Ultra compact HD camcorders

Discussion in 'General' started by tripholla, Dec 27, 2009.

1. tripholla

tripholla

I currently have a canon 780is and use it's HD recording feature to record random clips, but the quality is not as good as I would like it to be. I waslooking at a couple of these ultra compact HD camcorders, such as the Samsung HMX-U10, Flip UltraHD, and Kodak Zi8, and was contemplating purchasing one formyself. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

2. illionaire

illionaire

Flipcam.

3. thunderchunk69

thunderchunk69

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=10263

got that one for $55 shipped,
    sound sucks and its horrible in low light but I'm not going to use it for anything too serious [​IMG]

also, have a question about the flipcam fellow bro-skis

can you hang it from your neck inconspicuously with a lanyard while recording? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. yo getoffmykickz

yo getoffmykickz

hi im looking into buying and HD camcorder as well.. however im looking for something of better quality then those "compact flip cameras" forrecording and cherrishing home videos and what not.. any body got any suggestions?? budget of about $600 any help greatly appreciated. thanks..

5. datznasty

datznasty

Get the Sony Webbie or the Flip HD, both run about 130$ but the Sony Webbie has a lens that rotates 180 degrees, they say the sound on it isn't too greatthough.

[​IMG]

6. purplehazen

purplehazen

i was looking at that sony flip hd, but i saw it only had 5 megpixels, now adays 5 megepix isnt really much.. i been seeing cam's with 12.1.. and everybodyknows the best hd is 1080p.. to get a good one you gonna have to drop at least 300... probably comes with a good microphone also for sound, sounds is just asimportant. the new ones come with face detection

7. kdawg

kdawg Administrator Staff Member

My wife has a Zi8 - and I'm actually surprised by the quality. We use it just for taking movies of the kids and sending them to her parents mostly andit's fine for that.

Kind of the equivalent of a point and shoot camera - easy to use and adequate quality. Ain't gonna win any Oscars though.

8. king beef

king beef Banned

I need a new camera. But I would rather have a nice still one.