he can whoop my +!%%, etc etc, why would i care, its not like him saying he could with one punch break my jaw, will actually break my jaw. Its not like if a guy says i wish you was dead, i would actually just up and die. But if you allow those words to afflict that type of pain to you mentally then its you to blame and you should get upset with yourself not the party who said it.

Like I said above, I am not a non-violent person.  I would get personal satisfaction out of delivering a beat down to a person that disrespects me.  A person doesn't have to inflict any mental pain on me to disrespect me.  I don't even have to be angry at that person, heck, most of the fights I have been in have been because of principle and not because I was angry or upset by the person.  It can just be the principle that this person let some disrespectful words come out of their mouth.

So I would get personal satisfaction out of knowing that this person will probably think twice before letting some disrespectful words come out of their mouth.  Just like the AC transit guy will think twice before going after another old white guy.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's sad that stuff like this takes place, but when some black people are constantly seen acting accordingly (ie; Ghetto chicks start fights and drama, smacking lips, weaves in bad colors, limited vocabulary), then I can't even say much. But college kids doing this? [/color]
smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] I mean, when will they grow up?[/color]
The kids responsible for this have probable never had to deal with any hardships in their life. 
Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying that lack of hardships in life = racism? 

not necessarily. people really should stop throwing the word 'racism' around because it's not productive or effective at all. racism is just a cheap word to throw out when people display their own personal ignorance, insecurities, and general lack of humility.  Does being a spoiled frat kid probably have something to do with their extremely poor perspective and judgment? Probably.

furthermore when a person does display these traits and people start getting defensive and talking about how black people are sensitive and call everything racist, your attention is immediately detracted from the actual situation into an anti-intellectual argument about whether or not the situation is *gasp* RACIST!
laugh.gif

what is racist? IDK what a racist is...but I do know there are still white people who are constantly trying to subjugate and talk down to blacks

grin.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

PIKE is known to be the scum of all frats. Bunch of beefed up undercover skinheads/KKK members...here at UCSB they are notorious for @#$% like this, hell last year two asian kids got their @#$ beat for just being in front of the PIKE house. This summer me and couple of my boys got kicked out one of their parties just for being the only 3 non white people there, we were told that "people like you dont belong here" (didnt realize it was a PIKE party at first since it wasnt at their regular house). Not even a week after that me and the same boys were walking home, and we happen to walk past a group of maybe 10 PIKE dudes. Immediately after we walk past they start screaming "keep walkin you  _____s unless you want to get lynched".  We stood our ground and they didnt do @#$%, but it goes to show how they really are.
WOW.
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
Just wow. See I'm that _ they would hated.
laugh.gif
They would have REALLY hated me once I had finished with them.

PIKE is known to be the scum of all frats. Bunch of beefed upundercover skinheads/KKK members...here at UCSB they are notorious for@#$% like this, hell last year two asian kids got their @#$ beat forjust being in front of the PIKE house. Thissummer me and couple of my boys got kicked out one of their partiesjust for being the only 3 non white people there, we were told that"people like you dont belong here" (didnt realize it was a PIKEparty at first since it wasnt at their regular house). Not even a weekafter that me and the same boys were walking home, and we happen towalk past a group of maybe 10 PIKE dudes. Immediately after we walkpast they start screaming "keep walkin you  _____s unless you want toget lynched".  We stood our ground and they didnt do @#$%, but it goesto show how they really are.
PIKE at UCSB has to be one of the worst fraternities in the US. I have tons of family there and the stories I have been told are sooo bad I have no idea how they still have a house/charter or are even recognized by the school. I heard they beat up an asian kid for walking outside of the house and they got in huge trouble over that, not to mention all the Ectasy parties they were throwing 2 years ago.

