**updated with pics pg3** Visitng ATL ... Can anyone recommend some good food spots ?!

Definitely going to try Varisty and Gladys and Rons...any other recommendations?

Last edited:
Definitely going to try Varisty and Gladys and Rons...any other recommendations?

Fixed...Varsity SUCKS!!!! real talk dawg...
but if you want you monesy worth we have one of the best sandwich spots EVER. go to Rueben's deli, Vietnamese noodle shop, and if you like sushi try Nicki moto!!!! these are sure fire winners. quote me on this one. how long you in town???? i can link to you to the fun spots/nightlife. pm me for more info

Fixed...Varsity SUCKS!!!! real talk dawg...
but if you want you monesy worth we have one of the best sandwich spots EVER. go to Rueben's deli, Vietnamese noodle shop, and if you like sushi try Nicki moto!!!! these are sure fire winners. quote me on this one. how long you in town???? i can link to you to the fun spots/nightlife. pm me for more info

obama-varsity-jewel-samad-getty.jpg

I haven't tried varsity. Obama was there not too long ago tho. gotta go just to say u tried it

Don't go to glady's knight. Its an overrated tourist trap.

You can drive by the varsity, but you won't miss anything by giving them your money.

I honestly know you won't listen because you're already set on doing so, but don't complain to anyone that no one warned you. Famous places are not always good places. 

Atlanta (along with Chicago, SF and NY) is becoming one of the best places to try new restaurants because there are SO MANY of them. Don't waste your money on stuff you can get anywhere. Dive in, because its worth it...not because you saw it on a brochure. 

Widen your horizons. I can list a few Atlanta blogs you can visit that will help you find decent spots.

A. How old are you?

B. How much money do you like to spend on meals?

C. Do you have transportation? 

Last edited:
apreciate all the replies...

ill be down there from the 22nd - 26th

going down there with my girl ... both of us 28/29

im driving from VA .. so hitting up spots in and around the city really wont be an issue

trying to keep most meals in the $30-40 range ...probably splurge our last night at a high end joint

thanks again fam

American Deli - Chicken Wings
Daddy D's - BBQ and Soul Food
This Is It - BBQ/seafood/soul food (my boy's family's restaurant)
Spondivitz - Seafood. Very casual/bar atmosphere
Tropical Cuisine - GOOD Jamaican food
Majestic Diner - Trendy 24 hour diner
Marietta Diner - Cool spot. I think it's 24 hours too
Waffle House - 24 hours If you're drunk or high
Atlanta Fish Market - Sea food
The Sundial - Go for the 360 rotating view of Atlanta. At the top of the Westin hotel
Johnny's Pizza - Maybe not the best pizza in the city, but it's my favorite.
Justins - Food is ehh.. Diddy's restaurant
Soul Vegetarian - Good vegetarian food
Krispy Kreme - DOUGHNUTS!!! Go when the big red hot sign is on outside. Means they're fresh
Sublime Doughnuts - All kinds of original flavors
The Vortex - Supposed to have good burgers. I've yet to go
Cantonese House - Dim Sum

Uhh...? Maybe I'll post more later.

That should keep you busy.

Last edited:
apreciate all the replies...

ill be down there from the 22nd - 26th

going down there with my girl ... both of us 28/29

im driving from VA .. so hitting up spots in and around the city really wont be an issue

trying to keep most meals in the $30-40 range ...probably splurge our last night at a high end joint

thanks again fam
Oh yeah...ya'll don't need to be wasting money on crap spots.

Hit up this list and shoot for some spots on here AND browse around on the links on this site. Its a good all in one link: http://atlanta.eater.com/archives/2012/07/03/the-38-essential-atlanta-restaurants-july-12.php

Or hit up the Atlanta Thrillist site for more suggestions. 

Also there are tons of rooftop lounges you can try and hit like the Glenn Hotel or Rooftop 866.

There is an area called Edgewood with some great spots like Sound Table, Cafe Circa (great summer rooftop too), and Noni's 

If you're looking for a live bar scene, there is about a 2 mile street called North Highland Ave full of bars and restaurants all along it. One of my favorites is The Cavern, Hand in Hand, Across The Street. 

For breakfast try  (get reservations for all of these) Highland Bakery, J. Christopher's, West Egg cafe, Busy Bee Cafe or Flying Biscuit

I really like Top Flr, No. 246, Miller Union, JCT Kitchen Holeman and Finch, Cellar 56, The Lawrence, Cucina Asellina ATL, STK, Barcelona Wine Bar, and Empire State South, or Keith Rathburn that are really dope. 

Fancy expensive dinners include Paces 88, Chops, Bones, Bacchanalia, Restaurant Eugene, The Georgian Room, Aria, La Fourchette, La Pietra Cucina (great italian)

Some decent bars with mixed crowds include Ornsbys, W Hotel Downtown Drinkshop, Aurum (more of a lounge), The Livingston, The entire buckhead bar district is fly also including Hole in the Wall and The Ivy.

Then there are the clubs which are self explanatory...so... ya know. These days I recommend Reign/Vanquish/Compound and not much else. MAYBE the places around Crescent Ave, if thats your thing, but it tends to be a little younger. 

Last edited:
If you like seafood hit up Pappadeaux and Spondivits

American deli for subs and wings...and their mad cheap but good

American Deli - Chicken Wings
Daddy D's - BBQ and Soul Food
This Is It - BBQ/seafood/soul food (my boy's family's restaurant)
Spondivitz - Seafood. Very casual/bar atmosphere
Tropical Cuisine - GOOD Jamaican food
Majestic Diner - Trendy 24 hour diner
Marietta Diner - Cool spot. I think it's 24 hours too
Atlanta Fish Market - Sea food
The Sundial - Go for the 360 rotating view of Atlanta. At the top of the Westin hotel
Johnny's Pizza - Maybe not the best pizza in the city, but it's my favorite.
Justins - Food is ehh.. Diddy's restaurant
Soul Vegetarian - Good vegetarian food
Krispy Kreme - DOUGHNUTS!!! Go when the big red hot sign is on outside. Means they're fresh
Sublime Doughnuts - All kinds of original flavors
The Vortex - Supposed to have good burgers. I've yet to go
Cantonese House - Dim Sum
Uhh...? Maybe I'll post more later.
That should keep you busy.

Speaking of busy, Busy Bee's is ALWAYS good. You just have to be ready to wait.

Thumbs Up in East Point if you like breakfast food. Super good but you will need cash because they don't take cards.

There are two new great Seafood spots you should peep: Lure and The Optimist

Forget all the chain restaurants. 

good looks on the info...no way ill be able to hit all these spots in 5 days! but at least im not short on choices

so i guess ill need to comprise a list of the top places

i keep hearing Busy Bee ..so ill def check that one for sure

this will be in a few weeks but when i come back ill bump the thread with pix

good looks on the info...no way ill be able to hit all these spots in 5 days! but at least im not short on choices

so i guess ill need to comprise a list of the top places

i keep hearing Busy Bee ..so ill def check that one for sure

this will be in a few weeks but when i come back ill bump the thread with pix
Ha...just follow MY suggestions... 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not sure what you or your chick are like, but she might have a better experience if you stay away from generic chain joints. Just my opinion. 

Back
Top Bottom