UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - QUARTERFINALS

laugh.gif
at Chelsea...

Friggin Arsenal pissed me off, it's been the same story for 3 years now...completely dominate the opponent and end up with a draw. Liverpool was playingfor the tie, they had no intentions of winning but Arsenal couldn't get the job done.

Alexander Hleb is a bum, Wenger is practically married to this guy, I dont know why he's on an elite team like Arsenal.

I dont want to jinx Fener, but 2 away goals next week and it's a wrap for Chelsea
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

laugh.gif
at Chelsea...

I guess you can only laugh for so long at the legend killers until they beat your favorite team. The game today should've been 2-0. Deivid handed themtheir one goal on a silver platter. People just don't understand how tough it is for an opponent to play at Fener's stadium.
Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

where can i watch the replays?

my %!+!!** friends didn't want to watch the fener game

These were the highlights from a Turkish news channel. Don't think that the commentating was really that boring.�
laugh.gif
The Turkish commentators during the game were going NUTS.

Deivid's go ahead goal was out of this world. Amazing strike from 35+ meters out.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

laugh.gif
at Chelsea...

I guess you can only laugh for so long at the legend killers until they beat your favorite team. The game today should've been 2-0. Deivid handed them their one goal on a silver platter. People just don't understand how tough it is for an opponent to play at Fener's stadium.
Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

where can i watch the replays?

my %!+!!** friends didn't want to watch the fener game

These were the highlights from a Turkish news channel. Don't think that the commentating was really that boring.�
laugh.gif
The Turkish commentators during the game were going NUTS.

Deivid's go ahead goal was out of this world. Amazing strike from 35+ meters out.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

�Well even we end up playing you guys we wouldn't be playing there so doesn't matter for us...

friggin Arsenal pissed me off, it's been the same story for 3 years now...completely dominate the opponent and end up with a draw. Liverpool was playing for the tie, they had no intentions of winning but Arsenal couldn't get the job done.

Alexander Hleb is a bum, Wenger is practically married to this guy, I dont know why he's on an elite team like Arsenal.
Seriously, Arsenal need something, I've watched too many games the last 2 years where they had the ball right in front of the penalty area formost of the game, and didn't do anything. Portsmouth, Wigan, and this game come to mind this year. Its like they just don't care to make good chancesfor themselves. I think it also has something to do with the fact that sometimes they're just too concerned with "beautiful football" that theyjust keep passing it around and then the defense has made its way back and theres no open holes.

Cosign on Hleb and add Eboue to that too. While Eboue hasn't been on as much as Hleb, hes still out there too much, he needs to be sold for whatever we canget for him. When Hleb scored 2 goals in the first 2 games I felt that he was gonna finally do something this year. He's scored 4 goals at this point, vsReading, Slavia Prague, Fulham, and Sparta Prague, and the Slavia game was the 7-0 game. So he's pretty much worthless.

Now if we had a healthy Rosicky, I think we'd be so much better off. Or if we had Fab scoring like he was at the beginning.

They can't overcome their injuries problems either. They need someone up front like a v. Persie or Eduardo to create for others or themselves. We saw ittoday, Adebayor just isn't good with the ball at his feet and he was getting little to no service from the wings. Sagna has been great coming forward onthe right and he's out. They would be a lot better with some quality, experienced depth because it's gonna be even worse when they have to rely onEboue, Bendtner, and Diaby down the stretch. I'd say on top of some added depth a solid winger and maybe another striker would do them some good, but thenagain it seems like those are the positions everyone is looking to fill and Wenger simply will not splash the cash during the transfer window. Anyways, not anArsenal supporter, just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

friggin Arsenal pissed me off, it's been the same story for 3 years now...completely dominate the opponent and end up with a draw. Liverpool was playing for the tie, they had no intentions of winning but Arsenal couldn't get the job done.

Seriously, Arsenal need something, I've watched too many games the last 2 years where they had the ball right in front of the penalty area for most of the game, and didn't do anything. Portsmouth, Wigan, and this game come to mind this year. Its like they just don't care to make good chances for themselves. I think it also has something to do with the fact that sometimes they're just too concerned with "beautiful football" that they just keep passing it around and then the defense has made its way back and theres no open holes.

Cosign on Hleb and add Eboue to that too. While Eboue hasn't been on as much as Hleb, hes still out there too much, he needs to be sold for whatever we can get for him. When Hleb scored 2 goals in the first 2 games I felt that he was gonna finally do something this year. He's scored 4 goals at this point, vs Reading, Slavia Prague, Fulham, and Sparta Prague, and the Slavia game was the 7-0 game. So he's pretty much worthless.

Now if we had a healthy Rosicky, I think we'd be so much better off. Or if we had Fab scoring like he was at the beginning.

Co-friggin-sign on Eboue. This guy is trash, he fools around with the ball way too much. I also hate his ultra-aggressive style of play, he's a redcard risk every time he goes for a tackle. He isn't much better when he plays for the Ivory Coast. Dude is a very good athlete but he's useless withthe ball.

Hleb has been pissing me off since we got him 3 seasons ago. He plays like he's on an island all by himself, he doesn't gel very well with the restof the team and he is usually out of position, misplays the balls, just too many mistakes overall.

I also agree about Adebeyor needing more support. He was playing too deep into midfield today, he's more of a target man, in-the-box striker, he'snot effective when he's trying to create offense by receiving passes on the wings.

I said at the beginning of the season the team needed some more depth upfront (I didnt know Adebeyor would be this good), but other than Adebeyor no oneelse on the team can score goals for us. If I'm Wenger I'd try to offload Robin v. Persie this summer, he's like Louis Saha...very very talentedbut cant stay healthy at all

I totally agree we need to spend some money. Sure its awesome knowing we're doing this with a team of players that cost next to nothing, but sometimes itdoesn't hurt to go out and spend some money to secure some good talent. Especially when you're one of the top teams in the world. I'd feel muchbetter about our chances to grab a trophy this season if we had some more depth/an extra key player or 2. Instead if we grab a trophy I'll be shocked ashell. I think we can, but its just too much to put on the shoulders of so few guys. Van Persie would be one of the best strikers in England right now if hedidn't get himself hurt doing nothing.

Originally Posted by krayziegunts

I rpomised all of yall that Fenerbache will beat Chelsea and no one believed me. They are going to the finals this year, trust me

roll.gif
Y'all are wylin' out. That away goal is enough to seeChelsea through. C'mon now, I'd be pretty shocked if Fener could score a goal at the Bridge OR keep a clean sheet. I'd look for a 3-0 result in the return leg.

STEVEN GERRARD!! Lol Go Liverpool, and to be honest we cant stop arsenals attack...
oh well hopefully we can get the win next time.

I want to crawl into a hole and die right now. But it's okay, Chelsea plays 8 million times better at the Bridge. Thank God we got an away goal.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I want to crawl into a hole and die right now. But it's okay, Chelsea plays 8 million times better at the Bridge. Thank God we got an away goal.
ohwell.gif

Word, shouldn't be difficult at home but can you honestly tell with Chelsea this year?
ohwell.gif
....Barnsley?
tired.gif

Barca looked hella shaky too me, hopefully little Bojan still has something in the tank for Camp Nou, also glad we got Rafa on the back line again, Thuramis just too old, and Abidal is too damn lazy, not too mention dude spends more time on the offensive side of the pitch with his horrible left footed crosses
laugh.gif
, I don't know what we would do without Puyol, they should put himat keeper and get rid of Valdes
laugh.gif

People said the same exact thing when Fener made the trip to Sevilla for the second leg.

If it wasn't for the own goal, I'd say that we're through for sure.� But, only being up one goal, while giving them a goal on the road, worriesme.� By the way, Stamford Bridge is a joke compared to the things that Fener players put up with when they play at Galatasaray's stadium.� I think if theykeep their focus, they can get it done.

There are other vids, but I think you guys get the picture.�
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lootpac

Seriously, Arsenal need something, I've watched too many games the last 2 years where they had the ball right in front of the penalty area for most of the game, and didn't do anything. Portsmouth, Wigan, and this game come to mind this year. Its like they just don't care to make good chances for themselves. I think it also has something to do with the fact that sometimes they're just too concerned with "beautiful football" that they just keep passing it around and then the defense has made its way back and theres no open holes.

Cosign on Hleb and add Eboue to that too. While Eboue hasn't been on as much as Hleb, hes still out there too much, he needs to be sold for whatever we can get for him. When Hleb scored 2 goals in the first 2 games I felt that he was gonna finally do something this year. He's scored 4 goals at this point, vs Reading, Slavia Prague, Fulham, and Sparta Prague, and the Slavia game was the 7-0 game. So he's pretty much worthless.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I agree with what I said about eboue, but Hleb is
pimp.gif
, he is just out ofform currently.

Chelsea's fault...
they thought Fenerbahce was gonna lie down and let the Blues run all over them...
maybe Chelsea defenders Alex and Belletti should remind the rest of their team of that person who's in-charge of Fenerbahce...

still,i feel Chelsea's gonna do just enough in the 2nd leg to get through to the semis...

If I see that crackhead Eboue on the right wing tomorrow instead of Theo, I'm going to turn the TV off. So sick of Wenger sticking with this clown. Whydidn't we spend some money on Babel when he was available this summer? We got right backs playing wings (eboue) and central-mids playing on the wings(hleb, diaby, rosicky - to an extent). I hope that the boss finally see this and buys some natural wide players. watching hleb try and dribble around the boxis excruciating.

Cech needs to be on some Bubble Boy stuff.
smh.gif
He's definitely one of the best keepers in the game, but he is hella fragile.

Originally Posted by Gunner ThirtyTwo

If I see that crackhead Eboue on the right wing tomorrow instead of Theo, I'm going to turn the TV off. So sick of Wenger sticking with this clown. Why didn't we spend some money on Babel when he was available this summer? We got right backs playing wings (eboue) and central-mids playing on the wings (hleb, diaby, rosicky - to an extent). I hope that the boss finally see this and buys some natural wide players. watching hleb try and dribble around the box is excruciating.

pimp.gif
That makes 3 of us that dislike Hleb and Eboue.
2 huge matches this afternoon, hopefully they show the Arsenal game.

And I just read on Soccernet that Barcelona will try to sell Thierry Henry this summer. I lost all respect for him last season when he kept on criticizing theteam while he was out injured for 70% of the season
grin.gif
I hope Chelseamakes a run at him, Shevchenko+Henry would make one of the most incompetent strike forces on the planet.
pimp.gif

I dunno...for most of the year Hleb has been great. Recently, like most of the team, he just seems worn out. All goes back to us not having enough depth.

Back
Top Bottom