US Government Headed to Shutdown

White House shutdown strategy: Keep Trump contained
http://on-ajc.com/2rsHeIs

DUOrmqDW0AA5oVn.jpg

We still not out of the woods yet on this. If the deal that they agreed to Wednesday doesn’t go through then we are looking at another shutdown.

another shut down may be incoming....

they need to make a deal by midnight today.

again,

Our government was designed with checks and balances, but Congress being able to shut the government down without any skin in the game is a clear oversight.

we need to implement some sort of a lock-in, where Congress cannot leave the floor until a long term budget resolution is reached

I want to suggest some sort of pay freeze that includes Congress but these guys are living so high on the hog I doubt freezing their pay would produce any results.

there also needs to be provisions implemented where there cannot be 3 consecutive short term budget solutions.

Current bill proposal, republicans are asking for so much more b.s. funding, it's being laughed out of the building (by other republicans).

Add-in that democrats are not budging on DACA being resolved (which shouldn't have anything to do with funding the government, IMO), and this is where we are. This is what happens when, for decades you (congress) allow riders to be added into bills that have nothing to do with the original intent of the bill

i just started a new position earlier this week, but have not been able to accrue any PTO, so prolly gonna take leave w/o pay, sucks but im hoping its only a day...

I'm in limbo. I already put in my 2 weeks and onboarded for my new spot, whos going to pay me??

2 of my good friends may be affected. I was on the usaf reserve last time it happened in 13. This is beyond ridiculous.

looks like we bout to start sending people home for the weekend....

Federal folks get the pay they’re missing at a later date right? Hell, I’d welcome a few days off if that’s the case. :lol:

That said, it’s definitely not worth the disruption to the lives of all that rely on the fed government, whether it be salary or services.

Federal folks get the pay they’re missing at a later date right? Hell, I’d welcome a few days off if that’s the case. :lol:

That said, it’s definitely not worth the disruption to the lives of all that rely on the fed government, whether it be salary or services.

true. but ppl got bills to pay on time so they cant wait for a later date. it affects not just employees, but also contractors as well.

had to come into work today... waiting to hear from management to send us home.

Its really not that bad for actual permananet position employees.
It affects contractors the hardest in the pocket.
It also affects people in the hiring process pipelines...everything gets put on hold for new hires unfortunately.
As for us we simply wont get paid on leave till later....so if you have scheduled leave or wanna take sick leave its wise to cancel
because you will receive pretty much a zero/lwop for those days...and be reimbursed later after the shutdown is over.
Us essential personnel....mission/operation critical jobs still gotta show up to work, but the same leave/sick leaves rules apply to us.

That whole..."you won't get paid at all for the shutdown duration"...is all fear mongering BS.

People need to stop with that...

Back
Top Bottom