Verizon iPhone Launch Vol. Mass Hysteria

I don't understand you people dishing out $400 year...after year..after year to get MINUSCULE upgrades in a device. Not hating on the iphone, but come on....buy a phone that's with or at least ahead of the technology curve.

Verizon's network speeds suck..they are just going to get worse with more users.

And most people on Verizon only care about the voice reliability aka business users. They don't give a damn about a iphone, lol.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by RFX45

Well duh!
Point is in 6 months when people have the iphone5 people could easily say "I'm waiting for the iphone6, it's only a year away".
I just don't see the big deal, that's all.
waiting 5-6 months for 4G,talk & web, faster processor + more ram, maybe a bigger screen>>>buying outdated iphone4 on new carrier.

How do you know Verizon isn't getting the iphone 5 at the same time as AT&T ?
thats why i said waiting 5-6 months( new iphone should be out by then, possibly on verizon, with better specs & 4g)>>>buying the outdated iphone4 now
How is it outdated? The iphone5 will be outdated a year after it comes out, that's how technology works.
At some point, you'd have to buy one and be happy with it because no matter what a newer version will come out.
I'd have a pretty miserable life if I always think and worry about "oh man, my new tech will be outdated in several months, what a waste of money!"
Again I ask, are you guys really buying a new iphone very year?

I am not defending it just because I got an iphone for Verizon but I just really do not get what the big deal is?

Well duh!
Point is in 6 months when people have the iphone5 people could easily say "I'm waiting for the iphone6, it's only a year away".
waiting 5-6 months for 4G,talk & web, faster processor + more ram, maybe a bigger screen>>>buying outdated iphone4 on new carrier.

thats why i said waiting 5-6 months( new iphone should be out by then, possibly on verizon, with better specs & 4g)>>>buying the outdated iphone4 now
How is it outdated? The iphone5 will be outdated a year after it comes out, that's how technology works.
At some point, you'd have to buy one and be happy with it because no matter what a newer version will come out.
I'd have a pretty miserable life if I always think and worry about "oh man, my new tech will be outdated in several months, what a waste of money!"

I am not defending it just because I got an iphone for Verizon but I just really do not get what the big deal is?

Well duh!

The iphone 4 came out last june, the specs are outdated compared to the new android phones that are being released now.Hell no would i be buying a new iphone every year but if i was on verizon why would i settle for a phone that was released 8 months ago that still runs on 3g when i can wait a couple more months(supposedly) for a new iphone with 4G & better specs

Well duh!

The iphone 4 came out last june, the specs are outdated compared to the new android phones that are being released now.Hell no would i be buying a new iphone every year but if i was on verizon why would i settle for a phone that was released 8 months ago that still runs on 3g when i can wait a couple more months(supposedly) for a new iphone with 4G & better specs

Well duh!

But like you said, it might come out of Verizon as well. I'd understand that point if Verizon wasn't getting it for sure.
 So why not sell the iphone4 now for people that would buy it?
Some reports say they sold millions so obviously people with Verizon has been waiting for this for a while.

And why would I buy an iphone?
1) A chance to finally get an iphone, a lot of people wanted the phone for a while and not until recently has Verizon gotten a decent phone with the Droid.
2) Some people do not care and are happy enough with what the iphone4 offers. You feel it's outdated, a lot do not. Not everyone who buys phones focuses on how often Apple releases their products,
3) This might have push people who never had a smartphone before to get one. My dad wanted one and he's been happy with his crappy flip phone for years now.
4) Do people really put every specs to the max that if it is "outdated" by 6 months the phone won't function? I've been using this phone for a week now and no problems, it has delivered what it promised. And like I said, you say this is outdated when it came out in June, the same time next year the iphone5 will be outdated. I mean if people are talking like 5-6 months are coming in quick, then a year should be pretty quick to you guys too.
5) People aren't even sure what the iphone5 will come out with. Your post says it itself, "supposedly". If you can wait, that is good. To some (or most) they could care less, simple as that.

Well duh!

But like you said, it might come out of Verizon as well. I'd understand that point if Verizon wasn't getting it for sure.
Some reports say they sold millions so obviously people with Verizon has been waiting for this for a while.

