US Government Headed to Shutdown

i am a sub, and the prime told me to not show up tomorrow...wondering if the prime folks have to go in

Is SOS still open tomorrow or while the government is shut down?

Should have renewed my **** on time now this happens :smh:

due to policy I gotta drive up to work tomorrow only for them to tell me to go back home due to the shut down SMH :smh::smh:
Contractor here with the federal government.

Told us we have to go to work normal time, shutdown our equipment and leave 3 hours later.

Man, what? And they aren’t trying to pay y’all for showing up? They can kiss my a**, especially if you have to use PTO just to get paid :smh:.

DoD employee checking in.

15 years in, im ready to bounce, tired of this ****. ill pick up those last 5 before i retire.

Our government was designed with checks and balances, but Congress being able to shut the government down without any skin in the game is a clear oversight.

we need to implement some sort of a lock-in, where Congress cannot leave the floor until a long term budget resolution is reached?

I want to suggest some sort of pay freeze that includes Congress but these guys are living so high on the hog I doubt freezing their pay would produce any results.

there also needs to be provisions implemented where there cannot be 3 consecutive short term budget solutions.
Even if they had to stay locked in
Wouldn’t it be worse
Wouldn’t they just ok any old budget just to get things moving
And not a actual reliable one???
Curious about that

Will be drinking the moment I step into the office to probably after 5pm since places are having HH specials

I'm essential personnel...but all leave is cancelled for the duration of the shutdown

Contractor here, last time we just had to work through it since contract money is prepaid anyways. My current crap *** company doesn't even give us pto until we hit 1yr and I'll be damned if I am taking leave without pay. I know the other IT contracting company sent out an email saying only if your building is closed do you have to take pto

I support the Federal Government too and we are fully funded to keep on working.

Everything here looks like a regular monday morning

I’m supposed to be moving to England at the end of the month. Hopefully this get figured out soon. Not trying to PCS with no check while I travel.

Too bad USPS doesn't shut down with the rest of the government.. **** would really hit the fan.

Too bad USPS doesn't shut down with the rest of the government.. **** would really hit the fan.

I believe it wouldnt because TECHNICALLY its really not supported by the government or most important tax dollars

This is my first rodeo. Went in at 7, acknowledged the letter, and went to breakfast with a couple of coworkers :lol:

Let’s see how long this lasts

I'm in the Navy and the younger cats on my team are starting to freak out a little bit because last time the gov shut down they at least passed legislation to keep paying us, but Mitch McConnell kindly punted on that this time around. Me and my family are straight, but it is the young military members whom I am concerned about because they didn't, nor did anyone else do anything to deserve this. We're in the middle of a mission now, so everything concerning our ship is paid for, port visit(s), planned maintenance, etc....., but if something major breaks, which is why we're kind of in a different port now, we just kind of have to sit it out.

came into the office today and to my surprise, all my colleagues were working..

the rumor is they're sending us home at 12...

Back
Top Bottom