Uncertain About What I Am

I can relate pepperjack...as you grow your taste will change...

For now if you feel like it...start slowly adding different pieces of clothing....dont force it...and be the best self you can be

An adult is a person who handles their responsibilities and has more time to do so due to not wasting it thinking about what message their collar or lack thereof sends. If your job has a dress code, adhere to it. Other than that, it's your time...decorate yourself as you choose.

Wearing the costume of an "adult" doesn't make you one any more than a lab coat makes you a scientist. I'm 25 and mostly wear comic books and football clothes because I like superheroes and the Cowboys...the most mature thing about me is that I don't give a **** what people think of it. That's being an adult.

It might help that I don't work in an office environment but my closet is 90% t shirts, jeans, sweats and basketball shoes. Getting dressed for work = putting on steel toes. I guess it all depends on your environment.

But there is no adult to child comparison when talking clothes outside of your place of business.

You, my friend are in your 20's. Not a kid anymore, not quite an adult. In my opinion there is no such thing as a quarter life crisis if you are between 20-30. The one thing you cannot control in life is time, and with that the experiences that come with time. No amount of advice, no article of clothing, or really anything other than experience is going to help you define who you are.

An adult is a person who handles their responsibilities and has more time to do so due to not wasting it thinking about what message their collar or lack thereof sends. If your job has a dress code, adhere to it. Other than that, it's your time...decorate yourself as you choose.

Wearing the costume of an "adult" doesn't make you one any more than a lab coat makes you a scientist. I'm 25 and mostly wear comic books and football clothes because I like superheroes and the Cowboys...the most mature thing about me is that I don't give a **** what people think of it. That's being an adult.

And that's all there is to it.

The thread title x OPs story reads like the intro. to one of those awkward 70s educational videos that adolescents and teenagers were forced to watch in Health Class...:lol:

"Today, Johnny woke up feeling different. He wasn't quite his normal self. This is because, today, Johnny started on his quest toward adulthood--a journey that is equal parts excitement and confusion..."

:lol:

Last edited:
hip hop shirt
roll.gif
that's gotta be a joke from kanye on some "will they really buy ANYTHING?" ****

Here's my take on it:

As you grow up, you don't need to completely switch up your entire wardrobe. To me that's unnecessary.

I think its more so, the diversity in your closet, that you need.

As I get older, I am invited to more formal events. I like to go to places where people look presentable, and of course, the selection of button ups, cardigans, .... expands in my closet.

Of course, there are days when you feel out of it, when you feel hot, or when you're just out and about, hanging out at friends house, grabbing groceries....you don't need slacks and button ups. I still stick to the basics, of shorts, plain colored Ts, and a pair of runners or flip flop

One thing I do grow out of, is graphic Ts. But that's mostly because urban Ts cost $30+, while my assorted colored Ts cost half that, or $7 a pop.

Like most people have said in this thread, its about handling your responsibilities that qualify you as an adult, not the costume that you wear. But naturally, you'll feel more inclined to dress "your age" because of the crowd around you. Do it cuz you like the look, not cuz your preppy best friend decides to "get his grown man steeze on"

Here's my take on it:

As you grow up, you don't need to completely switch up your entire wardrobe. To me that's unnecessary.

I think its more so, the diversity in your closet, that you need.

As I get older, I am invited to more formal events. I like to go to places where people look presentable, and of course, the selection of button ups, cardigans, .... expands in my closet.

Of course, there are days when you feel out of it, when you feel hot, or when you're just out and about, hanging out at friends house, grabbing groceries....you don't need slacks and button ups. I still stick to the basics, of shorts, plain colored Ts, and a pair of runners or flip flop

One thing I do grow out of, is graphic Ts. But that's mostly because urban Ts cost $30+, while my assorted colored Ts cost half that, or $7 a pop.

Like most people have said in this thread, its about handling your responsibilities that qualify you as an adult, not the costume that you wear. But naturally, you'll feel more inclined to dress "your age" because of the crowd around you. Do it cuz you like the look, not cuz your preppy best friend decides to "get his grown man steeze on"

don't over think stuff like that... just buy what you want & feel most comfortable wearing. i still wear hoodies & sweats / bball shorts & tees on a regular basis, no dambs given :lol: ill throw on jeans, sweaters, cargo shorts, polos, etc just to mix things up, but im just looking to dress comfortably. just get what you think suits you the best.

Back
Top Bottom