Variety Sex Marriage vol. Polygamy, you next

I would like someone to break down how this would work legally.

Because I get the feeling that people think it will work just as easy as any other form of marriage. But all I see is potential cluster ***** all over the place

The only legal issue I see is if there needs to be a decision to pull the plug on a husband's deathbed and 2-3 wives can't agree.

Taxes - Fill out Schedule P for each wife.

Inheritance - divide it by the wives if there is no will.

Health Insurance - you pay extra for each wife, just like people pay more for kids.

Brah marriage provides couples with way more rights than that, example:

Tax Benefits
Filing joint income tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities.
Creating a "family partnership" under federal tax laws, which allows you to divide business income among family members.
Estate Planning Benefits
Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.
Government Benefits
Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
Receiving public assistance benefits.
Employment Benefits
Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse's close relatives dies.
Medical Benefits
Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.
Death Benefits
Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.
Making burial or other final arrangements.
Family Benefits
Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.
Applying for joint foster care rights.
Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.
Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.
Housing Benefits
Living in neighborhoods zoned for "families only."
Automatically renewing leases signed by your spouse.
Consumer Benefits
Receiving family rates for health, homeowners', auto, and other types of insurance.
Receiving tuition discounts and permission to use school facilities.
Other consumer discounts and incentives offered only to married couples or families.
Other Legal Benefits and Protections
Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

Plus since married couples share everything then you gotta figure out if the a person wants to add an addition spouse, do the other spouses have to agree to the new marriage since it effects property claims. But then you get to how you share the estate in times of divorce.

I could go on an on about potential scenarios.

Their would need to be extensive new legislation to make this work smoothly

But the majority of these examples above would not significantly change with multiple wives. Most of the examples you gave are situations people already go through when they have a kid or additional kids like adding them to insurance, inheritance, and taxes.

The legislation is easy for most of these situations except for pulling the plug for a dying spouse.

^^^ I completely disagree that it would be simple

And your only thinking of it as a dude with multiple wives. What if a man has 4 wives, had each of those wives have 4 different husbands and each husband has four different wives. Those scenarios are what I'm talking about

Last edited:
Yeah some of you guys don't eem believe in marriage in the first place, you mean to tell me it's easier to handle 3 wives as opposed to one?... :rollin

Ha just wanna have multiple yambs on deck, once again, you don't need marriage to do that

I would like someone to break down how this would work legally.

Because I get the feeling that people think it will work just as easy as any other form of marriage. But all I see is potential cluster ***** all over the place

But when one of the girls divorces you because you caught her cheating does she get 65% of your stuff, all the kids, unreasonable alimony, and child supportmore alimony from everyone or just yours?

What if the next wife divorces you because **** it "why not" its easy to divorce because she is a woman anyway. Does she get half of whats left? Or how does that work?

Last edited:
Montana man seeks license for second wife

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/Montana-man-seeks-license-for-second-wife-311337121.html

A Montana man said Wednesday that he was inspired by last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage to apply for a marriage license so that he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine applied at the Yellowstone County Courthouse in Billings on Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage. Montana, like all 50 states, outlaws bigamy - holding multiple marriage licenses - but Collier said he plans to sue if the application is denied.

"It's about marriage equality," Collier told The Associated Press Wednesday. "You can't have this without polygamy."

County clerk officials initially denied Collier's application, then said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer, Collier said.

Officials at the clerk's office did not have an immediate comment, and Yellowstone County Attorney Scott Twito did not return a call for comment.

The Supreme Court's ruling on Friday made gay marriages legal nationwide. Chief Justice John Roberts said in his dissent that people in polygamous relationships could make the same legal argument that not having the opportunity to marry disrespects and subordinates them.

Collier, 46, said that dissent inspired him. He owns a refrigeration business in Billings and married Victoria, 40, in 2000. He and his second wife, Christine, had a religious wedding ceremony in 2007 but did not sign a marriage license to avoid bigamy charges, he said.

Collier said he is a former Mormon who was excommunicated for polygamy and now belongs to no religious organization. He said he and his wives hid their relationship for years, but became tired of hiding and went public by appearing on the reality cable television show "Sister Wives."

CBS affiliate KTVQ first interviewed the couple back in January when they appeared on TLC.

"We just want to add legal legitimacy to an already happy, strong, loving family," Nathan Collier told KTVQ.

KTVQ reports that as the two filled out their marriage application they were met with questions.

"There's a spot on there where you put the dissolution date of your previous marriage and we put not applicable," said Christine Collier.

Some employees at the courthouse were even caught off guard.

"So, are you legally married, you didn't get divorced?" asked one clerk.

"We're not even asking for acceptance, we're just asking for tolerance. Let us live our lives together without fear," said Nathan Collier.

The three have seven children of their own and from previous relationships.

"My second wife Christine, who I'm not legally married to, she's put up with my crap for a lot of years. She deserves legitimacy," he said.

The thought of watching it play out as people split assets 3 ways... :rollin

Last edited:
Doubling up your medical bills
Splitting that divorce 3 ways
Feeding double the mouths
Child support from 2 girls off the gate nah man you can have all that.

In Nigeria Polygamy works under a few conditions. The man has to be wealthy enough to financially support all wives up to 4. The man must try his best to allocate the same amount of time to each wife to the best of his ability. Also you literally have to have the mindset to have a healthy relationship with 1 let alone 4. A couple of my uncles have multiple wives but they are all beyond wealthy. They all sent their multiple children over seas to pursue masters degrees and PhD's 8o.

I honestly doing see it working here in the states.

Last edited:
Big Love Wins by The Brilliant Idiots | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Andrew Schulz and Charlamagne Tha God discuss the week's events. Jared from Subway being a pedophile, Ashley Madison website being hacked, should polygamy be legal and more!!!!

Make sure you have another residence on deck during each 'time of the month'. Eventually they will all sync up, and it'll be your own personal "Bad Girls Club" .

Back
Top Bottom