Verizon's LG Voyager. Tell me EVERYTHING about it.

I know this gets posted a lot but I don't give a
censored.gif

My contract with Verizon ends in a few weeks and I'm looking to upgrade my crappy Razr.

Of course, I want the Voyager.

So, Voyager owners, tell me everything about it. Give me a full-blown review or anything your heart desires.

Is it worth the $300? (or $250 after my contract ends) or should I look into another phone?

How's the picture quality (post some pics please!)? How's the new firmware?

Let me know ya'll, I don't want to make a stupid decision. Thanks.
pimp.gif

My gf just got it and she loves it. Majority of the reviews have given the phone a positive rating on their reviews...

To me, if you have Verizon, go ahead and grab it. It definitely is the best Verizon phone out there right now.

The new firmware does make the web easier to use and my service is a tad bit stronger.

We don't have Mobile TV but when I was on vaca in NY it was great. TV to watch sports or whatevers on TV while I'm out? Nice.

2.0 Mp camera is nice but no flash that I know of.

The speakers are LOUD if you need it to be.

Oh, the firmware makes watching movies better on the front screen.

both phone are good it just matters what you want in a phone if you want a good signal a nice phone and a full keyboard to type on get the voyager. If you wanta phone that will not get a signal in alot of place, hitting the wrong key because the whole phone is touch screen get the iphone but the iphone does have thebest looking internet that i have ever seen on a phone. Both have thier pros and cons.

I've had the Voyager for a little over a month now. I don't have much dislikes about the phone besides the positioning of the space keys. As somementioned above, the phone has no flash which doesn't bother me too much, I rarely use the camera anyways. But on those rare occasions, camera takes reallygood pictures. IMO, the phone is quick, very minimal lag. I have yet to have problems with the touchscreen, it operates very similar to the iPhone. The QWERTYkeyboard is a plus, minus the positioning of the space keys which are located in the bottom left and bottom right corner. (Who's brilliant idea was this)To me, the keys are a little stiff but I've gotten used to it. That's all I can think of for now.

i was also thinking bout coping this phone, it sound really good. I cant wait untill my crappy Sk3 contract is up. VOYAGE=
pimp.gif

that phone is
eek.gif

i have an EnV and a old Vcast phone. the contract is up on my old phone

not to thread jack, but can anibody let me know if its a good look to cop the Voyager? both of the phones were/are under 1 contract, and its cheaper 2 have 1contract is it a good look 2 upgrade???

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

6800>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>voyager

if youre looking to stay with VZW look into it

Not even close. Then again, they're not comparable since 6800 is running Windows Mobile

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

I've had the Voyager for a little over a month now. I don't have much dislikes about the phone besides the positioning of the space keys. As some mentioned above, the phone has no flash which doesn't bother me too much, I rarely use the camera anyways. But on those rare occasions, camera takes really good pictures. IMO, the phone is quick, very minimal lag. I have yet to have problems with the touchscreen, it operates very similar to the iPhone. The QWERTY keyboard is a plus, minus the positioning of the space keys which are located in the bottom left and bottom right corner. (Who's brilliant idea was this) To me, the keys are a little stiff but I've gotten used to it. That's all I can think of for now.

imo.. its actually its actually a genius move they've been doing since the 9800 because your thumb doesnt have to extend all the way to the middleevery time you press the space button... you end up texting a lot faster... i've had experience with both set ups and prefer the spacebar being in the thisa lot more... and when you get good at it you'll find methods so you barely have to move your thumb at all
wink.gif

I have a samsung sch i760 now.. not comparable to what we're discussing now but i was caught between this and the voyager... its A LOT more work tolearn, wack keyboard, and more expensive but I love it...

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

I've had the Voyager for a little over a month now. I don't have much dislikes about the phone besides the positioning of the space keys. As some mentioned above, the phone has no flash which doesn't bother me too much, I rarely use the camera anyways. But on those rare occasions, camera takes really good pictures. IMO, the phone is quick, very minimal lag. I have yet to have problems with the touchscreen, it operates very similar to the iPhone. The QWERTY keyboard is a plus, minus the positioning of the space keys which are located in the bottom left and bottom right corner. (Who's brilliant idea was this) To me, the keys are a little stiff but I've gotten used to it. That's all I can think of for now.

imo.. its actually its actually a genius move they've been doing since the 9800 because your thumb doesnt have to extend all the way to the middle every time you press the space button... you end up texting a lot faster... i've had experience with both set ups and prefer the spacebar being in the this a lot more... and when you get good at it you'll find methods so you barely have to move your thumb at all
wink.gif

I have a samsung sch i760 now.. not comparable to what we're discussing now but i was caught between this and the voyager... its A LOT more work to learn, wack keyboard, and more expensive but I love it...

You might have a point, my previous phone was the u740, I guess I'm used to having the space in the middle. I find myself NEVER using the left space baron the Voyager.

I love my Voyager!!! I was the last person to get it at my Circuit City on Black Friday!!
Here r sum pics i took w. it:
67e15ae04bf0ccda820eef2f97966b13461b2f0.pjpg

7ec35660e1d841b6fa36cc25da7b291dbce703c.pjpg

003256ee5e434f8ccf2d76521dabbd5121d5f8b.pjpg

f1535dd1e6814381f331c999d1e663025d1de27.pjpg

be615ae94ef4cadf45729197593409856253086.pjpg

18c152e94bf3c0dfd110618651fce9a12722f98.pjpg
0f6256ce57478f49c26d0a79dba8e57e5e870c9.pjpg

I'm still on the fence between the iPhone and Voyager. The only drawbacks with the Voyager are the video flaws and lack of a "real" web browser.I love the iPhone, but would have to wait for the 3G version and I hate switching carriers (on Verizon right now). Oh well, guess I'll just stick to myVX8300 for the mean time.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom