[Update] Lorenzen Wright Found Dead...

gregbutler20 wrote:
Saw this on the espn forums:

"The curse of the '97 Clippers strikes again. They made the playoffs, but at what cost:

Lorenzen Wright - Dead
Malik Sealy - Dead
Kevin Duckworth - Dead
Rodney Rogers - Quadriplegic
Stanley Roberts - Drug Problems
Pooh Richardson - Drug Problems"

Also, Bison dele was on the 95-96 clippers.
frown.gif

wow this was an eerie coincidence...

R.I.P.

Heard choppers all over yesterday afternoon.  Come to find out, they found his body less than a quarter-mile from where I live. I LOVE this city!!
ohwell.gif

Heard choppers all over yesterday afternoon.  Come to find out, they found his body less than a quarter-mile from where I live. I LOVE this city!!
ohwell.gif

Pardon me for being ignorant when it comes to lorenzen wright, but people say he was in deep money troubles. If someone doesn't mind, I'd like to know exactly what you guys mean by he had money troubles.

Pardon me for being ignorant when it comes to lorenzen wright, but people say he was in deep money troubles. If someone doesn't mind, I'd like to know exactly what you guys mean by he had money troubles.

^From what has been reported, houses have been foreclosed on. That really has been the extend of the "money problems" that I have read.

^From what has been reported, houses have been foreclosed on. That really has been the extend of the "money problems" that I have read.

Both housew in mem and atl was foreclosed. He also had a 2.7mil dollar loan that he was stuck with. I never known him for being the type to throw money away. He did have alot of whips though. Outside of that, not sure if he was giving money out to friends and stuff.

I remember when i went to his camps and he damn near drove a diff whip everyday of the week. He had to have around 10

Both housew in mem and atl was foreclosed. He also had a 2.7mil dollar loan that he was stuck with. I never known him for being the type to throw money away. He did have alot of whips though. Outside of that, not sure if he was giving money out to friends and stuff.

I remember when i went to his camps and he damn near drove a diff whip everyday of the week. He had to have around 10

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I

He was definitely ATM Lorenezen to his friends/family.  I read an article back in 2002, how his friends had no restrictions when it came to visiting his home, even when he was on road trips.  

Originally Posted by superswag

gregbutler20 wrote:

"The curse of the '97 Clippers strikes again. They made the playoffs, but at what cost:

Lorenzen Wright - Dead
Malik Sealy - Dead
Kevin Duckworth - Dead

frown.gif

R.I.P.

96-97 Clippers were swept by the Jazz in the first round.  Terry Dehere better watch out.

I

He was definitely ATM Lorenezen to his friends/family.  I read an article back in 2002, how his friends had no restrictions when it came to visiting his home, even when he was on road trips.  

Originally Posted by superswag

gregbutler20 wrote:

Lorenzen Wright - Dead
Malik Sealy - Dead
Kevin Duckworth - Dead

frown.gif

R.I.P.

96-97 Clippers were swept by the Jazz in the first round.  Terry Dehere better watch out.

like I said earlier - someone dropped the ball.....when the information was disclosed, they found him right away.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/police-missed-connection-911-call-lorenzen-wright/

For more than a week, suburban police did not make the connection between a 911 call in which gunshots were heard and the disappearance of Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright.

Sources have told The Commercial Appeal that the call came to Germantown in the early morning hours of July 19. A male voice could be heard uttering an expletive. Then at least 10 gunshots were heard in the background.

The call came from a cell phone in the possession of Wright, whose body was found Wednesday in a wooded area in Southeast Memphis.

The newspaper has been unable to determine who owned the phone and, as a result, how it registered at the 911 center. The Germantown dispatcher called the number back, but no one answered. It is not known whether she reported the incident and a further investigation ensued.

Three days later, on July 22, Wright’s family reported the former NBA star missing to Collierville police. For days, police officials there said they did not believe “foul play

like I said earlier - someone dropped the ball.....when the information was disclosed, they found him right away.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/police-missed-connection-911-call-lorenzen-wright/

For more than a week, suburban police did not make the connection between a 911 call in which gunshots were heard and the disappearance of Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright.

Sources have told The Commercial Appeal that the call came to Germantown in the early morning hours of July 19. A male voice could be heard uttering an expletive. Then at least 10 gunshots were heard in the background.

The call came from a cell phone in the possession of Wright, whose body was found Wednesday in a wooded area in Southeast Memphis.

The newspaper has been unable to determine who owned the phone and, as a result, how it registered at the 911 center. The Germantown dispatcher called the number back, but no one answered. It is not known whether she reported the incident and a further investigation ensued.

Three days later, on July 22, Wright’s family reported the former NBA star missing to Collierville police. For days, police officials there said they did not believe “foul play

His wife was also a former crackhead and she left when they were married a while back and he found her at a crackhouse with her ex bf. this was yrs ago though around the time he was playin for the grizz.

I also find it weird that his body was near his gma house. somebody he knew had to do it because i dont think that was a coincidence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/...a-player-wright-dead/?test=latestnews#content

"His former assistant says police need to investigate Wright's ex-wife Sherra and her friends."

His wife was also a former crackhead and she left when they were married a while back and he found her at a crackhouse with her ex bf. this was yrs ago though around the time he was playin for the grizz.

I also find it weird that his body was near his gma house. somebody he knew had to do it because i dont think that was a coincidence.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/...a-player-wright-dead/?test=latestnews#content

"His former assistant says police need to investigate Wright's ex-wife Sherra and her friends."

[h1]Lorenzen Wright’s Girlfriend Alexis Bradley’s Photos from the Day Before He Died[/h1]

Beloved Memphian Lorenzen Wright, a veteran of 14 NBA seasons, was found dead yesterday in a field just outside of Memphis.  Wright had been missing since July 19th.

Wright was dating the beautiful Alexis Bradley at the time of his death.  He had been going back and forth between Memphis, where his children lived, and Atlanta.

Wright was recently divorced from Sherra Robinson Wright and was the father of six children.

He was found with a dozen gunshot wounds to his corpse.  A 911 callwas made from his phone on July 19th where gunshots could be heard,along with an expletive, before it hung up.

The photos here were posted on Bradley’s Facebook account yesterdayand dated July 18th, 2010 – the day before Wright disappeared and wasmurdered.

Bradley captioned the photos in a way that left no doubt the twowere a couple, had been dating for some time, and loved each other:
“I LOVE THIS GUY,

[h1]Lorenzen Wright’s Girlfriend Alexis Bradley’s Photos from the Day Before He Died[/h1]

Beloved Memphian Lorenzen Wright, a veteran of 14 NBA seasons, was found dead yesterday in a field just outside of Memphis.  Wright had been missing since July 19th.

Wright was dating the beautiful Alexis Bradley at the time of his death.  He had been going back and forth between Memphis, where his children lived, and Atlanta.

Wright was recently divorced from Sherra Robinson Wright and was the father of six children.

He was found with a dozen gunshot wounds to his corpse.  A 911 callwas made from his phone on July 19th where gunshots could be heard,along with an expletive, before it hung up.

The photos here were posted on Bradley’s Facebook account yesterdayand dated July 18th, 2010 – the day before Wright disappeared and wasmurdered.

Bradley captioned the photos in a way that left no doubt the twowere a couple, had been dating for some time, and loved each other:
“I LOVE THIS GUY,

Back
Top Bottom