Upcoming new Nike cushioning (February ‘18)

(Mods please delete if I missed this)

Well looks like the swoosh has something new up their sleeves. We’ll find out next month. Any insight or thoughts?

(Seen on @flipjays Instagram amongst other places)
E6E5EC16-9017-4B1C-8EB4-4AC0CFC6560E.jpeg

Nike React. It was introduced in the Hyperdunk last year, moving to running this year.

nike-epic-react-first-look-1.jpg

Nike still doesn’t have a foam based cushion to answer to Adidas’ Boost. I was skeptical about Boost because I thought it would be similar to Lunar, but it’s way better.

I say that to say this... Nike should do something about that. Lol

Nike doesn't need to answer foam with foam. They already have a cushion, in my opinion, that's just as comfortable if not more comfortable than Boost: Zoom. Before anybody jumps down my throat, yes, I do own Ultraboost and I find my Pegasus more comfortable.

Nike doesn't need to answer foam with foam. They already have a cushion, in my opinion, that's just as comfortable if not more comfortable than Boost: Zoom. Before anybody jumps down my throat, yes, I do own Ultraboost and I find my Pegasus more comfortable.

You're wilding. Zoom do not provide you with a bounce back like ultraboost do. They also are no where as light or comfortable "fit" wise the ultraboost. Leave the nike koolaid alone because they arent producing shoes worth the price they're charging.

You're wilding. Zoom do not provide you with a bounce back like ultraboost do. They also are no where as light or comfortable "fit" wise the ultraboost. Leave the nike koolaid alone because they arent producing shoes worth the price they're charging.
FYI, bounce back is NOT necessary for it to be a good running shoe. The Brooks Glycerin - one of the top rated running shoes out there, has little to no bounce back. What you want is good impact absorption.
Also, the Pegasus is $70 cheaper than the Ultraboost.

Nike has to do something. Zoom was invented in 1996ish? I believe US patents are 25 years right? That means in 3 years every shoe company and their momma will be featuring zoom cushioning.

The swoosh needs that next big thing

Back
Top Bottom