Underage Prostitutes need home loans too....vol ACORN BUSTED. Senate votes to take $$$ back

NEW YORK (AP) - Two employees of the advocacy group ACORN are shown on a hidden-camera video released Monday, apparently advising a couple posing as a prostitute and her pimp to lie about her profession and launder her earnings.

The video was the latest in a series that has already led to the firing of four ACORN employees in Baltimore and Washington, D.C. It was created by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles and posted on BigGovernment.com, where O'Keefe identifies himself as an activist filmmaker.

ACORN spokesman Scott Levenson blasted the video shot at the organization's Brooklyn office, saying the group believes the voices of the couple were dubbed over to alter the conversation and make the interaction appear more objectionable than it may have been.

The two employees featured in the video have been suspended while ACORN works to reconstruct the exchange that was caught on film, Levenson said.

On the video, O'Keefe and Giles enter the ACORN office, and O'Keefe can be heard explaining "we have a unique life situation" and asking if they qualify for housing help.

In a meeting with an ACORN housing coordinator and office administrator, both women apparently urge the pair to lie about their ill-gotten gains, with the administrator saying "Honesty is not going to get the house. That's why you've probably been denied."

"Don't say you're a prostitute thing or whatever. ... You have to sit back and think and find another name for it," says the housing coordinator, who later urges Giles to put her cash in a tin and bury it in the backyard.

The undeclared cash could be given to an uninvolved friend who could then give the funds as a gift to O'Keefe, presumably to pay for the house, the housing coordinator tells the couple.

The housing coordinator at one point seems confused about the legality of the situation, asking, "Is prostitution legalized in New York state?"

She later seems to take a concerned interest in Giles, telling her: "You have to start thinking, and when you're in this business you have to think fast."

"I can't tell you don't do it, because you won't listen to me. ... If you're going to do it, do it well, and start thinking for yourself ... and save for a rainy day."

According to Levenson, ACORN sent a letter to Fox News President Roger Ailes, stating that the videotape was deceptive and had been dubbed over, and asking the network to stop showing the videos.

Fox News spokeswoman Dana Klinghoffer said the tapes were vetted editorially before they were aired.

Breitbart.com, which owns BigGovernment.com, did not immediately respond to a call and e-mails seeking comment.

LINK:� http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/pimp_hooker_catch_staff_Js4YPEcsCcxLZhAEehLhmL

Huffington Post Article

The senate has voted to defund ACORN.

Totally unacceptable. But I also think that the actions of a few don't necessarily reflect the actions of the group. Not all priest molest little boys. No?

Didn't Obama have something to do with these people help me out with this one?

I look in disgust about things like this

My first thought was to consider whether or not these were simply actions taken by individuals that were acting on their own and did not represent ACORN as awhole.

The same type of advice was given at three different locations: Baltimore, DC and New York. However, in Philadelphia, the employees turned away thehidden-camera operatives and called the police.

I think the problem with the initial lack of reporting on this story is that the Republican Party undeniably exaggerated the "boogeyman" aspect ofACORN during the 2008 Presidential campaign. McCain's campaign spoke of "widespread voter fraud" perpetrated by ACORN and even blamed part of thesub-prime mortgage crisis on ACORN. People have already seen ACORN attacked with exaggerated claims that were debunked and now they are skeptical.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

My first thought was to consider whether or not these were simply actions taken by individuals that were acting on their own and did not represent ACORN as a whole.

The same type of advice was given at three different locations: Baltimore, DC and New York. However, in Philadelphia, the employees turned away the hidden-camera operatives and called the police.

I think the problem with the initial lack of reporting on this story is that the Republican Party undeniably exaggerated the "boogeyman" aspect of ACORN during the 2008 Presidential campaign. McCain's campaign spoke of "widespread voter fraud" perpetrated by ACORN and even blamed part of the sub-prime mortgage crisis on ACORN. People have already seen ACORN attacked with exaggerated claims that were debunked and now they are skeptical.
Exactly. I think people are apprehensive about firing away at ACORN after McCain did so with such unjust vigor and lies.

i don't get it, did the ACORN works have some sort of incentive for helping them out? why would she set her self up like that.

Originally Posted by J Burner

BUMP. Ya'll need to care about this, this is unacceptable.

- im conflicted. correct me if im wrong here: the people who made the video were trying to trap ACORN into trying to legitimize these peoples illegalprofession because they were going to make a contribution. right?

....if so. i dont necessarily find it all that wrong. stay with me though. i understand its illegal, its just that we all know things like this go on all thetime on both sides of the fence, from the federal to state and county levels. furthermore just because something is illegal doesnt make it wrong to me. withme, on some things hey, if you can get away with it...by all means do so.

- i mean its not like they were voting for deceased citizens or falsifying voter registrations to fraud votes one way or the other (even though I know Acornwas accused of this). to me that is unfair, not this. this was just getting funding wherever they could.

- i look at it like this. if there was a community center that tried to get some drug dealer to legitimize his profits so the center could stay open? i wouldnthave a problem with that.

- with that said, just because some Rush Limbaugh listeners decided to go out and entrap ACORN in this type of practice to give conservatives a one up in thenext election doesnt do anything for me. and this is coming from someone who listens to Rush 3-5 times a week.....but thinks he's an idiot.

- if im wrong about whats going on in the video let me know.....

In a meeting with an ACORN housing coordinator and office administrator, both women apparently urge the pair to lie about their ill-gotten gains, with the administrator saying "Honesty is not going to get the house. That's why you've probably been denied."
laugh.gif

How many brokers and agents said this same exact line the past 6 years to their clients?

Sure ACORN has fraud here and there, but come on this is hardly any major thing. I mean WOW a select group of employees give illegal advice... they are notthe only ones. Nevertheless, ACORN got what it deserved, and the group will no longer receive taxpayer funding. Which IMO sucks because a majority of theirwork is really good for the inner communities.

i dont get whats wrong with this advice.... really tho.

and the 2 people trying to catch them are prolly funded by the people that wanted to end funding smh.

Originally Posted by MECKS

i dont get whats wrong with this advice.... really tho.

and the 2 people trying to catch them are prolly funded by the people that wanted to end funding smh.
So, you don't understand whats wrong with aiding a prostitute in committing tax evasion, while helping said prostitute get a mortgage so shecan buy a home to run her brothel for underage salvadorian hookers, all while receiving federal taxpayer money including millions from the stimulus bill? Youcan't see the problem here?
indifferent.gif
Maybe John Stewart can explainit better for you:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-15-2009/the-audacity-of-hos

And BTW, if anything, this makes past allegations against acorn look a lot more credible.

Anyone here in that program? My wife and I used it 3 years ago to fund our first place. Real good program if you are deserving(for lack of a better word at themoment)

the real thing i learned is that investigative journalism is dead. I mean out of all people to break the story, it's some random kids? journalism is reallydeceased. kudos to those kids. And yeah when it's in 3 different cities, it's not a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom