VIBE SHUTS DOWN

ohwell.gif

Its a sad day for urban mags...

Man Print journalism is a wrap
tired.gif
Its @**#@$ up too because They were working on a MJ tribute issue...

they had way too many advertisements, like 4 pages in a row all adds . i liked the Source better.

Took long enough.

They should've been shut down after the way they instigated the whole Big/Pac beef into a East/West beef.

R.I.P.

eek.gif
@ VIBE predicting in their 2000 Juice Issue that Reality TV shows would dominate the industry in 10 years

I remember bringing that issue from '97 with Tyra Banks to school and getting in mad trouble....those pics were of her were
pimp.gif

does anyone have the article about The Tunnel NYC back in the day?......GREAT READ, alot of peeps on here would enjoy

VIBE staff regrets the titling the cover of an issue EAST COAST VS WEST COAST right after Pac was shot in NYC....alot of peeps believe that was a spark to thewar, and where the phrase 1st originated

I stopped reading/touching VIBE after they had a "100 all-time R&B ballads of all time"

Isley brothers didn't have ONE song on the list.

And that mag instigated the Biggie/Pac/East/West beyond belief.

Was glad to be there to see it formed.

I'm glad to see it die.

I've only read VIBE whenever I hit up Kroger or Wal-Mart.

The print magazine industry is about to be obsolete the next decade.

[h2]Quincy Jones Stepping in to Save Vibe Magazine[/h2]After Vibe magazine announced that it would be closing its door yesterday, music icon, Quincy Jones, is trying to buy the company back. Jones sold Vibe to Wicks Group in 2006.
It's no secret that print media is a dying breed, so Jones will mostly likely place more stock in the website which is still profitable. "Print and all that stuff is over, we gotta remember that," Jones said. "The Chicago Tribune, The Seattle Post Intelligencer. The Miami Herald. They're over the same way as the record business. We have got to get into this century."

Quincy Jones Vows To Revive Vibe

Music producer Quincy Jones says he won't let Vibe, the music magazine he co-founded, fold despite an announcement it was ceasing publication.

The magazine, one of only two nationally distributed periodicals covering the hip-hop and R&B music scene, announced Tuesday it was shutting its doors because of poor ad sales and an inability to find investors.

But Jones said he's determined to bring Vibe back to life as an online-only entity, Ebonyjet.com reported.

"I'm trying to buy my magazine back now," Jones told the Web site from his London home. "They just messed my magazine all up, but I'm gonna get it back. You better believe it, I'm (going to) take it online because print and all that stuff is over."

The legendary music figure, who founded the magazine in 1993 in conjunction with media company Time Warner, said he was proud of his creation, which, like many other periodicals, has been crippled by an advertising slump brought on by the recession.

"We gotta get into the 21st century you know," Jones told EbonyJet.com. "Print and all that stuff is over, we gotta remember that. The Chicago Tribune, The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, The Miami Herald -- they're over the same way as the record business."

Yo ninjahood I know you got a crazy archive of classic pics so do you got that black and white Puff picture of him in the middle of a big #%@ crowd? I remember that dude coldsun had it at his avy for a minute.
e2f2535efa9639ea19f7d31a38f89d501d5fa27.pjpg

You would think SOMEONE (Quincy) would at least cough up a check for a final issue with Mike on the cover............

Back
Top Bottom