UPDATE NT WINNER -Win $25 Nike.com gift card and other stuff - support my new business

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Liked

Win or not, good to see NTers doing well
pimp.gif

Good thing about insurance is that everyone needs it. Downside it that it has become more competitive, especially with online companies and "price sensitive" consumers.
trying to do better for myself/my family/my future, but trying to help people too. thanks everyone again.

Good luck man I do financial investments/actuarial work for an insurance company.  Market is the softest the industry has seen in two decades. 

To elaborate on your #2 point of other insurance companies paying for things - the HUGE downside is if there is a dispute and you have liability only and there is a dispute causing the other carrier to deny the coverage then you are SOL b/c you don't have the collision coverage.  So driving around saying that you don't need collision b/c you aren't going to run into anyone just think about this b/c I see nasty stuff on a daily basis that you can't imagine people do...

Party #1 runs red light and hits party #2 - both begin saying it was the other party who ran the red light...well the insurance company will side with their customer if there is no other information i.e. independent witnesses or a police report that somehow vouches for one sides story.  Now that liability that you have isn't going to cover your car even though you didn't run the red light.  There are dirty people out there and to me it isn't a question I would never drive w/o first party coverages.  Plus I don't want to pay for a new bimmer out of pocket twice.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

how much more (if any) does your insurance drop when you get to be 25?
I think you'll see more of big difference in your 30s, but it really depends on the company and their rating factors. a young driver will always have higher rates just bc of the risk. the most important thing going for you is no tickets, yrs of experience(if you get your license at 16 then you'll max out the yrs of experience vs if you get your license at 18). Everyone would love to have the latest model car, but the collision and comp to fix your new car on that will take up a huge chunk of your insurance premium(pricing), so again considering a used car can make your insurance more affordable. 
being part of your parent's insurance policy again will help you save $, but that also make your parent's liable for lawsuit if someone decides to sue you. and there comes a time when you do need to split off from your parents eventually, but I've seen people on their parents policy up into their 30s to help save $$$.

Originally Posted by bc60997

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Liked

Win or not, good to see NTers doing well
pimp.gif

Good thing about insurance is that everyone needs it. Downside it that it has become more competitive, especially with online companies and "price sensitive" consumers.
trying to do better for myself/my family/my future, but trying to help people too. thanks everyone again.

Good luck man I do financial investments/actuarial work for an insurance company.  Market is the softest the industry has seen in two decades. 

To elaborate on your #2 point of other insurance companies paying for things - the HUGE downside is if there is a dispute and you have liability only and there is a dispute causing the other carrier to deny the coverage then you are SOL b/c you don't have the collision coverage.  So driving around saying that you don't need collision b/c you aren't going to run into anyone just think about this b/c I see nasty stuff on a daily basis that you can't imagine people do...

Party #1 runs red light and hits party #2 - both begin saying it was the other party who ran the red light...well the insurance company will side with their customer if there is no other information i.e. independent witnesses or a police report that somehow vouches for one sides story.  Now that liability that you have isn't going to cover your car even though you didn't run the red light.  There are dirty people out there and to me it isn't a question I would never drive w/o first party coverages.  Plus I don't want to pay for a new bimmer out of pocket twice.

i've had that happen to my friend where the guy at fault admitted it was his fault during the accident but when it was time to file a claim he denied it. if that happens with me can i take down a statement from the other driver and have him sign it? or do i also need a witness for that?

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Originally Posted by bc60997

i've had that happen to my friend where the guy at fault admitted it was his fault during the accident but when it was time to file a claim he denied it. if that happens with me can i take down a statement from the other driver and have him sign it? or do i also need a witness for that?
yes. you can do that if you are able to get that signature. I wouldn't sign anything myself.

a police report is the best thing to obtain. NEVER leave an accident without a police report since there is always a possibility of dispute or lying later on. the report will contain statements from you/other side right after the accident, accidents details. If you don't get one, you will be left with your word vs other side, and accident damage evidence on the vehicles.

the police will ask if anyone is injured. if you simply say you are sore/whiplash you will be able to obtain a police report. IF you say no one is injured, most often the police are not going to bother filling out that report and again you are left with your word vs the other side. NOT GOOD. Call the police and get a police report.

UPDATE: NT ID: MRHOOKS23    is the winner. 

Had a 2nd/3rd runner up and as of Sat - still no response through Facebook messages.

If you know anyone that needs auto/renters/home insurance, we are still offering a $25 Nike Gift card(or other gift cards) for each successful business referral. PM me or find us on FB. - 

http://www.facebook.com/SBAYLAINSURANCE

Also, if you have any insurance questions/needs (auto, home, renters, condo, life), let me know ANYTIME. I'm here to help. I'm licensed in CA, but I can try to answer your general questions if you live out of state (pm or email my work).

Thanks NT. Appreciate the support. Stay tuned for more contests as we expand.

Back
Top Bottom