v6 or v8 in muscle car.

Get what u like don't worry sbout what others might say. 2011 v6 mustang has more up than like a 2010 v8 mustang lol. The new charger v6 is good. I drive a muscle car with sn automatic and I love it

Muscle cars are about going fast in a straight line so get the big engine. If you want a sports car though a v6 with a supercharger does the trick just fine.

i always wanted to try driving a v8 muscle car. but if it's a daily then get the v6. or better yet, test drive both and see what fits your needs more (not what you like more because obviously it'll be the v8)

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Muscle cars are about going fast in a straight line so get the big engine. If you want a sports car though a v6 with a supercharger does the trick just fine.

http://jalopnik.com/5846922/camaro-zl1-laps-nurburgring-in-74127
General Motors North American President Mark Reuss just claimed that the Chevy Camaro ZL1 has lapped the Nürburgring's Nordschleife in 7:41:27. That time places theupcoming top-of-the-line Camaro ZL1 a few tenths quicker than the Lamborghini MurciÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]lago LP670-4 SV. Not bad, GM

2012_chevrolet_camaro_zl1-live_top-2.jpg

Beats this 
Lamborghini_Murcielago_SV_Live.JPG

In a NONE straight line

true, until turbo chargers were getting more popular and superchargers. 

Turbo/SC > N/A in terms of making horsepower. racing wise on a track N/A & SC >Turbo....unless it has anti-lag 
happy.gif

v8's arent that scary. think about it. an sti or evo have 4 cylinder turbos, and can blow them away. With less horsepower. American cars are heavy, so they need the v8 power to make it quicker. fords ecoboost motors are faster then their v8 motors by a long shot. v6 turbos> v8 hands down. look at V6 turbos in the past. 300zx TT, 3000gt vr-4, GT-R and past skylines, N54 (335i), porsche turbos, audi S4 (b6) new ones are supercharged. 

V8 = gas, higher insurance premium. If you got it and you want it, do it. But don't do it because you're worried bout what others think. If you car is clean and you have pride in it, who cares.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

http://jalopnik.com/5846922/camaro-zl1-laps-nurburgring-in-74127
General Motors North American President Mark Reuss just claimed that the Chevy Camaro ZL1 has lapped the Nürburgring's Nordschleife in 7:41:27. That time places theupcoming top-of-the-line Camaro ZL1 a few tenths quicker than the Lamborghini MurciÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]lago LP670-4 SV. Not bad, GM

That's crazy
eek.gif
eek.gif

I didn't know the ZL1 was that quick. But then again, Lamborghinis really aren't the greatest performance/track cars
ohwell.gif

I have a 2009 v6 charger and I would be lying if I said I didnt want the v8. Unfortunately, financially it wasnt really an option at the time.

Decided to go with the v6 in the meantime for my daily use. I'm going to try and work my way up to an RT later on.

It's your money.

Girls aren't going to top you off because you drive a V8 as opposed to a V6 and if you're paying more per month to impress some dudes...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

My first 2 cars were 4 cylinder pieces of trash. I bought a V8...meh. Not that serious to me. I went crazy and got mad speeding tickets. Matter of fact...I really didn't go too crazy. Cops just loved pulling my %@! over. I ended up grabbing a V6 Charger with low miles instead of the trashed V8 models with high miles that I saw. I travel a lot and I don't even want that power anymore. It's ultimately pointless. I'm not a racer.

To each their own.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

true, until turbo chargers were getting more popular and superchargers. 

Turbo/SC > N/A in terms of making horsepower. racing wise on a track N/A & SC >Turbo....unless it has anti-lag 
happy.gif

v8's arent that scary. think about it. an sti or evo have 4 cylinder turbos, and can blow them away. With less horsepower. American cars are heavy, so they need the v8 power to make it quicker. fords ecoboost motors are faster then their v8 motors by a long shot. v6 turbos> v8 hands down. look at V6 turbos in the past. 300zx TT, 3000gt vr-4, GT-R and past skylines, N54 (335i), porsche turbos, audi S4 (b6) new ones are supercharged. 
In terms of what?

I'm in that dielma now trying to choose between a v6 or a v8 Mustang 2004........, I really want a damn mustang but others are steering me away because it's a Ford... I get the it's unreliable car waste of money I have about 8500 , saved up that's all I can afford on a car cash and really don't want to entertain the idea of making payments I rather pay for it and just own it < I almost went for a 2005 camry for 6500 lol, But I know the day I get it I will still look at every mustang like damn I should've bought one of them :/ so I'll just take my chances with mustang

DO NOT GET IT WITHOUT THE HEMI!!!! get something else if you are finding yourself leaning towards the V6

I don't see a FOUR DOOR car as a muscle car... Never have never will..
That's like copping a four door chevelle and taking it to the drag strip.. Odds are you won't see that happen..

But OP cop the v6 man!!!.. One of my older 40+ year old cousin once told me that "Once you stop worrying what people think of you, then you can actually start enjoying life!" "We actually buy things with other people in mind, otherwise we would buy Kmart clothes without a second thought."

But I would tell you to go with the 2011 model if you could becuz the HP I believe is about 70something HP's from the v8... And it comes with duals..

your wasting your bred copping a V-6

i cant stand dudes who try to stunt with a V-6 when the v-8 is an option.

cop one a few years old and get the better model.

if you want a v6 w/ real performance go import i got a v6 that would smash some of those v8s out there

if your in hawaii holla at me

Get what you can afford bro. Dont get yourself in a financial hole that you dont have to be in.

But as said before the only vehicle that can have a v6 and be considered a muscle car is a Buick GN. Also nothing beats that V8 sound.

I love my 6.1 V8 SRT Jeep.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by feb171963

That's like copping a four door chevelle and taking it to the drag strip.. Odds are you won't see that happen..

But OP cop the v6 man!!!.. One of my older 40+ year old cousin once told me that "Once you stop worrying what people think of you, then you can actually start enjoying life!" "We actually buy things with other people in mind, otherwise we would buy Kmart clothes without a second thought."

But I would tell you to go with the 2011 model if you could becuz the HP I believe is about 70something HP's from the v8... And it comes with duals..
Muscle car looks, muscle car engine, the two extra doors are a bonus
pimp.gif
     when my 4 door "grocery getter/muscle car" smashes on sports cars much lighter then it, then you will see why people love the srt charger

Originally Posted by feb171963

this. How the hell is the charger not even available in 2 door option? That's just insane. I've been raised to believe that a 4 door car is grandpa's car.
that ZL1 Camaro is my all time dream car. Someday I will own it.

Back
Top Bottom