Ultra Music Festival 2013

Just bought my ticket for the first weekend (March 15-17) of Ultra Music Festival 2013. Does anyone have any good ProTips for these things? This will be my friends and I first time at a 3 day festival. I'm definitely bringing a camelbak. How strict is their searching protocols for illegal substances? Any recommendated hotels? Any good afterpartys and clubs/pool parties I should know about? I'm waiting for friends (procrastinators) to buy their tickets. How long does it take for these festivals to sell out? I'm trying to set a deadline for them. Thanks NT.  I hate/love you all.  (ps New account, Old Lurker)

my supervisor went last year look into local hostels or share rooms with alot of people cause you prob wont spend much time in the room. And im pretty sure everyone will be on something so i wouldn't worry about that

It gets sold out pretty quickly from what Ive seen. You can easily sneak in pills and stuff but dont try to sell em or thats your ***! Undercover cops posing as concert goers. There was a lot of arrests last year. Bring water, its expensive in there. and most of the artists performing arent allowed to play at after parties as part of the contract agreement. They want people to buy tickets instead of just going to the afterparties.

dont sell, so dont take extra... even to hot chicks...
I heard last year there was this one under cover who was :smokin:smokin straight catching dudes....

@miamiboy
from what i know, you cant bring water, cause they want you to buy theirs. make sure you keep hydrated if you roll and like guy said above, dont sell. i know a kid that got busted at edclv cause he tried to sell. just have a good time, hustle back home where you're familiar. best spot to hide em is in your sucks under your sole. crotch works too if you plan to only take 1-2. again, do not sell, and you should book hotel ahead of time. make sure you rent a car, taking a cab or venue transportation is a nono. have fun papi, grind on some h0s

Im going with my friends, i read that you gotta pay 5 bucks for water doe. We still are looking for afterparties.

Last edited:
Jealous. I'm gonna try for next year, though.

And here's my old list of things to do/not to do at a rave:
PLEASE check http://www.pillreports.com/ and find your region and look for the pills. You don't want to end up with a piperazine or some other bad pill.

Like other people have said, don't drink alcohol. It just messes up the experience to me, and it's dangerous.

Stay hydrated. A lot of people stay on the "don't drink too much water thing," but it's pretty tough to do that. I usually try to drink a bottle of water about every hour I'm there.

If you smoke cigarettes, grab at least two packs. People are gonna ask you for one and you're gonna be rollin', so you're gonna give it to them.
laugh.gif
Menthols are the best (I smoke Camel Crush).

Ask for a lightshow

Meet as many new people as you can. And be friendly. Don't just stare, talk to people. Let them know it's your first rave, and generally people will take care of you.

If you think a chick is too young to dance with, she probably is.

BRING A PACK OF MINT GUM.
Im going with my friends, i read that you gotta pay 5 bucks for water doe. We still are looking for afterparties.
They just announced that they're gonna have free water
pimp.gif

STAY HYDRATED! It's gonna be super hot in Miami and dehydration is pretty much the only really bad thing that can happen to you with clean pills.

Last edited:
stay hydrated means 1-2 water bottles and you should be good.

I wouldn't recommend this but at the same time I did this :lol:

I kept asking the bartender for cups of ice (usually 2 at a time) and that's what i chewed on throughout the night. the ice felt amazing, and it served it's purpose but.... a little damage was done to my cheeks. nothing too crazy

some security goes really hard on the searches but most are just temp hires with no real loyalty to the programs and sort of half *** it.

like everyone else said there are alot of under cover officers trying to bust kids so be careful.

i'm a little jealous b/c ultra brings artists that edc will never have. particularly crystal castles who i really wanna see live especially while :rofl:

have fun, i'll be at edc in vegas. :smokin

Last edited:
I went to edc las vegas all 3 days last year.
First day will be epic. Second day your gonna be kinda tired. Third day will be hell lol
Make sure to wear Sun screen, drink lots of water, enjoy

like everyone else said there are alot of under cover officers trying to bust kids so be careful.

i'm a little jealous b/c ultra brings artists that edc will never have. particularly crystal castles who i really wanna see live especially while
roll.gif

I've seen CC twice (or three times) and Alice was WASTED both times. Like, falling down with a bottle of Jack on stage, wasted. The first time she was just screaming **** into the mic, it was pretty awful.

That lineup is ridiculous, it's like a "Who's Who".

EDC needs to bring it after last years weather fiasco. EDC 2012 was a disaapointment compared to 2011.

Free water means waiting on long *** lines in the heat, missing the music.

I rather just buy a water and drink it sparingly. Every show/festival I've been to, I swear I don't find the need to drink as much as people say to. Even when I'm rolling.

I know a ******** of people going down to Ultra this year, I'm not though. I much rather be in Miami those weekends for the pool parties/clubs post-Ultra. Straight up. For some reason, UMF itself just doesn't interest me as much as the next guy. I'm more jealous of missing out on the Miami weather. I'll have EDCNY and EZoo later this year to make up for it.

Last edited:
Free water means waiting on long *** lines in the heat, missing the music.

I rather just buy a water and drink it sparingly. Every show/festival I've been to, I swear I don't find the need to drink as much as people say to. Even when I'm rolling.

I know a ******** of people going down to Ultra this year, I'm not though. I much rather be in Miami those weekends for the pool parties/clubs post-Ultra. Straight up. For some reason, UMF itself just doesn't interest me as much as the next guy. I'm more jealous of missing out on the Miami weather. I'll have EDCNY and EZoo later this year to make up for it.
No, you need to drink a lot of water. Like, it is a medical necessity. When you roll your body temperature rises. Glad you lucked out, but be careful.

Lines gonna be hella long at concessions anyways, might as well be free. EDC had a pretty good water system, I think. They had a bunch of volunteers lined up at water stations.

Back
Top Bottom