Unreadable disc error vol. fml

Any one else when they get through a couple of plays on madden 10 get unreadable disc error? I get it every game and the disc is brand new. Any help for this?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Thanks.

Yea i was on Halo 3 last night... i thought it was the laser but it doesn't stop halo 3. I pulled the madden disc out and their is a 360 degree ring aroundthe disc scratch probably from the xbox.

Sounds like the disc read error that eventually leads to overall complete failure.

Yea everyone is tellin me the box is about to be retired...fuuuu.
No i have left the box flat while playing. There are no red rings just unreadable disc error please restart console.

Originally Posted by 3miyasaki3

Yea i was on Halo 3 last night... i thought it was the laser but it doesn't stop halo 3. I pulled the madden disc out and their is a 360 degree ring around the disc scratch probably from the xbox.

yeah i'd be careful if i was you, it did that to me before and f'd up 2 of my games till they were completely unreadable, your probably gonna have tosend it in

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Yea i was on Halo 3 last night... i thought it was the laser but it doesn't stop halo 3. I pulled the madden disc out and their is a 360 degree ring around the disc scratch probably from the xbox.

yeah i'd be careful if i was you, it did that to me before and f'd up 2 of my games till they were completely unreadable, your probably gonna have to send it in
So i have a xbox arcade that i bought from a friend last year and just put a 120 hard drive in it. I can't send it back can I cuz I heard NTsaying about xbox giving out a new warranty?

This happens to me a lot when I play 2K10. I have a release console, and I am just thinking about upgrading to an Elite. My 360 sounds like a trainwreck whenit's on and running
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

yeah i'd be careful if i was you, it did that to me before and f'd up 2 of my games till they were completely unreadable, your probably gonna have to send it in
So i have a xbox arcade that i bought from a friend last year and just put a 120 hard drive in it. I can't send it back can I cuz I heard NT saying about xbox giving out a new warranty?
if its still under its original warranty you can send it in for free

Did you move the console whilst the disc was playing inside? If so, the game is done.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Did you move the console whilst the disc was playing inside? If so, the game is done.
Naw it hasn't moved... I'm starting to think its the xbox. Going to take it to some dude off of craigslist. Thanks for the help though NT.

Yea, send it in. It'll start @!$+!@* up even more if you don't.

My 360 did that scratching the disk thing to me 2 years ago and I didn't send it in. After that, it started freezing, and eventually it gave me the 3 redrings thus causing it's death...

Alright, if thats the case.. Send it in to avoid any damage to other games. I can't stress the importance of not moving the console while its reading adisc. It creates a 360 degree scratch around the disc and it can't be read anymore. Some people don't know about this whereas it happens by accident toothers.. specifically guys who leave their console vertical and then it falls.

I've never had that error but I've seen people report it.

had that problem with my ncaa football '09. what i did was take some toothpaste on a cloth and rubbed in a circular motion through the ring. haven'thad a problem since

Is there any way to check if its still under warranty. The guy i bought it from has no clue...

Originally Posted by ELTiZZLE

had that problem with my ncaa football '09. what i did was take some toothpaste on a cloth and rubbed in a circular motion through the ring. haven't had a problem since
Are you serious? Cuz this sounds so sketchy
roll.gif

To be honest, I've used tooth paste to clean a disc before. I don't know if it'll fix this specific problem but it did well vs regular scratches.
laugh.gif

I think you can go to xbox.com and, if it's registered, you can check the status of the warranty from there...

Originally Posted by ELTiZZLE

had that problem with my ncaa football '09. what i did was take some toothpaste on a cloth and rubbed in a circular motion through the ring. haven't had a problem since
Are you serious? Cuz this sounds so sketchy
roll.gif
i figured i had nothing to lose, and after checking the xbox site and seeing that it wasn't under replacement warranty, i decided to give it atry. do know that the toothpaste will create tiny scratches where you rub but they wont be deep enough to penetrate any of the game data located inside thedisc

Back
Top Bottom