Under Armour Black Ice vs Nike Air Max Turnaround

Kind of a double question here.  I've seen people play in lows more and more now.  Isn't this a sprained ankle waiting to happen?
Both shoes I'm interested in come in lows.  I will be playing outdoors mostly on smooth cement.  Thanks for the feedeback/reviews!

I think an ankle sprain waiting to happen is a misconception.
in soccer, players use they're feet more vigorously and they
wear low tops. So I don't know about that.

Look for heel stability, forefoot stability (how easily it can roll just standing there), and height of heel cup. Also, look for a shoe that sits low to the court for best foot control. Low vs. high has no issue in the matter.

Black Ices are fine when it comes to ankle support...I don't know if I'd recommend them as an outdoor bball shoe as the outsole collects dust very easily...but it could probably be done.They're real nice kicks.

The Black Ice has tinted clear gum soles which has already been pointed out as prone to collecting dust and therefore cause slippage whereas the Turnaround has a solid rubber sole with a tiny clear gum accent. Traction should also be on your checklist along with ankle support imo. If pricing is a consideration, the Nikes can be had for cheaper as well. 

Back
Top Bottom