US Airways First Class Dresscode

Athletic Casual all day pleighboi......F a chinos and button up :lol:

View media item 368860

This is how a lot of people dress on planes. Its a mix of people in suits/business casual attire and people in ballin' shorts,sweats tees, fitteds etc. As far as the buddy pass dress code, I think that it is because those people are supposedly representing the airline with their appearance.

Last edited:
:lol: Y'all are looking at this in extremes. There is attire that is in-between suits and sweatpants. Personally, I love chino pants (slim fit). Those are my version of sweatpants. Whatever I wear with it is going to look swell. You can wear a hoody with chinos and some chucks and people will give you the "not bad" look. And it's very comfortable (to me). No one says you have to look dapper. Go watch Jenna Marbles video on airports (lol).
You can wear whatever you want, but why be so adamant about wearing bball shorts and sweats to the airport? It's still a public place. You should care a little about how you dress. If I see a chick strutting down the aisle in yoga pants and flip flops, I think that she is selfish because she thinks the plane is her bedroom. But we all riding the plane together. We all owe it to each other to look presentable IMO.

iRyaJtTnQvlrs.gif

Last edited:
As far as the buddy pass dress code, I think that it is because those people are supposedly representing the airline with their appearance.

It's not even supposedly. They are representing their employer. It's not uncommon practice. I'd say I'm surprised people on NT don't understand this, but not really.

As far as the buddy pass dress code, I think that it is because those people are supposedly representing the airline with their appearance.

It's not even supposedly. They are representing their employer. It's not uncommon practice. I'd say I'm surprised people on NT don't understand this, but not really.

We understand it. When I initially posted the thread, I missed the part where they mentioned that they were on a buddy pass. We know that there was no discrimination present, the thread has basically turned into a discussion about airplane fashion attire.

My mother works for Delta, and she has told me several horror stories on how people flying international have been ask to change their clothes or go freshen up due to Body order. If the situation wasn't fix they would bump the person of the flight and they would be paying customers. This goes for people who are drunk as hell before they fly. They airlines have a right to do what they want. If you ever bought a ticket make sure you read the tiny print because once you agree to the terms they have the right to do what they want. Your riding on their plane.

Last edited:
:lol: Y'all are looking at this in extremes. There is attire that is in-between suits and sweatpants. Personally, I love chino pants (slim fit). Those are my version of sweatpants. Whatever I wear with it is going to look swell. You can wear a hoody with chinos and some chucks and people will give you the "not bad" look. And it's very comfortable (to me). No one says you have to look dapper. Go watch Jenna Marbles video on airports (lol).
You can wear whatever you want, but why be so adamant about wearing bball shorts and sweats to the airport? It's still a public place. You should care a little about how you dress. If I see a chick strutting down the aisle in yoga pants and flip flops, I think that she is selfish because she thinks the plane is her bedroom. But we all riding the plane together. We all owe it to each other to look presentable IMO.

http://i.minus.com/iRyaJtTnQvlrs.gif[/quote]

allow me...

dude ERACISM...you mean to tell me if you see this

[img]http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/sexy-yoga-pants-44.jpg?w=500&h=1186
sexy-yoga-pants-8.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-9.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-13.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-29.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-37.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-39.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-51.jpg

in the aisle of the plan the first thing you think of is "man, that girl is selfish" ?

who makes up their own gay test...then fails it?

allow me...

dude ERACISM...you mean to tell me if you see this

sexy-yoga-pants-44.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-8.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-9.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-13.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-29.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-37.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-39.jpg

sexy-yoga-pants-51.jpg

in the aisle of the plan the first thing you think of is "man, that girl is selfish" ?

who makes up their own gay test...then fails it?
Damn, I am yet to see a chick on a flight with me dress like that. If so Im asking someone to switch seats with me. I don't care if I am in first class she in coach

Ewwww flip flops...

Usually dress depending on my arrival time. I'm comfortable in my clothes anyway, regardless. If I know we are going straight to the hotel, track pants/dri fit shirt/Frees, if we are going to dinner before, jeans/chinos and sports shirt/dress shirt. Either way I'm not uncomfortable.

Dudes taking shots at people that wear clothes you can't sleep in, :lol:.

Virgin is awesome, stay on Southwest though... Buddy passes :pimp:

Sweats and flip flops on a flight?....pfffttt ya need to hop on a flight to DR
laugh.gif
women and men looking like they about to hit the club,
back hen I was younger I used to get fresh, now he'll no, I do the sweats, tee and sneakers look....my last flight was 12 hours and I was 3 seconds short of jumping on the plane in PJs

Hell yeah those flights to DR be having straight bad chicks on them.

If you work at Terminal 5 at JFK it is like being in da Heights on a 90 degree day all day every day.

sick.gif

Straight ridiculous outfits chicks be coming through with and you right they look like they about to hit the club or go sell their P.
laugh.gif

i remember i was flying down to DR and i was sitting next to a big booty mami chula broad wit some melons, once she

knew i was dominican too and we talked she asked to sleep on top on me and i kept warm wit her ****
nthat.gif

people dress up for flights??

I understand if it's a business trip but anything else...

it's sweats or basketball shorts + sandals + t-shirt. Makes getting through security a lot easier.

Most of the time I'm flying is for leisure anyway...

not flying to impress anyone.
Dominicans do, I don't know about anyone else in the Caribbeans.
when i was lil my moms used to cop me outfits and kicks JUST to fly.
nthat.gif

people dress up for flights??

I understand if it's a business trip but anything else...

it's sweats or basketball shorts + sandals + t-shirt. Makes getting through security a lot easier.

Most of the time I'm flying is for leisure anyway...

not flying to impress anyone.