1) A chance to finally get an iphone, a lot of people wanted the phone for a while and not until recently has Verizon gotten a decent phone with the Droid.
2) Some people do not care and are happy enough with what the iphone4 offers. You feel it's outdated, a lot do not. Not everyone who buys phones focuses on how often Apple releases their products,
3) This might have push people who never had a smartphone before to get one. My dad wanted one and he's been happy with his crappy flip phone for years now.
4) Do people really put every specs to the max that if it is "outdated" by 6 months the phone won't function? I've been using this phone for a week now and no problems, it has delivered what it promised. And like I said, you say this is outdated when it came out in June, the same time next year the iphone5 will be outdated. I mean if people are talking like 5-6 months are coming in quick, then a year should be pretty quick to you guys too.
5) People aren't even sure what the iphone5 will come out with. Your post says it itself, "supposedly". If you can wait, that is good. To some (or most) they could care less, simple as that.

yeah some people are happy with the current iphone 4, but the fact still remains that it is outdated by todays standards, especially because of the lack of 4G & the ability to talk & use data at the same time. My point is that you didn't see as many people camping out for the verizon iphone 4 because those who are die hard apple fans already switched over to AT&T & got one, and other people are probably waiting for the new iphone with 4G & other upgrades. Yes there are a lot of people happy with their current iphone 4's, but a lot of people see all the other android devices coming out with dual core processors & 4.3inch screens & want more and are simply hoping that apple delivers a similar device in june before upgrading & locking themselves in a 2 yr contract.

yeah some people are happy with the current iphone 4, but the fact still remains that it is outdated by todays standards, especially because of the lack of 4G & the ability to talk & use data at the same time. My point is that you didn't see as many people camping out for the verizon iphone 4 because those who are die hard apple fans already switched over to AT&T & got one, and other people are probably waiting for the new iphone with 4G & other upgrades. Yes there are a lot of people happy with their current iphone 4's, but a lot of people see all the other android devices coming out with dual core processors & 4.3inch screens & want more and are simply hoping that apple delivers a similar device in june before upgrading & locking themselves in a 2 yr contract.

That is not the point. All those will be outdated next year and people will be saying the same thing.
Question is if people do not get the iphone every year then what is the point of saying the phone is outdated?
It's not like their getting them anyways? Isn't your current phone outdated by the same standards?
I mean in such a fast-tech world, anything we own or will ever own will be outdated within a month or two of owning it.
I got a 120hz LCD-LED HDTV but I am not worried about 240hz LCD-LED that is the same price.
I got a new CPU but I'm not worried that it is outdated and that a better CPU is out there or just came out for the same price.
So what is the big deal? Like I said, if you can wait, good for you.
But there doesn't seem to be a point in telling people that their phones are outdated.
I came from a Samsung Rogue before I got the iphon so I am pretty sure I can be pretty happy with it for the next 2 years.

That is not the point. All those will be outdated next year and people will be saying the same thing.
Question is if people do not get the iphone every year then what is the point of saying the phone is outdated?
It's not like their getting them anyways? Isn't your current phone outdated by the same standards?
I mean in such a fast-tech world, anything we own or will ever own will be outdated within a month or two of owning it.
I got a 120hz LCD-LED HDTV but I am not worried about 240hz LCD-LED that is the same price.
I got a new CPU but I'm not worried that it is outdated and that a better CPU is out there or just came out for the same price.
But there doesn't seem to be a point in telling people that their phones are outdated.
I came from a Samsung Rogue before I got the iphon so I am pretty sure I can be pretty happy with it for the next 2 years.

the point is, especially with the verizon iphone4 is that the new one will have 4G/LTE support which= faster data speeds & the ability to talk & use data at the same time which is important for some people. you & others may be happy with the hardware in the current iphone4 but others are not & thats why they're waiting to see if the new iphone drops on verizon in june, especially since they dont want to be bothered trying to upgrade for another 2 years. 

the point is, especially with the verizon iphone4 is that the new one will have 4G/LTE support which= faster data speeds & the ability to talk & use data at the same time which is important for some people. you & others may be happy with the hardware in the current iphone4 but others are not & thats why they're waiting to see if the new iphone drops on verizon in june, especially since they dont want to be bothered trying to upgrade for another 2 years. 

HTC thunderbolt massacres da iphone.....smarter people are waiting for that....& it talks & texts at da same time.

HTC thunderbolt massacres da iphone.....smarter people are waiting for that....& it talks & texts at da same time.

Not everyone likes the Android OS...I don't care what hardware they put it on I wouldn't go back unless they did a major overhaul

Not everyone likes the Android OS...I don't care what hardware they put it on I wouldn't go back unless they did a major overhaul

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Hey i live 5mins away from there!
Anyways, 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Fail.
x2
nerd.gif
Bloomington?
nerd.gif

The funniest part is the MS store directly across from apple, I bet they were laughing
laugh.gif

MN NT'ers
pimp.gif

The funniest part is the MS store directly across from apple, I bet they were laughing
laugh.gif

MN NT'ers
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom