US and Isreal disagree on Iran becoming "inpregnable"

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Boyz Noize, Saddam use to kill Kurds. He thought they were inferior to his people. He stopped doing it after the first desert storm though which is why people we're opposed to us going in for the second time around but, supported us going in for the first desert storm. Saddam killed a lot of people through starvation also.
Yes, there is no denying that Saddam ruled with an iron-fist. The point I'm trying to make is that he kept the country united (through fear or intimidation maybe but united nonetheless.) Would the Iraqi people have revolted on their own had the Arab Spring happened while Saddam was still in power? Maybe so. I'm saying though that the United States had no right to go in there and topple the regime and, looking back now, it was a terrible mistake. This open warfare between Sunni and Shi'a is happening directly due to our efforts.
And again, even though Saddam killed a lot of people, the resulting civilian casualties in Iraq from the war easily eclipse Saddam's death toll.

False Flag coming soon...

The U.S. is responsible for killing millions Iraqis due to their sanctions that didn't allow food and medical supplies to get into Iraq in the 1990's.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Boyz Noize, Saddam use to kill Kurds. He thought they were inferior to his people. He stopped doing it after the first desert storm though which is why people we're opposed to us going in for the second time around but, supported us going in for the first desert storm. Saddam killed a lot of people through starvation also.
Yes, there is no denying that Saddam ruled with an iron-fist. The point I'm trying to make is that he kept the country united (through fear or intimidation maybe but united nonetheless.) Would the Iraqi people have revolted on their own had the Arab Spring happened while Saddam was still in power? Maybe so. I'm saying though that the United States had no right to go in there and topple the regime and, looking back now, it was a terrible mistake. This open warfare between Sunni and Shi'a is happening directly due to our efforts.
And again, even though Saddam killed a lot of people, the resulting civilian casualties in Iraq from the war easily eclipse Saddam's death toll.

Easy to say in hindsight, but we were lied to, as soon as we attacked, it was our fate.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Easy to say in hindsight, but we were lied to, as soon as we attacked, it was our fate.
Of course. We can't change what we did in Iraq but we can attempt to not repeat these same damn mistakes. Bush Jr. will go down in history as one of the worst US presidents this country has ever seen. He'll be right down there along with Woodrow Wilson. 

Back
Top Bottom