Updating twitter/facebook status in the delivery room?

How do yall feel about this? This girl recently gave birth and I noticed that she kept her facebook status and twitter updated with all the latest developments while she was in labor
laugh.gif
. It seemed real odd to me at the moment but when I woke up in the morning, I saw another girl tweet something like "it's been 9 hours since the last tweet, is everything fine?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
I started thinking about it and in today's world it shouldn't have surprised me but it still felt inappropriate. Should there be a line drawn with stuff posted on FB/Twitter or is everything fair game? I'm a pretty private person so when I see some of the stuff people post on twitter I'm
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Discuss

That's a damn shame.

I feel like despite all of the modern advancements in technology and communication, we're more disconnected from one another than ever before.

I saw a chick post that she was havin the bubble guts... i deleted her off my friends list after that

Like you said...today's world.

Having a baby, getting married, etc. don't really surprise me since they're joyous occasions and they just want to let the world in.

it is weird but i'm sure it wasn't as the babys head is sliding out so i guess its not really that big of a deal...still strange that tho

I work in labor and delivery and i can def see that happening, if they are laying there waiting for things to happen

they use the phone and other stuff

laugh.gif
I'm just imagining the phone being crushed in her hand..

I think it's a little inappropriate, I mean that's something special that should be only shared with your loved ones, but each to their own. People tweet etc about everything nowadays.

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

Having a baby, getting married, etc. don't really surprise me since they're joyous occasions and they just want to let the world in.

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

Yeah I can understand letting the world know about joyous occasions and I'm all for it but isn't a simple "I'm going into labor. Wish me luck" enough? I mean this girl was letting us know what the doctor said, the drugs she was gonna take, etc etc. It just seemed kinda inappropriate and like biff said, I'm sure it's a pretty common thing now a days. I mean there's some people I'm friends with on facebook that I don't even really talk to in real life but sometimes I feel like I know them a little too well with the stuff they put out there
laugh.gif

I see where you're coming from, and I agree. 1 or 2 tweets in general is fine, but a tweet every 2 seconds is OD. I hope it wasn't an inconvenience to the doctor.

I remember reading about this women who tweeted while her son was drowning in the pool.....like she tweeted "oh my god my son is drowning in the pool".....who does that?

Back
Top Bottom