Dominicans do, I don't know about anyone else in the Caribbeans.
when i was lil my moms used to cop me outfits and kicks JUST to fly. :nthat:

Do all blacks do this?

Athletic Casual all day pleighboi......F a chinos and button up :lol:

View media item 368860

That's a hoop squad or something, though.

http://i.minus.com/iRyaJtTnQvlrs.gif[/quote]

:rollin :rollin :rollin what is the context of this gif!?!?

[quote="ninjahood, post: 17694995"][quote="Putting In Work, post: 17689920"]
[quote="ksteezy, post: 17689344"]
Sweats and flip flops on a flight?....pffftt[B]t ya need to hop on a flight to DR :lol women and men looking like they about to hit the club,[/B] back hen I was younger I used to get fresh, now he'll no, I do the sweats, tee and sneakers look....my last flight was 12 hours and I was 3 seconds short of jumping on the plane in PJs[/QUOTE]

[B]If you work at Terminal 5 at JFK it is like being in da Heights on a 90 degree day all day every day.[/B]

:x

Straight ridiculous outfits chicks be coming through with and you right they look like they about to hit the club or go sell their P.[/QUOTE]
:lol

i remember i was flying down to DR and i was sitting next to a big booty mami chula broad wit some melons, once she

knew i was dominican too and we talked she asked to sleep on top on me and i kept warm wit her **** :Nthat
[/quote]

Did you smash?

[quote="Ruxxx, post: 17696039"][quote="zapatohead408, post: 17695968"]
Do all blacks do this?[/quote]

:lol[/quote]

:lol :lol

Sweats and flip flops on a flight?....pfffttt ya need to hop on a flight to DR :lol: women and men looking like they about to hit the club, back hen I was younger I used to get fresh, now he'll no, I do the sweats, tee and sneakers look....my last flight was 12 hours and I was 3 seconds short of jumping on the plane in PJs

If you work at Terminal 5 at JFK it is like being in da Heights on a 90 degree day all day every day.

:x

Straight ridiculous outfits chicks be coming through with and you right they look like they about to hit the club or go sell their P.
:lol:

knew i was dominican too and we talked she asked to sleep on top on me and i kept warm wit her **** :nthat:

:pimp:

laugh.gif
Y'all are looking at this in extremes. There is attire that is in-between suits and sweatpants. Personally, I love chino pants (slim fit). Those are my version of sweatpants. Whatever I wear with it is going to look swell. You can wear a hoody with chinos and some chucks and people will give you the "not bad" look. And it's very comfortable (to me). No one says you have to look dapper. Go watch Jenna Marbles video on airports (lol).

Why does this rule only apply to airplanes? Why not trains, boats, subways, or buses?  Why not every public place?

BRB...gotta get my tux dry cleaned for when I go to the grocery store this weekend.

This is so stupid to me...my cousin works for Alaska Airlines and the same thing applies....they need to just deal with it

Whats wrong with being comfortable when flying? You're stuck in a metal tube for long hours at a time, and you obviously want to be comfortable. I do agree there should be a limit to how comfortable you should get, but when I fly, most of the time on Virgin America :smokin I haven't seen a problem. When I fly I usually wear sweats/basketball shorts depending on weather, shirt with a hoodie and some sneakers.

Dressing to the occasion =/= raised right.

I've discussed this here before. Lot of these superficial younger cats today equate maturity with dress for some reason. It's YOLO, SWAG and live with their moms, spend more on clothes than their car or living situation, study fashion/celebs on the internet all day but they put on a slim suit or some tight rolled up highwater jeans, some moccasins and a polo talmbout they are "grown man status" and all that nonsense.
I wouldn't care who I end up sitting next to, if they're going to judge me based on the clothes I chose to wear on an airplane.
grin.gif
There's a way to dress comfortably and still look presentable to the world. Put a little effort into it and leave the athletic pants for exercising. What do sweatpants even look like these days? We're not talking about those heavy cotton things, are we?
sick.gif
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  So if a male isn't impressed by a female that's trying to get any attention, then he's not impressed.  Simple as that

I thought a business casualish fit is expected if flying business.

Yup, but it's Niketalk so it's a race issue.

Everyone here is arguing that people on planes wear comfy clothes, but we're not talking about coach here we're talking about first class.

There are expectations when flying first class, but I think for them to be denied to fly is ridiculous.

I'm not saying I blame them either, I would be in comfy clothes as well.

Last edited:

I really wish Meth and Co would warn/ban people who clearly not only havent read a single reply in the thread but who dont even read the OP (or in this case watch the whole video) before commenting

This thread is 5 pages of idiots giving their personal experience of flying or seeing people "dressed down" in frist class but that isn't the issue at hand and the end of the video explained that.

I swear its like lots of members only ready the thread title and go strait to the quick comment box to give their dumba** opinion.

Last edited:
Yup, but it's Niketalk so it's a race issue.

Everyone here is arguing that people on planes wear comfy clothes, but we're not talking about coach here we're talking about first class.

There are expectations when flying first class, but I think for them to be denied to fly is ridiculous.

I'm not saying I blame them either, I would be in comfy clothes as well.

Yeah denying them to fly, especially with other people wearing jeans is ridiculous. And it can be called racism and is something disgusting from the part of the airline.

However like you said it's business and regardless of the length of the flight or whatever there are certain standards one has to meet, I don't really understand why NT has a problem with that. I don't think one goes to a 5 star restaurant dressed the same as they would to Subway, the case is similar.

My worst encounter was people wearing jeans at the Opera, that for me is a black tie event, no question and in that case I do agree that one who can't meet such social standards and conventions (as debatable as they may be) shouldn't be allowed to view the performance....

Back
Top Bottom