UN to revoke Israel's membership?

Interesting remarks from UN Secretary-General Ban-Ki Moon suggesting Israel's "conditional admission"-based UN membership might be under review.

Because Israel is in violation of its terms of admission, it is not a member in good standing, so the UN has every right to declare General Assembly Resolution 273 null and void. Since Israel's membership depends on adherence to that resolution, its expulsion is automatic.

UNSecGenIsraelRemarks
Publish at Scribd or explore others: School WorkNon-fiction world conspiracy

nerd.gif
... revelations?

Originally Posted by sssneakgeek

i could care less about this sorry man

let's put it this way... US Senators have threatened to catalyze the COMPLETE CESSATION OF UNITED STATES FUNDING TO THE UNITED NATIONS if the UNdoesn't take these comments off its site and blackout its proliferation (which it did).

This document was retrieved from an insider at the UN.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Originally Posted by sssneakgeek

i could care less about this sorry man

let's put it this way... US Senators have threatened to catalyze the COMPLETE CESSATION OF UNITED STATES FUNDING TO THE UNITED NATIONS if the UN doesn't take these comments off its site and blackout its proliferation (which it did).

This document was retrieved from an insider at the UN.

eek.gif

Hopefully this will get media attention. I applaud the Secretary General's statement, and I hope he goes through with this publicly. In a situation farworse that apartheid in South Africa, the public must know about the atrocities happening in the Palestinian territories.

But yeah, that is the sad thing about the UN. If the US rejects any major propositions, they simply do not abide and boycott. Nevertheless, the UN is a goodmodel for worldwide governance and accountability. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

US Senators have threatened to catalyze the COMPLETE CESSATION OF UNITED STATES FUNDING TO THE UNITED NATIONS if the UN doesn't take these comments off its site and blackout its proliferation (which it did).
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

US Senators have threatened to catalyze the COMPLETE CESSATION OF UNITED STATES FUNDING TO THE UNITED NATIONS if the UN doesn't take these comments off its site and blackout its proliferation (which it did).
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ "Israel"

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

tired.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ "Israel"
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ US' blind allegiance to Isreal
ohwell.gif

ThunderChunk69 wrote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

ThunderChunk69 wrote:
Dey Know Yayo wrote:
tired.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ "Israel"

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ US' blind allegiance to Isreal
ohwell.gif

QFT. We allow Israel to get away with things no other nation is allowed to get away with.. Someone needs to really put them in their place (not in a war kindof way.)

Obama's meeting with Netanyahu is a huge deal because the deal for a sensible two state solution is on the table. All we need is Netanyahu to get on boardbut he is one of the most stubborn leaders in the world. King Abdullah of Jordan was talking about this meeting and the 2 state solution and something alongthe line of "my dealing with Netanyahu is one of the most unpleasant things I've ever experience."

edit: Just heard about this...
Don't surprise me with strike on Iran, Obama warns Netanyahu

Secret envoy brings stern message on eve of Washington meetings

By Donald Macintyre in Jerusalem

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu flies to the US for talks with President Obama next week, having already been warnednot to "surprise" Washington with an Israeli military operation against Iran, according to the liberal daily Haaretz.

On the eve of talks which are seen as crucial to defining the future of the Middle East peace process, the US President wasreported to have dispatched an unnamed envoy to warn the Israeli leader of US concern that Israel could act unilaterally against Iran.

The message was said to have been conveyed to Mr Netanyahu after an earlier meeting in Washington at which an envoyrepresenting the Israeli Prime Minister had discussed the US President's initiative to open dialogue with Tehran. That meeting was reportedly held with theUS Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, and the President's national security adviser, James Jones.

Kudos to the UN for bringing this issue to the forefront, but like someone mentioned, the US will back Israel through anything, and it's a shame that theUS, along with the few other big countries, have so much control over UN resolutions.

Back
Top Bottom