*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

The storyline so far 
9c1152ebaca57c5b225c850fffc2dca9839f1a5.gif

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Im getting chills when as I read down this thread. CMON KORRA! GO IN AVATAR STATE ALREADY! Dude, ang went into his avatar state within the first 10 minutes of the first episode. cmon.

Did anyone else shout at the tv when Lin Beifong went into sato's workshop and didn't find the secret underground passage? I was literally shouting for her to earth bend to find the passage like toft. and it freaking happened. I was so juiced at that point haha

Avatar State is the spirituality Side of being the Avatar which Korra knows nothing about really. Aang grew up a monk so he was as Spiritual as can be, Korra.... Not so much. OH Of course Toph taught her Daughter EVERY little Earth Bending Move
Aang may know more about spirituality and enlightenment but that doesn't mean he is more susceptible to transforming his body into the avatar state. It took him 3 chapters to master the avatar state. 
What triggers his avatar state is rage and fear. When he went to the northern(?) air temple and found  monk gyatso deceased in his bed and when General Fong sinks Kitara underneath the sand. Both incidents triggered Aangs avatar state and had no control over it whatsoever. 

As for Korra, I don't think her emotional encounters are as deep as Aang's, That's why she still hasn't turned to her avatar state. Just a theory. 
this

you guys cant possibly think that she would start the show with the ability to bend water, fire, earth, and be able to use the avatar state did you?? In the first series Aang started off with only air and didnt perfect water bending until late in the season, same with the other elements. I heard theres only 2 seasons of this show, so I'm guessing one season will be her learning air bending and the next will be her perfecting the avatar state/energybending/restoring powers.

Originally Posted by struong8

Same sequence over and over. Always getting get *$+ kicked at the end of the episode.

naw i can give her a pass this episode she was kickin his !*+ until he started to bloodbend its like bringing a knife to a gunfight no way she could win against him 

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

this

you guys cant possibly think that she would start the show with the ability to bend water, fire, earth, and be able to use the avatar state did you?? In the first series Aang started off with only air and didnt perfect water bending until late in the season, same with the other elements. I heard theres only 2 seasons of this show, so I'm guessing one season will be her learning air bending and the next will be her perfecting the avatar state/energybending/restoring powers.
I only disagree with this part. The avatar state isn't a move to learn, its a defense mechanism -->
(sorry cant embed)
So based on the trouble shes been in so far, Im guessing its gunna take something BIG for her to feel threatened enough to go in the state
nerd.gif

Cant wait thoo, its gunna be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kareem the Dream

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

this

I only disagree with this part. The avatar state isn't a move to learn, its a defense mechanism -->
(sorry cant embed)
So based on the trouble shes been in so far, Im guessing its gunna take something BIG for her to feel threatened enough to go in the state
nerd.gif

Cant wait thoo, its gunna be
pimp.gif

For a majority of the first series it only came out as a defense mechanism for aang, but all of the avatars before aang could unlock the avatar state at will, I believe Avatar Roku was the one that told him to go train with that guru Githik to go unlock the Avatar state. The only reason he didnt finish learning it was because Kitara got kidnapped by Zuko's sister, and aang saw this right before he was about to achieve the avatar state so he left. I'm also pretty sure he also unlocked the avatar state at will when he faced fire lord ozai in the last episode. I just rewatched the series a week and a half ago, so theres no way I would know all this +%## had I not lol.
laugh.gif

so i guess lighting bending is a book because all these fire users r using it like it easy as pie
and then blood bending so easy all the special bending from the first avatar is just normal now

One thing I always wondered about, every element had an extended technique.

Earth: Metal Bending

Fire: Lightning Bending

Water: Blood Bending

But what about Air? If the writers are brave enough to include blood bending why don't the allow air benders to take your breath away momentarily?
Like a "Force Choke" word to Vader.

NT'ers, which would you choose? Tough decision for me.
If a polished bender from each element battled it out. I think a water bender would come out on top, strictly because mast of you body is made up of it.
So many deadly options....
On second thought wit, environment, and physical ability could change the outcome to a match.

Anyone see Tarlokk/Tarlokk's ancestor Blood Bend EVERYONE in the room during that flashback?

You know, we could of seen the end of this past episode if it only had played on memorial weekend. Time will tell.

Im so juiced for next week's episodes!

You know, we could of seen the end of this past episode if it only had played on memorial weekend. Time will tell.

Im so juiced for next week's episodes!

yes, we could've aka could have seen the end

Im just curious if Tarlock is a descendant from Hama. The only people I know who know blood bending is Hama and kitara and knows how to actually perform it.

Like with any of the advanced bending in this series, it seems really easy now opposed to the original series. It was only one person who knew how to perform the most advanced bending in their time.

Now it's like everyone can shoot lightning and metal bend in Avatar Korra

The thing is both series didn't mention anything about hama having children and I just watched the episode of the puppet master. Kitara is the only one that knows how to blood bend as far as we know.

The advance bending is just something of the time if u think about it. It's like the real world. People and technology and skills progress with time.

If that's the case, then others can blood bend too

For sure, but probably only under a fool moon.
Korra was well aware of blood bending, but she was mostly surprised dude was doing it without a full moon.

An interesting analysis of the flashback sequences thus far.
Caution, it's Tumblr (lol).

Originally Posted by JVII

Man this seems so spot on. Now I'm sad cause I ruined it for myself. If you dont want know dont click that.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by JVII

Man this seems so spot on. Now I'm sad cause I ruined it for myself. If you dont want know dont click that.
tired.gif
too late for me...
is this guy guessing all of this cuz it's REALLY WELL observed
didn't notice 25% of that
roll.gif

Blood bending though, that was wild.

I have a feeling Amon is Tarrlok or working for Amon. The last scene with Tarrlok taking Korra and seeing mountains, I have a feeling, shes going to learn air bending some way some how. Also how it showed more of the past with Aang. Just like everyone else, gotta wait until the next episode. I have high expectations, but I might be wrong.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

laugh.gif
I'm trying to figure out how you get suspended in a Legend of Korra thread.

Posted a illegal viewing site link and meth gave me a week long ban. But i'm finally back 
pimp.gif

JVII wrote:
Caution, it's Tumblr (lol).

Everything makes so much dam sense 
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom