Universal Studios (theme park) Appreciation Thread - NINTENDO-LAND A GO!

going tonight for an employee opening! great read to fill me in what to expect!

gf works at universal so has been wandering hp land n gettin butterbeer on her lunchbreaks 2-3x a week for hte past couple weeks. lol

I really want to go there at night.

Universal is also thinking of adding a Yule Ball Event in the Orlando location, hopefully that makes it to Hollywood too.

just get the tickets off universals site

they have deals online from time to time

and to the other cat, you don't have to watch the movies at all to appreciate the build and rides

I've never seen one of the movies or read any of the books in my life but the the whole space is cold and detailed

the rides are mean too

the hp roller coaster is wayy too short! the main hp ride is pretty dope. lotta 4d, twists and turns but i kinda got nauseous towards the end. the line was almost an hr (on employee preview night) but its a cool wait. lol the castle is in the background most of the time so people were busy taking pictures with that in the background. the interior is AMAZING. Details are on point with Disneyland.

Yeah Roller Coaster was practically a kiddie ride but it definitely was used due to lack of space.

Lots of people got dizzy and even barfed after the TFJ ride, I heard they actually slowed it down a bit too or something but I do think it might be that the 3D glasses are simply too close to the screens, the one in Orlando didn't have problems because it wasn't a 3D ride.

Didn't bother me though and I got to ride it multiple times, the kiddie roller coaster actually got me dizzy because it is pretty much just a short ride that goes around in circles.

That queue walk is probably the most immersive thing in the park though, it was impressive especially if you've read the book and seen the movies.

How'd you like the ButterBeer?

Last edited:
I think I might as well turn this into the Universal Studios thread :lol:

But...

LuAnne Sorrell ‏@luannesorrell

New #Chocolate factory opening later this year at @UniversalORL's @CityWalk called "Toothsome." 3Fox35

^Djdjsjsjjsjsksksksks

I never thought I'd say this in my life but...

I think I need to visit Florida.

Damn, i am all for expanding HP World but I am not sure I'd want to lose the WaterWorld show for it.

If Wizarding World proves popular, and all indications are it will, Southern California theme park fans could be in for an even bigger treat. A Diagon Alley expansion of Wizarding World is reportedly envisioned for the Waterworld stunt show arena location, complete with the Harry Potter and the Escape Gringotts indoor roller coaster, widely considered to be the best ride in the world.

Damn, i am all for expanding HP World but I am not sure I'd want to lose the WaterWorld show for it.

If Wizarding World proves popular, and all indications are it will, Southern California theme park fans could be in for an even bigger treat. A Diagon Alley expansion of Wizarding World is reportedly envisioned for the Waterworld stunt show arena location, complete with the Harry Potter and the Escape Gringotts indoor roller coaster, widely considered to be the best ride in the world.
As many times I've been there
I've never seen the waterworld show
Movie was trash I assumed the show would be too

More pics of that butterbeer though
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I think I might as well turn this into the Universal Studios thread :lol:

But...

LuAnne Sorrell ‏@luannesorrell

New #Chocolate factory opening later this year at @UniversalORL's @CityWalk called "Toothsome." 3Fox35

Yooooo
Will people be dressed as Oompa Loompas
And Will they have a legit chocolate river

I think I've only been to Universal one time in my entire life (as a kid) & I still remember the Batman show they did at Waterworld.

Joint was lit [emoji]128293[/emoji]

^ ^ ^
They did a Batman show in the Waterworld set? Damn, I wanna see that!

WaterWorld is a pretty good stunt show actually, I'm gon' say even better than the movie just because you see it live. It's been years since I visited and it was just as good when I saw it again today. That plane landing never gets old.

Last edited:
Aye am I the only one who gets a lil creeped out
When during the lot tour
When it drives by the bates motel
And "Norman bates" starts walking towards the bus thing we on with the knife :lol:

I want to say it was at Waterworld but now that I think about it, isn't Batman exclusive to Six Flags?

If so, it might have been there but I'm fairly certain the stage involved water & I don't remember if SF has that.

I do remember Mr. Freeze was apart of it, though :lol:

This was well over a decade ago btw.

I find it awesome :lol: there's always a visitor or two who gets shook at Norman

I want to go back there during halloween, supposedly zombies come out in the War of the Worlds part of the tram tour

@rob, yeah I think you meant Six Flags :lol:

Opened today hearing 2-3 hours of queue for the Forbidden Journey ride

Going in May def getting butterbeer wasted. Season pass FTW!

Where's the butterbeer pics at :nerd:
I need some
Universal raised their season pass prices
They used to be the price of a single day ticket for the past 3 years :smh:

Where's the butterbeer pics at :nerd:
I need some
Universal raised their season pass prices
They used to be the price of a single day ticket for the past 3 years :smh:

It's still cheap if you go to Costco, I got a season pass for $95, same price as the single day entry. Would have been $150 if bought at the box office on-site.

pics doesn't do butterbeer justice but here's some pics...

Last edited:
Nah I seen those IG pics
I need some NTers in the trenches holding their butterbeer mugs type pics

can't even imagine being there with this kind of crowd, probably won't even attempt to go back til next year

Back
Top Bottom