Ultimate basketball shoe? -idea-

Ok NT Community i took a serious though to this and would like to hear any basketball shoe ideas you have aswell, What if Nike made a shoe which included all there key Technologies in there basketball line. it would include a Hyperfuse and flywire upper, 7mm zoom forefoot bag, Air Shox technology in the heel and a key herringbone pattern sole. Would you guys personally be willing to dish out the hundreds of dollars for the shoe ? Do you think this is a good idea? Comments appreciated.

Originally Posted by Legend108

Ok NT Community i took a serious though to this and would like to hear any basketball shoe ideas you have aswell, What if Nike made a shoe which included all there key Technologies in there basketball line. it would include a Hyperfuse and flywire upper, 7mm zoom forefoot bag, Air Shox technology in the heel and a key herringbone pattern sole. Would you guys personally be willing to dish out the hundreds of dollars for the shoe ? Do you think this is a good idea? Comments appreciated.

What you just typed... is a gimmick. Using all those elements would beat the purpose of each tech.... Flywire >< Fuse... Shox >< Heel zoom.... etc....

The ultimate basketball shoe has already been made if you ask me... 

kobe_bryant_shoes_nike_2k4_bg.jpg

Nike-Kobe-Huarache-2K4-black-white-metallic-silver-shoes-1_1.jpg

My personal choice:

f_4080378_1.JPG

Air Max Fly-By-U Uptempo
extremely flexible
extremely breathable full mesh sleeve under the overlays
support from tpu inserts, felt like a glove (even with weak ankles I never twisted or sprained them in these)
Max Air Heel
Zoom Air Forefoot

Harringbone grip could've been better (came out around the time of the 14 which have some of the best grip ever)
Arch plate was worthless though

I guess if you could roll the 2K4 and BB1's into a single sneaker it'd be the ultimate sneaker but that isn't necessary.   Both of those sneakers are perfect on their own IMO.

the starburys!! and then the protege' joints..lol

anyone else ever wonder how much money marbury made off his 15 dollar shoe....a gang of old heads and pre-teenies play ball in em..

Originally Posted by ehh

I guess if you could roll the 2K4 and BB1's into a single sneaker it'd be the ultimate sneaker but that isn't necessary.   Both of those sneakers are perfect on their own IMO.
Great shoe
No offense OP but you put serious thought into that? Smash a bunch of technologies together? how long did it take you to think of that?

For a guard all we need (speaking mostly for myself) is a lighter weight shoe, low to the ground, and full length zoom airbag, herringbone would be appreciated and I like REAL carbon fiber shanks.  I personally don't care if its high top or low top.  But breathablilty is near the end of my list since my feet don't sweat too too much.  Flywire and hyperfuse are both gimmicky to me.  But i do like the way flywire looks aesthetically at least.

Jking... I had to chuckle at that too. Nike already meshes stuff together, so thats not too much of a stretch... but if you used too many techs... you create an adverse effect and use of the tech in the first place...

The same way NWT feels about the 2K4 I feel about the BB1....

I think those are two pairs of shoes built to literally wrap around the players foot and feel like a natural extension of the player. Take THOSE two shoes and "build" on them with Fuse like the BB1.5

Im still not a believer in what they say Flywire does and the look is getting old.. but show me something good with a new version of the 2k4

Agree Rock. That flywire never made sense to me... If anything, suede or tumbled leather would serve more of a purpose. I want my shoes to take a beating... Not "bend" or rip easily.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by Legend108

What you just typed... is a gimmick. Using all those elements would beat the purpose of each tech.... Flywire >< Fuse... Shox >< Heel zoom.... etc....

The ultimate basketball shoe has already been made if you ask me...�

kobe_bryant_shoes_nike_2k4_bg.jpg

Nike-Kobe-Huarache-2K4-black-white-metallic-silver-shoes-1_1.jpg

This...

if the huaraches had full-length zoom they would be the best shoe ever. it is only because of the nickel sized forefoot zoom that I like the BB1 better than the 2k4

I know the last Huaraches that released that Amare wore all season had an almost squishy forefoot feel. I liked it... just not to ball in. I see why he liked it though because he's a tall dude so it probably gave ultimate comfort for his feet without much foot fatigue at all.

BB1 were some of my favorite shoes to play in. I remember I got an extra pair from my friend for free; he actually had taken a saw and cut out the front two columns just to see how they felt and they still felt pretty good
laugh.gif
LOVED the way the zoom in the forefoot was tuned on these.

I do prefer the 2K4 over the BB1 though because they were lighter and less restrictive but still had good ankle support. I've never had another pair of shoes that just felt so natural on my feet where I could just lace em up and forget they were even there. I still use the OG navy/white/red suede to ball in sometimes even though they're beat to hell.

QFFT on the 2k4s. My favorite shoe of all time, copping multiple pairs when they drop next year to last for balling for the rest of my life

Lebron 2 and PS 7 were my favorite balling sneakers ever. The comfort and feel of those shoes 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Not to mention how long they lost.
I never liked the Huarache series, just didnt feel comfy to me. I really like the 2011 Hyperfuse, which im using right now. None match the Bron 2 and PS 7 yet though.

As a guard, I prefer a lower cut but the Huarche 2k4s were the go to shoe for almost all ballers at one point.
Many may agree with me when I say the ZK4s are the perfect basketball sneaker, if I could get a pair of those every 2 weeks, I would be set.
But this only applies for the 1-3s, Every position has different needs and there can't be a ultimate basketball sneaker for all the positions.

Not the lightest shoe, but overall comfort, cushioning, and support is the best I have ever had.  Plus, there were built to last.

If nike could make the 2k5's lighter and less bulky, that would be a hell of a basketball shoe
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom