Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

It's so tempting to get the first round of Verizon iPhones, especially since I have an upgrade due February 13th, but I think I have the willpower to wait it out a bit.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Keef100Laflare

angry birds has been in the market for months now....you making a big deal about gaming apps ?
laugh.gif
....every app I had on my iphone I got on my evo
Not that I've used every app in either platform, but the ones that I've used on iOS are light years better than their Android counterparts 
ohwell.gif

I had a Nexus One until July, the Android apps are so far behind Apple
Grab your best Android phone and compare to next to an iPhone 4...the Weather Channel app is a perfect example 

retails for 199.99 for 2 year contract more than likely. That's what all the new phones start at

retails for 199.99 for 2 year contract more than likely. That's what all the new phones start at

There is an excellent FAQ page on verizonwireless.com answering all kinds of questions in regards to the Iphone4.

There is an excellent FAQ page on verizonwireless.com answering all kinds of questions in regards to the Iphone4.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

It saddens how mis-educated consumers are going to be swindle into buy a product that will come obsolete within a few months, and cry about it when that new device outperforms the old device, and really want the new device but your stuck in a 2 year contract. This is what Apple has been doing for years and people don't take note to their practices.

If it wants simultaneous in a device its either "NETWORK" can provide it or the "CHIP" manufacture them.

I'm on Sprint it has the same Network configuration as Verizon such as "CDMA". You CAN'T talk on the phone while surfing the Net and Vise Versa. However my phone is 4G (Wimax) a different network infrastructure that does't interrupt my CDMA network. So I can be able to talk and surf the Net, at the same time. This will also apply to any 4G (LTE) Verizon phone that will soon be released.

Given the fact that the Iphone might not be having a LTE enabled phone within this year will have certain consumers that are going from ATT to Verizon, pretty much vexed. If you don't know nothing about Wireless infrastructure.

IF YOU NEED MORE INDEPTH EXPLANTION OF CELLUAR NETWORKS I SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS.
but what you dont see is the resale value of apples products. i went from a 1st gen iphone the 3g came out sold it and upgraded for free because at&t gave it to existing customers with new contract price. Even if it was full price the discount from selling the old product would have just been like buying the phone for new contract price. If everyone waited around to buy products because a new one is coming out you would never have anything, its technology you should assume it will be out of date in a few months whatever you buy.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

It saddens how mis-educated consumers are going to be swindle into buy a product that will come obsolete within a few months, and cry about it when that new device outperforms the old device, and really want the new device but your stuck in a 2 year contract. This is what Apple has been doing for years and people don't take note to their practices.

If it wants simultaneous in a device its either "NETWORK" can provide it or the "CHIP" manufacture them.

I'm on Sprint it has the same Network configuration as Verizon such as "CDMA". You CAN'T talk on the phone while surfing the Net and Vise Versa. However my phone is 4G (Wimax) a different network infrastructure that does't interrupt my CDMA network. So I can be able to talk and surf the Net, at the same time. This will also apply to any 4G (LTE) Verizon phone that will soon be released.

Given the fact that the Iphone might not be having a LTE enabled phone within this year will have certain consumers that are going from ATT to Verizon, pretty much vexed. If you don't know nothing about Wireless infrastructure.

IF YOU NEED MORE INDEPTH EXPLANTION OF CELLUAR NETWORKS I SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS.
but what you dont see is the resale value of apples products. i went from a 1st gen iphone the 3g came out sold it and upgraded for free because at&t gave it to existing customers with new contract price. Even if it was full price the discount from selling the old product would have just been like buying the phone for new contract price. If everyone waited around to buy products because a new one is coming out you would never have anything, its technology you should assume it will be out of date in a few months whatever you buy.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]usainboltisfast is really, really dumb.[/font]

Fall back. The research I made for that statement was off of the thunderbolt which people have offered up as the alternative to buying an iPhone 4. The thunderbolt comes with 8 gigs + microsd. Simple mistakes that's why you should do your research instead of a sneaker messgeboard.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]usainboltisfast is really, really dumb.[/font]

Fall back. The research I made for that statement was off of the thunderbolt which people have offered up as the alternative to buying an iPhone 4. The thunderbolt comes with 8 gigs + microsd. Simple mistakes that's why you should do your research instead of a sneaker messgeboard.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Anyone who gets the iphone 4 over the Thunderbolt is a complete dumb$#@
laugh.gif
Not really, the iPhone is more than just about hardware. The App store is its killer feature.
As if Androids don't also have apps, and free ones at that?
your comparing android apps to apple?
roll.gif

oh and btw jailbreak gets you any app for free so stop it
Android market is 
indifferent.gif

They just got Angry Birds and it looks like Resident Evil for PS compared to the RE remake for Gamecube
angry birds has been in the market for months now....you making a big deal about gaming apps ?
laugh.gif

Post an Android game as good as RageHd or Infinity Blade.

laugh.gif
Not really, the iPhone is more than just about hardware. The App store is its killer feature.
roll.gif

Android market is 
indifferent.gif

They just got Angry Birds and it looks like Resident Evil for PS compared to the RE remake for Gamecube
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lokiD40

EB4President wrote: 
I can text ppl while on the phone, and I can recieve text while on the phone.

