*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

End of the episode, and that final line had me like

:smh: they coulda had toph age gracefully
She looked straight bum status
Her daughters age like fine wine
Especially the cop
Tenzin slippin he shoulda knocked her up

End of the episode, and that final line had me like

:smh: they coulda had toph age gracefully
She looked straight bum status
Her daughters age like fine wine
Especially the cop
Tenzin slippin he shoulda knocked her up

How she aged looks better, especially considering that she wasn't like Katara, and never cared much for her physical appearance. Then the fact she's currently living in a swamp also adds to that. Her daughter's look similar to how she did at that age, when she was Chief of Police in Republic City, so the comparison doesn't work.

Yall think toph still nice with it

Cause katara seems like she at the age where all she can do is heal

Bumi didn't look like much till he took off his robe and got down to business, but at the end of the series he was giving everybody the hands :smokin And he was over 100; so I wouldn't be surprised if both of them still had some moves. Old Benders in this series seem to be like Yoda in Star Wars.

I doubt Toph could beat Bumi, but she's probably the best alive.
I also believe the older someone is the better they usually are.

How did she sense who she was?

I think Toph could easily take Bumi in a legit fight.

Now if we talking strength contest on some boulder throwing steez, Bumi would win.

Anyway, I'm assuming ghost Korra is the Avatar State as a separate, sentient being, and that Toph will help teach Korra how to essentially Fusion Dance with it.

Toph is DEFINITELY still nice.

She could mess up katara with the quickness

Naah son, quiet down with that nonsense. She might win, but with the quickness? :smh: You're forgetting just how nasty Katara is:

She improved over the course of the series dramatically, and consistently showed herself to be able to fight just as well alongside Aang and Toph; by the end, i'd pick her as the most skilled and powerful water bender in the series and that's not taking blood bending into account, and is discounting Avatar State feats; like that ish Aang pulled at the North Pole when he merged with the spirit. :smokin

I never found Katara to be special as a bender either.

I think Aang and Toph are clearly in another tier concerning bending skills.

Katara progressed a lot but beast isn't the word I would use to describe her.

I never found Katara to be special as a bender either.

I think Aang and Toph are clearly in another tier concerning bending skills.

Katara progressed a lot but beast isn't the word I would use to describe her.

:smh: Need to rewatch that first series man. If there's a water bending feat Katara's done it, or done something better than it. Aang and Toph in another tier? Naah; Aang maybe cause of his Avatar abilities that go beyond anyone elses, but in just water bending, or even using earth or fire (Which he really hadn't developed that much by the end of the series), Katara takes him.

Cant Katara Blood Bend? Man what else need be said.

I'm saying. :lol: She was fighting right alongside Aang and Toph the entire time, doing just as well, whether it was against Azula, the Dai Li, or Fire Nation soldiers. Like I said, i'd say that she was the best Water Bender in the world by the end of the original series, same way Toph claimed to be the best Earth Bender.

Last edited:
Katara's solid, Bloodbending is her most dangerous asset and obviously nothing to scoff at but aside from that she's just never wowed me in fights. She holds her own which is impressive for someone who really wasn't combat oriented in the first place but I just feel she doesn't compare to the other two.

Katara is Luke the water bending goddess, the hell y'all talking bout? Monsoons and blood are good, but my ***** she can heal people, cmon.

I think it's common for water benders to heal
It is common but it has to be taught whereas Katara just knew how to do it.

I also don't think she's on Toph's level but there's not a giant gap and she's no scrub.

She was good even before she had actual formal training. Pakku called her excellent in their little fight.

I'd say that Katara was like Toph, Aang, and Azula, a Bending prodigy. At the start of the series with no formal training she was figuring out how to bend on her own and began improving her skills by teaching herself from a scroll. With only that knowledge, and what experience she had she held her own against a water bending master, and was herself proclaimed a master a short time afterwards; and this is when she was still like 14. I think her skill's being heavily underestimated because water bending isn't used for physical destructive acts all that often, unlike Earth and Fire bending. And while she's certainly a natural at healing, that wasn't the best showing of her skills at all. That's something she did every now and again when she wasn't kickking *** alongside Aang and the rest. :lol:

a blinkin a blinkin I tend to think the same, but she was better in Season 3 I thought, and that ending:

Money :pimp:

Azula was a BEAST...shooting off blue flames, jet propulsion, lightning, evasion skills through the roof...

Shame she went bat sh*t :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom