Until this stops, collecting shoes will never be the same.

My younger cousin (he's 14) is trying to get into shoes. He can't afford re-seller prices so I try my best to help him, but I didn't realize it got that crazy until he told me some of the prices he was being told for GR Js.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I mean if people are dumb enough to pay 600+ for some basketball shoes that I want I can pretty quickly get over it.

QFT.

It's just plain laughable at this point. On the other end there are people willing to drop 2-3x above MSRP. I'm retiring, might be an MJ type retirement where I make a come back. However the hassle is not worth it. Can't even buy kicks online anymore due to bad servers or NDC blowing releases. Altitudes where the first legit LS but it didn't start this craze. Started when the Space Jams dropped, after that, every release has been a hassle. I'll hoop in LeBron's but t he hype is moving that line. I don't pay above retail. Flip side. Saving a lot of dough. Feel like reselling some times but that's a hassle in itself.

You dudes who put all this emphasis on ''collecting'' are starting to get corny. " the essence of sneaker collecting will never be the same, you guys are ruining the art form'' !%%* and put them shoes on your feet like you're supposed to

How do i feel about it? It sucks, but can't do anything about it. I won't pay those prices, but other people will which keeps the resellers in business. I don't blame the buyers though cause its their money.

It's laughable man. Cats in the yeezy 2 thread constantly asking if $600-1000 is a reasonable price to pay for a SHOE that has an msrp of $245Like are you kidding me?
laugh.gif
So many things wrong with that. I've pretty much stopped copping JB releases unless it's a shoe I've been waiting for or always wanted but never had.

Originally Posted by CJ863

It's laughable man. Cats in the yeezy 2 thread constantly asking if $600-1000 is a reasonable price to pay for a SHOE that has an msrp of $245Like are you kidding me?
laugh.gif
So many things wrong with that. I've pretty much stopped copping JB releases unless it's a shoe I've been waiting for or always wanted but never had.
That alone has me like
grin.gif
roll.gif

The retail price itself is out of line.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Kids in the Yeezy thread were trying to explain how $1300 for both pairs is a good deal. Now paying 3x retail is considered a good deal.

QFT
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FedExciter

You dudes who put all this emphasis on ''collecting'' are starting to get corny. " the essence of sneaker collecting will never be the same, you guys are ruining the art form'' !%%* and put them shoes on your feet like you're supposed to

How is collecting shoes "corny"?
Remember there is a difference between true sneakerheads and hypebeasts.

I'm not a hype collector. I buy shoes I legitimately like and don't buy them because they're limited, worth x number of dollars, nor any other non-sense reason.

I've been collecting shoes for 14 years now and I wear them.

Originally Posted by abernja

I'm not a hype collector. I buy shoes I legitimately like and don't buy them because they're limited, worth x number of dollars, nor any other non-sense reason.

reading comprehension son, never called collecting sneakers corny

Don't get me wrong I'm not losing sleep over it. But nowadays if you want a shoe you have to either pay 2-4 times retail or stand in line for a week.
I don't even like LeBrons so I'm not mad about that. Just used these shoes as an example.

Only a couple years ago charging $250 for some shoes was like WHOA this guy has lost his mind. Now it seems to be the starting point and the sky is the limit from there.

I wish "sneaker culture" if you will would go back to where shoes sold out because they were GR's and great shoes, not because they can resell for $500+ or the "Limited" label was slapped on it.
I was just thinking about that. How $250 was the F O H price
laugh.gif
. Now, it's normal, and people just gloss over it like it's nothing. I took pride in not spending over $200 for any shoe that I have. Those days are long gone for stuff that is clearly inferior to the stuff I already have. It seems like people are really stupid for shoes, I don't get it. I too, have stopped buying for the most part. I can't take this all hype everything sneaker culture now.

Its @ the point where the hype for brons, foams and Jordan's is @ an all time high and it's disgusting. Rappers, kids and sheep in general are all to blame. B/c of this I find myself in a transition phase as far as the direction of shoes I follow.

Reseller prices are not about change for these shoes anytime soon. Most you can do is get away from the madness. Direct your attention somewhere else.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Here goes this NT Elitest attitude. Why do you all feel that you are the ones who should set the rules to shoe sell/buy game?
Don't you remember the days when you could buy the shoes you wanted for the retail price?

I put 50% of the blame on JB and stupid limited releases and 50% on resellers.

There have been a few releases I've wanted in the past few years, but no pair is worth 48 hours or $300.

Yea but this is a new day. There are no rules/morality when it comes to who is allowed to buy what. As I explained to KSTeezy before,  niketalkers or classic or "real" shoe collectors don't deserve to buy shoes more than the next person even though some of you seem to believe otherwise.

Cash is king...always been that way.

He who has the most 0s in his bank account can have that entire collection that took you years to accumulate....in a matter of days.  

People pay more for convenience, while the bargain hunters and deal makers have more thrifty means to get theirs.

It is what it is. 

Shoes have been dead since 2003.   To me at least. 

Please explain what you were saying then.

My biggest question is a lot of people on this thread and other places think it will just continue on with the reselling and overhype like this until the "fad passes" but I really don't see it passing.. Anyone else?

keep it pushin, if they find a sucker/someone who has it, good for them, no need to trip about it

Please explain what you were saying then.
Get a dictionary, look up the word emphasis, and then read PAST the part you highlighted... I really shouldnt have to explain it

Vote with your dollars. If you want something bad, then pay what you want. Most importantly, GET WHAT YOU WANT AND LIKE. %%#* everybody else.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Kids in the Yeezy thread were trying to explain how $1300 for both pairs is a good deal. Now paying 3x retail is considered a good deal.

you still don't get it

but anyway...it's not a big deal...it saves me money since i never have a shot at all the sneakers i like....and it brought me to other sneakers that are much better and easier to get (roshe's, adirose)

This though.

Back
Top Bottom