I cannot recieve emails/bbm/or surf the web.

I dont think I will really by on the phone and surfing the web that much.  I actually dont know how often I like to be on the phone. I personally dont see people needing to surf the web and be on the phone.

how about streaming? you don't stream music, or what if you have a netflix account and traveling? won't you be missing a bunch of calls because your CDMA phone is grabbing data?  how about Pandora at work (since many corps do not allow your pc to stream during work)?  NBA LEAGUE PASS? You can keep going and going...

I really dont stream music from my phone, I prefer using my iphone(currently in airplace mode and used as an itouch) or in this case I would use the verizon iphone.  As far as pandora, I was under the impression, call takes precedent.  So you wont miss calls, instead your phone will stop grabbing data.On my blackberry if I am doing anything that requires data (searching a site, downloading a document) the search or the dl pause until the call has ended.

I work in consulting so i travel quite a bit, and I honeslty do not use my phone( i have an iphone in airplane mode) to watch movies, my laptop suited me better until I got an ipad for christmas.  Needless to say, I have a roommate who is really tech intuned and he will tell me all about how great other phones are so I understand the iphone isnt hte BEST phone ever and other phones are superior in capabilities, however I do see a lot of people with at&t switching to verizon, as well as a lot of verizon customers buying iphones, for the fact its an iphone that actually has service

Originally Posted by lokiD40

EB4President wrote: 
I can text ppl while on the phone, and I can recieve text while on the phone.

I cannot recieve emails/bbm/or surf the web.

I dont think I will really by on the phone and surfing the web that much.  I actually dont know how often I like to be on the phone. I personally dont see people needing to surf the web and be on the phone.

how about streaming? you don't stream music, or what if you have a netflix account and traveling? won't you be missing a bunch of calls because your CDMA phone is grabbing data?  how about Pandora at work (since many corps do not allow your pc to stream during work)?  NBA LEAGUE PASS? You can keep going and going...

I really dont stream music from my phone, I prefer using my iphone(currently in airplace mode and used as an itouch) or in this case I would use the verizon iphone.  As far as pandora, I was under the impression, call takes precedent.  So you wont miss calls, instead your phone will stop grabbing data.On my blackberry if I am doing anything that requires data (searching a site, downloading a document) the search or the dl pause until the call has ended.

I work in consulting so i travel quite a bit, and I honeslty do not use my phone( i have an iphone in airplane mode) to watch movies, my laptop suited me better until I got an ipad for christmas.  Needless to say, I have a roommate who is really tech intuned and he will tell me all about how great other phones are so I understand the iphone isnt hte BEST phone ever and other phones are superior in capabilities, however I do see a lot of people with at&t switching to verizon, as well as a lot of verizon customers buying iphones, for the fact its an iphone that actually has service

laugh.gif
Not that I've used every app in either platform, but the ones that I've used on iOS are light years better than their Android counterparts 
ohwell.gif

Grab your best Android phone and compare to next to an iPhone 4...the Weather Channel app is a perfect example 

well, if you want to go that route.

nothing and nobody is touching HTC's Sense weather app.

also, i wonder if anybody will be jumping ship to the iphone when there is a new one coming out in a couple of months.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Fun fact: Sprint's coverage is actually better than AT&T's.

anything besides tmo is better than at&t.

but none are as fast, if you actually find a connection.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

well, if you want to go that route.

nothing and nobody is touching HTC's Sense weather app.

also, i wonder if anybody will be jumping ship to the iphone when there is a new one coming out in a couple of months.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Fun fact: Sprint's coverage is actually better than AT&T's.

anything besides tmo is better than at&t.

but none are as fast, if you actually find a connection.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Android market is 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

when I had an iphone I had 0 games from the app store, I use the emulators instead to play games and I barely played, same goes for my evo...I care about my web browsing, phone speed, tethering  etc. more than games I mean thats what my ps3 is for....I mean is this is what you're building your argument off games and apps which honestly most apps aint $+#! but remakes of the same app, and the most popular apps are on the android market but youre going to tell me your bank of america app is prettier  than mine $+#! looks the same shut up.....the only thing that an iphone have on top android powered devices is an ipod...and even that wont last for long

the iphone isnt superior to any top android phones...these phones are pretty much even and some honestly flat out beats the iphone, but what do you expect when you have people at apple who wait 2 years to put mms and cut and paste on a phone, companies where bound to catch up and even pass them

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Android market is 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

when I had an iphone I had 0 games from the app store, I use the emulators instead to play games and I barely played, same goes for my evo...I care about my web browsing, phone speed, tethering  etc. more than games I mean thats what my ps3 is for....I mean is this is what you're building your argument off games and apps which honestly most apps aint $+#! but remakes of the same app, and the most popular apps are on the android market but youre going to tell me your bank of america app is prettier  than mine $+#! looks the same shut up.....the only thing that an iphone have on top android powered devices is an ipod...and even that wont last for long

the iphone isnt superior to any top android phones...these phones are pretty much even and some honestly flat out beats the iphone, but what do you expect when you have people at apple who wait 2 years to put mms and cut and paste on a phone, companies where bound to catch up and even pass them

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Android market is 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

lolcats-finish-him.jpg

Back
Top Bottom