^ But yet, the frat is still alive and going.. SMH UCSD is pathetic for allowing things of this nature

VARISOXFAN wrote:I heard they beat up an asian kid for walking outside of the house and they got in huge trouble over that, not to mention all the Ectasy parties they were throwing 2 years ago.
yea then to "prove" they had no connection with the beating they used the one token asian dude from the frat as an example of promoting diversity
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
they didn't even get punished that much, they just cancelled their annual PIKE boxing competition to lay low for a bit

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

PIKE is known to be the scum of all frats. Bunch of beefed upundercover skinheads/KKK members...here at UCSB they are notorious for@#$% like this, hell last year two asian kids got their @#$ beat forjust being in front of the PIKE house. Thissummer me and couple of my boys got kicked out one of their partiesjust for being the only 3 non white people there, we were told that"people like you dont belong here" (didnt realize it was a PIKEparty at first since it wasnt at their regular house). Not even a weekafter that me and the same boys were walking home, and we happen towalk past a group of maybe 10 PIKE dudes. Immediately after we walkpast they start screaming "keep walkin you  _____s unless you want toget lynched".  We stood our ground and they didnt do @#$%, but it goesto show how they really are.
PIKE at UCSB has to be one of the worst fraternities in the US. I have tons of family there and the stories I have been told are sooo bad I have no idea how they still have a house/charter or are even recognized by the school. I heard they beat up an asian kid for walking outside of the house and they got in huge trouble over that, not to mention all the Ectasy parties they were throwing 2 years ago.
Seriously. When I went there from 07-09 there were many instances of blacks/asians getting jumped just for being near their house.

if you are black and not ghetto, then why take offense to this? if black people throw a hick party, i wouldnt take offense to it because i'm not a hick....

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

if you are black and not ghetto, then why take offense to this? if black people throw a hick party, i wouldnt take offense to it because i'm not a hick....
but whats the point of throwing a "hick" party? im black and if i heard of some black fraternity throwing something like that i'd be disgusted. 
nothing good would come out of it but cause controversy and offend people...why do it? what personal satisfaction comes out of throwing a party dressed as an ignorant stereotype of any race? 

this is all we talk about in ethnics class, pretty annoying considering how we ignored the "white trash, eurotrash, oriental" parties before

Originally Posted by s6789

this is all we talk about in ethnics class, pretty annoying considering how we ignored the "white trash, eurotrash, oriental" parties before

You have ethnics class?

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

i can't even get mad at this stuff anymore
laugh.gif
word.

I hate that fact that it has come to this. But, what are you going to do? You can't change the way someone thinks.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

Because it was "in honor" of Black history month.

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Seriously. When I went there from 07-09 there were many instances of blacks/asians getting jumped just for being near their house.

Yea, Those were the years that I was visiting my family out there 2/3 times a year, I have friends in Phi Sig who are solid kids, but all in all, fraternity life in California is nothing at all what fraternity life is like in the rest of the country, I would pretty much go as far as to say at UCSB, its a joke and if you are in one out there, you are probably a joke yourself and it is a poor reflection of certain schools that actually do it right.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Originally Posted by s6789

You have ethnics class?
Yeah, though UCSD has been cutting down on their budgets and is wiping out some of the humanities courses...As if the people here aren't culturally uninformed already.
It'll be interesting to see what will happen to this campus after all the dust has settled. Personally, I think this "ghetto" party will bring people together.
Whoever planned the party has to get sanctioned though..

How many times a year do we hear about these kinds of parties. Pretty obvious thats the only thing they got going for em.

I am a UCSD student. This event is horrible and the people who hosted it are planning another event called Compton Cookout 2. The group says they have parties like this all the time, like poncho parties for Cinco de Mayo and dye your hair orange for St. Patricks day.

Knowing that I go to a school where people are allowed to have these parties is horrible especially since this is a predominately Asian school. Whites, Blacks hispanics are all minorities and the Greek system is almost all white. People at school have been protesting for 2 weeks and it is still going on. Today they are having a meeting to discuss this with the Chancellor but the room got full and now everyone is in an overflow room.

yea like others have said it has gotten to a point where I dont even get offended no more bout stuff like this. its just happens so often that when people want to imitate or portray blacks, instead of goin a respectable route they go the negative way and glorify the wrong things. it may be just for fun and laughter but its still highly disrespectful. #@%# aint gon change so wat the %%@! can we do....

i think paul mooney said it best

everybody wants to be black but nobody wants to be black
he also said the black man is the most imitated man in america

Back
Top Bottom