USPS to End Saturday Mail Delivery By Aug. 1

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — The U.S. Postal Service is discontinuing delivery of first class mail on Saturdays by August 1. Priority mail and packages will still be delivered six days a week.

The move is expected to save the financially struggling USPS around $2 billion annually.

While delivery of traditional mail has declined steadily, shipment of packages has risen by 14 percent since 2010, the Associate Press reports.

The agency will formally announce plans during a Wednesday press conference.

SOURCE: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/02/06/usps-to-end-saturday-mail-delivery-to-end-by-aug-1/

I think the press conference is scheduled for 10:00AM EST today to announce...

Last edited:
I once had a package that was scheduled to be delivered on Monday, get delivered on Sunday. I took my dog out for a walk and was mind blown when I saw it sitting there.

just heard this on the radio this morning, just no paper mail. packages still going out though. not too too bad...

USPS is too deep in the red for this to even matter. They already stopped hiring FT workers in an effort to not spend anymore, but you have many inefficient workers staying on because of the benefits provided. Even with that said, the USPS is still better than UPS and FedEx. Courier services suck so bad here.

Doesnt really affect anything unless you buy from one of them Lames who say "3-day priority shipping" then when you look up the tracking # its parcel service or some **** :smh:

Not that big of a deal as long as it doesn't affect priority mail. It'll save em 2 billion so that's good too.

Doesnt really affect anything unless you buy from one of them Lames who say "3-day priority shipping" then when you look up the tracking # its parcel service or some ****
mean.gif
Parcel doesn't exist no more
nthat.gif

they should charge those idiots who clog up peoples mailboxes with useless junkmail..

charging those companies extra will get em some revenue.

It's hard work that nobody appreciates anymore..a lot of people slack off at my office but alot of people work hard and it's about to get real(and I am a ft carrier) with this happening to me I am definately going back to school and looking for a second job now( even though we have six months before the cut) this will be the death of the p.o. But saw it coming because we have the most inept supervisors and the most inept pmg that is not even trying to fight to get the prefunded money back from congress and he won't take a pay cut just like the rest of the dead weight supervisors that do nothing but sit on their ***** all day... It's maddening the things we go through but people don't get it and it is mad stressful the pressure to get stuff done right and a couple of bad apples have spoiled the bunch but I wish people knew what we go through on a daily basis before the dumb troll statements /rant

Back
Top Bottom