UVA Mens Lax player charged w. first-degree murder of UVA female Lax player....

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

He wont be getting off of this one. This will be very ugly.
He better never be a free man again. You were right about the emails. !++$+** even tried to steal her computer to get rid of the emails.
Seems that not only did he do all of this, he admitted to it AFTER he was read the Miranda rights.
Apparently he admitted to kicking down her door, slamming her head against the wall, and then stealing her computer. Don't see how he'd ever be a free man again, unless his fam is connected at the highest levels in VA. 

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What exactly were in these emails...?

Itll all come out eventually, but I am pretty confident in saying things went down like this...

She broke up with him midweek because he had a history of abuse
He sent emails saying how he was going to kill her
His dad came down for the weekend tried to talk him straight and they got in a screaming match
George took a bunch of valium, xanax, did a bunch of coke and went over to the her house
Kicked in the door, beat her to death, left and went home
Was arrested in the morning and waived his miranda rights

NOW, there are several things that his lawyers will try to do. They will say it was an accident that occurred during sex (one way of playing it) and they will also say that they cant use his confession because he was too yakked out for it to be admitted into court. In all honesty, any defense will be moot because of the emails he sent and the fact that he tried to destroy her computer.

Either way, George is going to jail for a very very long time and with a Murder 1 charge, it is very possible he could get the death penalty.

Itll all come out eventually, but I am pretty confident in saying things went down like this...

His dad came down for the weekend tried to talk him straight and they got in a screaming match
George took a bunch of valium, xanax, did a bunch of coke and went over to the her house

NOW, there are several things that his lawyers will try to do. They will say it was an accident that occurred during sex (one way of playing it) and they will also say that they cant use his confession because he was too yakked out for it to be admitted into court. In all honesty, any defense will be moot because of the emails he sent and the fact that he tried to destroy her computer.

Either way, George is going to jail for a very very long time and with a Murder 1 charge, it is very possible he could get the death penalty.

Jesus Christ....

smh.gif

Wow...
Best (worst) part of this? Apparently a lot of people were aware of the threats and brushed them off.
I definitely believe that. If he was remedial enough to send her emails of that nature, I don't doubt for a second that he told all kinds of people, maybe Twittered about it mid-murder...

the threats alone aren't enough to establish murder 1.  especially if he did all of this under the influence of narcotics.

if the way you mapped things out is true, then it might depend on what he said to his father when they spoke.  but you're not going to get the dad to testify against his son.

me sending you an email saying "i want to kill you" by itself isnt enough to establish premeditation though.  especially if the act occurred during a heated and extremely intoxicated altercation.  he had no business being in her home though, and when you consider the prior history of abuse, they'll definitely get him on murder 2.  depending how good of a defense attorney he gets (since he's already waived his miranda rights and implicated himself in the act, they're going to have to argue it was a crime of passion and not at all his intention) or whatever plea bargain (if any) he's offered they might knock it down to manslaughter.

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n...death_threats_computer_taken_in_search/55743/

Please bring on capital murder charges.

Best (worst) part of this? Apparently a lot of people were aware of the threats and brushed them off.

I wont get into what qualifies as a Capital Murder charge, but the short of it, though, is that a capital requires more than firstdegree murder. Virginia law has enumerated a set of aggravatingcircumstances that can trigger a capital charge, and none yet appearimplicated here. That said, there could be facts we don't yet know thatchange this, but all in all, its highly unlikely.

I hope you are right homeboy but justice works differently for those who can afford a high priced lawyer.   Look up Robert Chambers and/or the Preppy Murder.  That case still disturbs me...dude brutally killed a chick in central park and pled to manslaughter based off the same sort of defense I think this dudes lawyers is going to use.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n...death_threats_computer_taken_in_search/55743/

Please bring on capital murder charges.

When you say "a lot of people" are you insinuating her friends, or worse,....administration? 
We shall see. I'm aware of friends/teammates, possibly on both sides, who may have been aware.

If anybody higher knew of the threats, I don't want to be around here when it comes out.

This is absolutely infuriating to me.

hope he gets raped and killed in jail ... rich punk %@@ lax kid hopped up on drugs going to Landon and UVA thinkin hes the @*** ... ive never met one humanely decent lax player in my life except paul rabil and he was just a cool %@@ dude ... they are all either pot heads or rich %!%$$$$ ...

Originally Posted by JinKazama

I hope you are right homeboy but justice works differently for those who can afford a high priced lawyer.   Look up Robert Chambers and/or the Preppy Murder.  That case still disturbs me...dude brutally killed a chick in central park and pled to manslaughter based off the same sort of defense I think this dudes lawyers is going to use.

