US Government Headed to Shutdown

It's a lot that can be done besides a wall.

Flint still has poor water conditions
California is still recovering/smoldering from the wildfires
The Carolinas are still recovering from Hurricane Florence
Florida panhandle still recovering from the Hurricane Michael

Honestly, I'm ready to get back to being paid. As a Probation Officer who is a federal employee, it sucks having to go to work and not get paid. A lot of us were told to forfeit our leave during the holiday season (use or lose), and report to work while Some took the L and are furloughed. At least the ones who came to work will be get retro pay but it takes a while to get it. Not to mention the PP ends next Saturday which means on 1/11/19 a lot of Fed Employees WONT get paid.

This actually can spur a recession for tbh.

It's a lot that can be done besides a wall.

Flint still has poor water conditions
California is still recovering/smoldering from the wildfires
The Carolinas are still recovering from Hurricane Florence
Florida panhandle still recovering from the Hurricane Michael

Honestly, I'm ready to get back to being paid. As a Probation Officer who is a federal employee, it sucks having to go to work and not get paid. A lot of us were told to forfeit our leave during the holiday season (use or lose), and report to work while Some took the L and are furloughed. At least the ones who came to work will be get retro pay but it takes a while to get it. Not to mention the PP ends next Saturday which means on 1/11/19 a lot of Fed Employees WONT get paid.

The majority of America lives paycheck to paycheck, one more week can do a ton of damage. Republicans have full control and insist on trolling as time is ticking.

First time in a few years of these shutdowns that I am not affected.

My previous work site is affected and I would have been billing LWOP if I was still there.

If republicans want to stay republicans and continue to support the morons in their party that make their lives more difficult and don’t care about them then there’s no hope for them.

I'm just wondering how long they expect to people up work and not get paid. I bet the big dogs I'm government aren't affected.

I'm just wondering how long they expect to people up work and not get paid. I bet the big dogs I'm government aren't affected.
Another week max at this rate. Going on two weeks, some insitutions are already becoming short staffed and are forced to close.

They’re already rich so none of this matter to them. At worst they MIGHT have to cancel the 3rd vacation. Most likely not though thank white American Jesus

Still shutdown, looks like people will be getting tax returns at least but possibly with major delays with mass call outs.

How do you like being a PO for the Feds? I looked into it, applied, had an interview, but didn't take the job because I didn't want to go to FLETC. Ended up taking another job.

Was just told we will be getting paid for the month of January still. February is in question. Just started working for the Feds in November. What a way to start this career. lol. Family is batting down the hatches.

Just a quick summary for those just joining us:

-Trump is lying about the reason we need one

-He previously promised Mexico was gonna pay for it

-We literally can't build a wall on the border.

- Even if we tried by moving it inward on the American side, it would cost way more that 5.7 billion

-He Trump tanked an immigration deal a while back that could have given him more funding for this stupid wall.

-Senate and House have already agree voted on a bill to fund the government. McConnell just does not want to bring it up for a second vote because it would embarrass Trump. He would have to veto it and the votes would be there to override it

-Trump right bow I scamming his supporters by telling them send money for the wall but it is actually going to his reelection campaign.

Some people don't want to entertain a scam by this bigoted piece of **** any longer.

right there with ya :lol:

but nancy and chuck aint helping they need to get on out the house we can do better than them two
Imo, Nancy is cool. But Chuck gotta go

Last edited:
Trump should've took da wall for DACA deal..that was literally solid..25 billion.

insisting on raise act language doomed its passage.

I've legit been off work for 2 weeks cause this dumbass wants to build a wall.

Last edited:
on da flip side, dems being petty just to be so at this point....5 bill is literally nothing.

on da flip side, dems being petty just to be so at this point....5 bill is literally nothing.
Don’t see how they can give 5 bill for the wall
But claim universal healthcare is impossible
Or clean water for flint is too costly
Country be so full of it
Sitting in our high horse
When we just as rotten as the rest of en

Back
Top Bottom