Banned
Vick surrenders to begin serving sentence before Dec. 10

By Kelly Naqi
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: November 19, 2007, 2:45 PM ET

* Email
* Print

Michael Vick made arrangements Monday with the U.S. Marshall Service to voluntarily surrender to begin serving his sentence before his sentencing hearing on Dec. 10, sources told ESPN.

Vick began serving his sentence Monday not because of a violation of any condition of his bond, the sources said.

Vick turned himself in so that he can begin serving his sentence earlier, meaning whatever sentence he receives on Dec. 10 potentially will end earlier.

Vick's sentencing hearing before Judge Henry Hudson will take place on Dec. 10 in Richmond, Va., which is when he will find out the extent of his sentence for charges he pleaded guilty to in his dogfighting case.

Kelly Naqi is a reporter for ESPN.

good decision mike, even though i think he should have done it even earlier.

mv7 will forever be my favorite football player. i dedicated my fantasy football season to him, i drafted him in the last round.

hopefully he doesn't get more than a year and can get back in the league still in his prime at age 29.

idk why he would do it now. Right before the holiday season. I could see it if he did it immediately after his plea.

i don't really have a clue what i am talking bout when it comes to all this legal crap, but i was thinking maybe him showing eagerness or willingness tostart his sentence will result in the judge consoling and giving him a lesser sentence. i dunno?

how do you stay on so many mens nuts at one time?
He the real life Mowgli
laugh.gif
Thats how

Man..what a turn of events. From being one of the faces of the nfl and the face of a franchise/city, to being inmate number blah blah blah. I hope he ismentally strong.

He had some plea agreement that his lawyer says will get him hopefully 12-15 months. He faces a maximum sentence of 5 years though.

He isn't gonna be back since being indirectly involved in gambling leads to a ban. Goodell wouldn't want his++@@ back anyway.

Damn before thanksgiving, I would've went in on a stomach full of turkey, yams and sweet potatoe pie

serving his sentence before his sentencing hearing on Dec. 10
Hey thats my birthday! Looks like I have one more thing to look forward to on that day.

Hey since he has been suspended for this whole season wont that count to Goddell? If he gets suspended another year that would be a two year suspension thatwould just be trying to bury Mike

I love the lawyer's comment about him being honest and upfront from the start......um, what?!

i don't see roger goodell giving dude much sympathy. serving an early sentence is far from making up what he did. it's a start, but he's got a longway to go.

Back
Top Bottom