UNDENIABLE Hip Hop Classic Albums (NO skips)/Albums considered Classic that aren't

By "undeniable" I mean there is NO SKIPPING tracks (skits/intros that aren't songs don't count). 
ATCQ - Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders: they had the best 1,2,3 in hip hop history including their first album

Nas - Illmatic, IWW: you already know

Wu - 36 Chambers: RZA is f*cking insane, everyone came correct

GZA - Liquid Swords: the best Wu solo joint, dude is truly a Genius

Rae - OB4CL: do I need to say anything? it might as well have been Ghost's album though, Rae is borderline Masta Killa/U-God status

Ghostface - Supreme Clientele: find myself listening to this more than Ironman

Canibus - Rip The Jacker: Bis' career as a whole has been disappointing but this album was too nice, was weirded out when I first heard it though

Lord Finesse - The Awakening: underrated as hell, dope intro skits by other rappers, sick production, verses, & features. sucks it was his last album

Show & AG - Runaway Slave, Goodfellas: The whole DITC crew captured the whole 90's NY sound so perfectly, too much dope sh*t from them

Big L - Lifestylez: The best battle rapper, can't think of any other that can actually MAKE songs (Canibus struggled with this until RTJ)

AZ - Doe or Die, AWOL: Only rapper to have a classic in the 90's & 00's

Biggie - Ready To Die: even though he's not in my top 15 this album has no skipworthy tracks

Mobb Deep - Infamous: don't even need to say sh*t

BTNH -  E 1999 Eternal: sick sick sick album, GOAT rapper/singers

Rakim - Paid In Full: Respect DA GAWD, sidenote f*ck that reGAYton beaner for trying to steal his name, glad he lost the case (I'm Hispanic but I hate that genre with a passion)

Kanye West - Late Registration: Don't skip a single track on this, although radio nearly killed "Gold Digger"

Albums regarded as classic that aren't:

Stillmatic - any album with "Braveheart Party" on it is automatically disqualified, the worst Mary J. hip hop collabo ever

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint - "Ain't No N*gga" & "Jigga That N*gga" are straight doo-doo status. Disgusting.

Marshall Mathers LP - Em's best album, but songs like "Kill You" & "Under the Influence" are whack. Album itself didn't age well just like SSLP

Great Adventures of Slick Rick - few weak cuts hold it back, album is trash near the end save for "Hey Young World", could say about the same for Long Live the Kane & By All Means Necessary

Life After Death - songs like "Another", "Playa Hater", &  "Nasty Boy" are just jiggy-era *******t, lots of classic tracks though

Ironman - call me crazy but I always hated Daytona 500

The Fix - I love Scarface, this album was so close but no cigar

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Can't believe the praise this album gets, it's a cool album but putting it in your top 10? 
indifferent.gif

College Dropout, MBDTF: came close, "Workout Plan" is the worst Ye song pre-Graduation. Everyone was itching for a new "classic" so they rolled with MBDTF, which is probably his 3rd best

Food & Liquor: Used to consider it a classic but it's missing something, 4.5 at best

Be: Production was stellar but classic? Nah

The Documentary: ^^^

any Outkast album - Most overrated duo ever, also most overrated rapper ever with Andre 3000. The South is just grasping to have that "lyricist" so they run with 3000 as their man. They tried the same sh*t with Lil Wayne when he jacked Dipset's style in the mid 2000's
roll.gif
 Disgraceful sh*t.

List yours & remember it's all opinion. 
pimp.gif

-Undeniable-
Ready To Die
Be
Fishscale

-Albums You Could Make a Case for as Classic-
Stillmatic
Blueprint
Late Registration
The Documentary
Aziatic

You're spot on about MBDTF, Lauryn Hill, and partially about 3K.

^ Jigga That _ gets skipped every time.

This dude just said 3000 is the most overrated rapper ever. You serious???

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I mean, its a Club song though...
laugh.gif

I was about to come bash you about "Braveheart Party", but did my research and realized he took it off his later version of the album. Nas must of known that song was garbage 
laugh.gif
; do not want to even listen to it and curse my pov of Stillmatic.

Rae borderline MK/U-God status? FOH.

Undeniable classics:

OB4CL
36 Chambers
Liquid Swords
Ready to Die
Illmatic
Midnight Marauders
Reasonable Doubt
Just Tryin Ta Live
Ridin Dirty
Doggystyle
The Chronic
The Chronic 2001
MMLP
SSLP
Late Registration
All Eyez On Me
Me Against the World
Supreme Clientele
SouthernplayalisticcadillacfunkymuzikStankoniaATliensAqueminiExodus
Arguable Classics:
Eminem Show
Wu-Tang Forever
Dirty Money
TM 101
Documentary
I Got That Work
Let the Truth Be Told
OB4CL2
BlueprintDistant RelativesWelcome to Jamrock

Dead @ss serious. Dudes think he's a main eventer but he's a midcarder. He's Road Dogg status, Big Boi is Billy Gunn. Good tag team but not solo. I can't think of a rapper more overrated than him besides Jay-Z/Eminem but that's ONLY because they're considered the GOAT, when really they're not. Both are top 15 though. 3K isn't even top 20. We can break it down further:
Tier 0

Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Rakim, Kane, GZA, KRS, Lupe, Pun, Mos Def, Canibus

Tier 1

Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Ghostface, Slick Rick, Scarface, AZ, Lord Finesse, Kool G Rap

Tier 2

Kanye, Raekwon, Andre 3000, DMX, LL Cool J, Beanie Sigel, 50, Cam

Tier 3

Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Twista, Mystikal, Nelly, Jeezy, Ross, Young Buck, Ja Rule

Tier 4

E-40, Silkk The Shocker, Lil B, Gucci Mane, Lil Boosie, Soulja Boi, Plies, Mac Dre, Mexican rappers

JordanFan04 wrote:

Nah hear me out. GZA, Ghost, Deck, & Meth are better than Raekwon. You can't count RZA since he's a producer first, rapper second. So really, Rae is better than ODB, MK, & U-God. So he's borderline.

Millzhouse719 wrote:
I was about to come bash you about "Braveheart Party", but did my research and realized he took it off his later version of the album. Nas must of known that song was garbage 
laugh.gif
Unfortunately, it still happened, I bought that version. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
 You're a lucky one, don't ever listen to it. It's worse than his Ginuwine collabo

Appreciate the list OP

I hate most of the songs on Late Registration and I am a Kanye fan.  I think it was his worst album ever.
I also like Kill You on MMLP.  I can't listen to kim too much though lol for obvious reasons.

Id throw in:
Flesh of my Flesh - love this album
Me against the world - I am a big pac fan though prob bias here
Food and Liquor - kick push 2 is listenable to me...but not amazing but the rest of the album is lol.

Pardon my defense. Rae is just my personal favorite out of the clan. CRAZY vivid story telling. And OB4CL just so happens to be my favorite hip hop album of all time.

Dude you are buggin'. "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" Is probably my favorite album, besides "Off The Wall" by Michael.

OP is spot on about Andre 3000. The guy is constantly slurped on here. The cat can spit no doubt, but this top 5/10 status is laughable.

Originally Posted by heelish

Dead @ss serious. Dudes think he's a main eventer but he's a midcarder. He's Road Dogg status, Big Boi is Billy Gunn. Good tag team but not solo. I can't think of a rapper more overrated than him besides Jay-Z/Eminem but that's ONLY because they're considered the GOAT, when really they're not. Both are top 15 though. 3K isn't even top 20. We can break it down further:
Tier 0

Tier 1

Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Ghostface, Slick Rick, Scarface, AZ, Lord Finesse, Kool G Rap

Tier 2

Tier 3

Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Twista, Mystikal, Nelly, Jeezy, Ross, Young Buck, Ja Rule

Tier 4

E-40, Silkk The Shocker, Lil B, Gucci Mane, Lil Boosie, Soulja Boi, Plies, Mac Dre, Mexican rappers

JordanFan04 wrote:

Nah hear me out. GZA, Ghost, Deck, & Meth are better than Raekwon. You can't count RZA since he's a producer first, rapper second. So really, Rae is better than ODB, MK, & U-God. So he's borderline.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I dig your wrestling metaphors cause you're pretty right about those comparisons. GFK is my favorite rapper, so I hold him in high regard anyway.

Big Boi and Raekwon are two personal faves of mine, and I'd rate Rae higher just cause, well, he dropped OB4CL 1 & 2, and Shaolin vs WT, probably

the best album of 2011, but that's for another day. Would still put Rae way above MK & U-God cause MK has some hidden gems, but nothing close 

to classic. And U-God, well, he's U-God, I'd rather listen to Cappadonna than him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, and that's not a slight to Cap either

***EDIT: 
roll.gif
 @ "mexican rappers"

I skip plenty tracks on IWW. LR is probably the closest thing Kanye has to a classic.

I consider LAD classic simply because it's rare as hell to come across a double disc album that only has a few skippable tracks.

Canibus never had a classic anything. Go back and listen to the terrible music to remind yourself.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I skip plenty tracks on IWW. LR is probably the closest thing Kanye has to a classic.

I consider LAD classic simply because it's rare as hell to come across a double disc album that only has a few skippable tracks.

Canibus never had a classic anything. Go back and listen to the terrible music to remind yourself.

Rip The Jacker is the closest Canibus has to a classic. He finally found the right producer(s) that fit him around that time. 

imo BE is a classic album no skips.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 @ Outkast being overrated.
Ill Put Atliens & Aquemini over half those albums you listed

^^^

I missed that. Saying Outkast has no classics is ridiculous. I would even put Stankonia above a grip of those albums.

Just because you skip one track on an album doesn't mean that it is not a classic. I think some of you don't realize that an album does not have to be perfect to be a classic.

Some have already posted some undeniable classics that were shockingly not on the OP's list such Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Life After Death and Be.

I will also add:

Distant Relatives
Game Theory
Undun

Originally Posted by heelish

Tier 0

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

JordanFan04 wrote:

Millzhouse719 wrote:
laugh.gif
Unfortunately, it still happened, I bought that version. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
 You're a lucky one, don't ever listen to it. It's worse than his Ginuwine collabo
indifferent.gif

Mac Dre > your life.

Back
Top Bottom