Under Armour?

Can even go further with Michael Phelps, Bryce Harper. The basketball division was smart by building around younger talent. Steph went to his first Allstar game in UA and Kemba is coming behind him.

Outside of LeBron and Kobe Nike doesn't even put the money in the marketing behind their other shoes like they use to. The company is so saturated with retro and retro based product that in a lot of places u can't see or try on their performance kicks like the joints Harden and PG wore.

U take a guy like Kent Bazemore and he's getting the same shoe endorsement money as a Kyrie Irving with more input on the product his wearing I mean c'mon how can u hate on UA? They treating their athletes like business partners where is Nike is pitching and bargaining majority of their guys free stuff which is cool if that's all you're about.

And that's not a knock on Nike, do what it takes to make your money but my concern is u got a guy that sold $175M+ worth of product for u third behind only Mike and Lebron and you're not even coming close to what UA is offering and you have waaayyyyy more money to work with than UA

Last edited:
Wow your logic is terrible. Considering how young this brand is compared to the rest, ESPECIALLY in the basketball segment...wtf are you smoking?

I usually smoke sour diesel but I'm not high, just stating that UA doesn't have the clout that Nike has as of yet. That's not an indictment on their company because they're still growing. I'm wearing UA basketball shorts as I type this. I just think from a marketing perspective it's not great for KD to go from a sports apparel juggernaut to a smaller but up and coming company. I'll be the first to state that their is bias on my behalf but Nike has had a good couple of decades as well as universally praised players under their belt. Like I stated though, KD is getting his money upfront and that's the only positive coming from this.

Hey man, everything starts out from something right? If there's any player out there right now who can help this brand, it's KD. He's young, great player and people like him. Who knows, maybe he'll have an impact on UA just like Mike did on Nike.

Hey man, everything starts out from something right? If there's any player out there right now who can help this brand, it's KD. He's young, great player and people like him. Who knows, maybe he'll have an impact on UA just like Mike did on Nike.

And I fully respect the idea that UA is trying to expand their brand and appeal. I just didn't think KD would want to be the face of an up and coming brand when he was still trying to build his brand with Nike. But like you said, everything starts from something.

I know this is a bit off topic from the recent discussion, but if any of you are looking to try out UA kicks or specifically their Clutchfit upper and could use a comfy trainer, you owe it to yourself to try these:  

UA Micro G Elevate -- 89.99 before discount codes/cashback

49553101_fr_under_armour_sc7
49553101_a3_under_armour_sc7

49553101_bo_under_armour_sc7

I have a pair of the Micro G Highlight Trainers which is very similar to this.  Incredibly lighweight and comfortable yet that material really hugs and contains your foot.  The anatomical outsole works great as well and the 4D foam footbed is heavenly.  Oh yeah... and full length Micro G.

Last edited:
UA has massive growth potential and KD can be huge in transcending them into a bigger player. Why should he stick around Nike and just be another role player? I think it's mutually beneficial and it's only the past couple of years that UA has been signing athletes to market and endorse. Their brand wasn't previously built on this type of stuff. I believe it's a step in the right direction and KD would be their biggest signing and hopefully catapult the basketball segment. Curry signing was great and definitely opened up people's eyes and all because UA treats their athletes with respect (Bazemore).

UA has massive growth potential and KD can be huge in transcending them into a bigger player. Why should he stick around Nike and just be another role player? I think it's mutually beneficial and it's only the past couple of years that UA has been signing athletes to market and endorse. Their brand wasn't previously built on this type of stuff. I believe it's a step in the right direction and KD would be their biggest signing and hopefully catapult the basketball segment. Curry signing was great and definitely opened up people's eyes and all because UA treats their athletes with respect (Bazemore).

kd is no role player on nike.

with kobe almost done and lebron in his 30's now kd IS going to be thee guy at nike.

well if he stays

that looks like a cool shoe. i just wish the ua logos were smaller or placed in other areas
Agreed -- the UA logos definitely are a bit too much.  If you can get past that though, these things and that Highlight TR pair are incredible.

Are there any UA athletes that are as big as Nike athletes?

UA has a big athlete in every major sport except Basketball. Steph Curry isn't there yet, but hopefully he will be.

Edit: just saw your most recent post

Last edited:
The UA logo is too vertical for a lot of the placement areas that they use it in. If they started using it more on the heel and tongue more than the side panels and toe boxes I think it would help with the overall aesthetics of a lot of their footwear.

The UA logo is too vertical for a lot of the placement areas that they use it in. If they started using it more on the heel and tongue more than the side panels and toe boxes I think it would help with the overall aesthetics of a lot of their footwear.
Kinda love the current UA logo. It's a lot shorter than the original if you remember that. It was on all the gear in Playmakers if you ever watched it. 

What you guys think about this? Maybe stretch the ua logo wider and place it above the midsole on the side like a strap? That connects to the laces?

Kind of old schoolish looking but hey something different for ua?

What you guys think about this? Maybe stretch the ua logo wider and place it above the midsole on the side like a strap? That connects to the laces?

Kind of old schoolish looking but hey something different for ua?

It could work. It would kinda be like the bigger jump man that JB used this year on the XX9.

And that's what I see when I see the UA logo. It's shape is very vertical like the jump man logo, and u rarely see the jump man logo on the side panel of one of their signature shoes. The Nike swoosh, Adidas stripes, the puma piping are all horizontal in design and therefor look great on side panels.

Which also leads me to the bloodline and why it was IMO one the most slept on shoes in the past 10-20 years

If only I could get my hands on these or that 106 & Park pair :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom