uptown...?

i was having an arguement today, one of my boys said georgetown (university) is in uptown b/c its in NW; i argued that it wasnt. my question is where doesuptown.. start, and how is uptown configured i guess, in DC. i know in NY its like a certain street and up, but here ive heard its certain neighborhoods. ithought uptown was like georgia ave and up there, and since georgetown is right next to virginia... i dunno.

nerd.gif

I always looked at Uptown as a whole being NW. As far as what people from the hood saying they're from Uptown, IMO... East to West 16th St. NW to NorthCapitol St Nw and from the North to South The DC/MD Border to New York Avenue....

Kev better not be saying Gtwon is "uptown" or his DC card will be revoked...

I've always thought of "uptown" as "Once you cross Florida Ave, but only the places between North Capitol and 15th Street NW...all the wayup to Takoma.

I thought the same as Lavan.. except for the stopping at 15th st. I just moved off of 16th and hear ppl still refer to that part as Uptown.. I'm only acouple blocks down from Columbia heights, so idk if that makes a difference to those who live off that part of 16th

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

Kev better not be saying Gtwon is "uptown" or his DC card will be revoked...
laugh.gif

I was trying to avoid being an @@@*%+*...

But, Georgetown is Georgetown. Not [Funk of Rare Essence] "Uptown... Downtown... AcrossTown... or Out of Town." [Go-Go Live]

^^^ I was worried for a second.

I was just about to issue you a Howard County Card.

Reminds me of when I first went away to school.

Dude says to me "Oh you're from DC? What part?". I answer "Northeast, by Rhode Island Metro/ and Saratoga."

I say "You from the city too?". Dude responds, "Yeah, I'm from Silver Spring."

Last I checked...

???

Back
Top Bottom