If you want to play the whole "high price lawyer" game, and play into the stereotypes that come with being from Bethesda, going to Landon and playing lax at Uva, I can tell you that murdering a girl who is from the same type background is not going to go over very well. Also, comparing the judicial system in New York City to that of C-Ville, Virginia is foolish.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

hope he gets raped and killed in jail ... rich punk %@@ lax kid hopped up on drugs going to Landon and UVA thinkin hes the @*** ... ive never met one humanely decent lax player in my life except paul rabil and he was just a cool %@@ dude ... they are all either pot heads or rich %!%$$$$ ...
So what, not everyone is poor, blanket statements are pretty foolish. These kids get it force fed into them that they are the +%*+ from a young age when playing lacrosse. It is no different than poor kids playing basketball going to a D1 school and acting like idiots.

So what, not everyone is poor, blanket statements are pretty foolish. These kids get it force fed into them that they are the %!*# from a young age when playing lacrosse. It is no different than poor kids playing basketball going to a D1 school and acting like idiots. ]

Please don't take it there, and that is absolutely false.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

So what, not everyone is poor, blanket statements are pretty foolish. These kids get it force fed into them that they are the %!*# from a young age when playing lacrosse. It is no different than poor kids playing basketball going to a D1 school and acting like idiots. ]

Please don't take it there, and that is absolutely false.
Not sure how the comparison isnt valid. Such a blanket statement warrented that kind of response.

If you want to play the whole "high price lawyer" game, and play into the stereotypes that come with being from Bethesda, going to Landon and playing lax at Uva, I can tell you that murdering a girl who is from the same type background is not going to go over very well. Also, comparing the judicial system in New York City to that of C-Ville, Virginia is foolish.

Dude you seriously need to get over yourself...nobody is playin to any stereotypes or singling out the rich kids from "Bethesda, who went to Langdon and play at Uva."  Do you really think cats on this board know or care that much...
eyes.gif
  The kids lawyer came out and said, "this was a tragic accident" which reminded me of the preppy murder case...PERIOD.

Stick to the topic at hand homie and get your emotions off your sleave.

Honestly, every single high level lacrosse player I've ever met definately loves some drugs. They are the ultimate "I do what I want" headcase athletes. I know this obviously isn't the reality of 100% of lacrosse players, but the number of d-bags in lacrosse far outweighs the number of good guys. I can deal with some "pot heads" because hell I consider myself one. Its the guys that are down for a different drug every day of the week that annoy the %#@# out of me. The college atmosphere definately play into this mentality as well.

Also, this is why I swear prescription drugs are not to be messed with, especially xanax. I hear different stories every week of kids taking bars and finding out a day later that they did all types of %$$# they would never do sober. I consider myself pretty well experimented with drugs and I can tell you that coke really won't make you act outside of what you normally would do. Xanax and Valium on the other hand will make you just blackout and have no control your over actions. Add this to the adrenaline rushes of coke and the emotional trauma the kid must have been going through and you definately have a dangerous/ possibibly violent combination.

nobody is playin to any stereotypes or singling out the rich kids from "Bethesda, who went to Langdon and play at Uva."  
i am ... it is what it is ... punk !%+ rich kids from bethesda who played lax at Landon and UVA ... i interviewed for a job in Bethesda and walked out ... i was over qualified for the job but the people who live there are above my pay grade, so to speak ...

nobody is playin to any stereotypes or singling out the rich kids from "Bethesda, who went to Langdon and play at Uva."  
i am ... it is what it is ... punk !%+ rich kids from bethesda who played lax at Landon and UVA ... i interviewed for a job in Bethesda and walked out ... i was over qualified for the job but the people who live there are above my pay grade, so to speak ...
laugh.gif

Seems you're mad about people who have more money than you over any other issue, namely a person murdering another person.

laugh.gif
yes, a lot of lax kids are douchebags.. but this goes beyond just being a d-bag or lax player, this kid was obviously messed up in the head.

Wow to people with knowledge just "brushing" the e-mails off, that's the messed up part.

my friend plays on the softball team, told me this was just one out of many instances where dude got out of hand and many people said it was only a matter of time before it escalated to this.

RIP to the girl
frown.gif

if he gets anything but 1st degree there's a problem, whether he was on drugs or not.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Seems you're mad about people who have more money than you over any other issue, namely a person murdering another person.
yea, i noticed that as well.

Back
Top Bottom