Undergrads: how much do you spend on miscellaneous activities?

wj4

Sup fellas,

Just want to hear from you dudes who are still in college how you're spending on various activities and spendings. I know a couple of kids who were buying high end gear and flying to all these music festivals and doing bottle services on the regular. I had no idea how they were able to do so until I found out they acrrued mad debt in the process. Their thought process was the yolo mentality.

One of them acrrued about $30k in debt which is wild to me just from wildn out and showing off. I never did any of this in undergrad because I didn't have the bread for it personally and didn't wanna go into debt.

This is the norm nowadays? :lol:

Last edited:
Well some students gets a refund if their aid outweighs the costs of tuition. As for me I refrain from buying **** like clothes and sneakers once the semester starts. I guess in a week I'll spend anywhere from $0 to about $40-50 to buy "supplies" or to eat out.

Last edited:
I took out minimum loans, im a senior now. All of the people that "ball-out" are going to be an extra 10k+ In debt after 4 years

I work for all of my misc activities, but try to keep it under $150 a month. :smokin

depends where. At UCF if you wanted to go out its actually relatively cheap. Most bars have free drinks till 12 almost every night. You can get away spending

I don't live on a strict budget. When the time comes to ball out I do. Not that I'm doing that everyday.

I was a victim to the refund check game

I probably accrued $30k in refunds over 4 years. I wish someone was there to tell me to save it for a down payment on a crib

The extra money I had went to buying a new iMac. I'm sure I bought shoes and other unnecessary things along the way lol.

I spend alotta money on gas and food

Because i work part time

Still in some debt doe

It scks cuz im tryna dress nice but ralph is so damn expensive

I make a little over $300 every other week (I work part-time at my Uni)

That **** gone after the weekend b.

But honestly, I spend my $ on food mostly and other stupid ****. Sometimes clothes but usually its other stuff like

books, cool gadgets, going to the movies, etc.

I dont have a credit card so no way im going to debt (besides my loans I took out for tuition).

Debit card FTW. 

Last edited:
**** . I'm going back this fall I don't plan on spending on anything an if I do it's usually

Food gas weed maybe a pack of fresh white tees every now and then

Gonna read all the info on grants loans and the like to avoid extra debt at all cost

Oh yeah . Save your money folks .

Only thing I spend money on is food, gas, and clothes. Toned it down a lot. Saving as much money as I can for future tuition and buying a home.

Debt is not cool. Got to be good at learning how to stretch a dollar.

Last edited:
I when I was in school I had no job whatsoever. Would go home on summer vaca's and work my butt off to have money for the upcoming semester.

I was a victim to the refund check game

I probably accrued $30k in refunds over 4 years. I wish someone was there to tell me to save it for a down payment on a crib
How did you get that much money? :lol:

I only received around $1-1.5k per semester back from financial aid. Half probably went to parking permit and books. You guys are doing what I did, just hung out locally. Some of us used the money to hustle and make more, this was when Nike Dunk SBs were in.

These kids I know are buying $1k sneakers, $2k leather jackets, etc. and flying all around like they already got good paying jobs.

I cringe at the interest rate on these loans too.

:lol: at Sally Maebach...bars.

i have no expenditures right now aside from my hobbies of going out with my friends , sneakers( i've been buying designer shoes lately but it isn't too much were it gets out of hand ) , clothing and gym stuff.

Well i have a friend who spent $7k on shopping in 2 weeks i'm talmbout Balmain jeans and copping shoes from flight club like an idiot and he isn't even that rich i don't know how he does it dude is detached from reality his parents are prolly gonna kill him when they get the credit card bill :lol:

then i got another friend who also spends like a mad man he has been copping Thom Browne pieces like it's nothing but his family can easily afford it cause they have a private plane and helicopter so nobody can hate.

Back
Top Bottom