Video: Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beamin'

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Lupe has been one of my favorite artists since 05...but i'm still not sure if i like the new Lupe...

He does appear to be different now, regardless he's one of my favorite artists.
i like the new lupe more. After proving that he can rap with the best of them, he seemed to have matured, and now hes trying to spread a positive message to ppl 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Lupe has been one of my favorite artists since 05...but i'm still not sure if i like the new Lupe...

i like the new lupe more. After proving that he can rap with the best of them, he seemed to have matured, and now hes trying to spread a positive message to ppl 
he always spread a positive message (at least since he made his industry debut). i find his new form to be more (and i hate to say it since nt hates the word) "swaggerly."  he always had swag so to speak, but based off that video it feels like he knows that when it comes to rapping ability, he %%@%+ on 99% of the game.  i could be off base but that's how i see it.  we'll see if he carries this bravado for the whole album.

pimp.gif

Never really got into lupe except the cool....but this vid and song might make me pick up laserz

the cool was a little lacking on production, but its still one of my favorite albums of the past 10 years. cant wait for lupe to bring it again on his new cd
pimp.gif

whatsup with the kick not coming in like on the official mp3 version at like 10 secs in?

the video is hot, Waslu luh the kids. Now I wanna hear more about this All City Chess team situation.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

he always spread a positive message (at least since he made his industry debut). i find his new form to be more (and i hate to say it since nt hates the word) "swaggerly."  he always had swag so to speak, but based off that video it feels like he knows that when it comes to rapping ability, he %%@%+ on 99% of the game.  i could be off base but that's how i see it.  we'll see if he carries this bravado for the whole album.
you are right, but more importantly, his MUSIC has dramatically changed...in early '08 i saw him play a 2 and a half hour show in which he played mixtape tracks, and almost all of his 2 albums...in LATE '08, i saw him play a little over an hour, with a show where the band extended songs to almost a ridiculous point...if i wanted to see a rock show i'd go to a rock show, I went to see Lupe rap, not him run around stage while his band jammed...

might just be me though but i really don't see him going back to the point of old Lupe...regardless, i will always support dude...

i hope this isnt the album version of the song, i like the intro on the other version MUCH better

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

you are right, but more importantly, his MUSIC has dramatically changed...in early '08 i saw him play a 2 and a half hour show in which he played mixtape tracks, and almost all of his 2 albums...in LATE '08, i saw him play a little over an hour, with a show where the band extended songs to almost a ridiculous point...if i wanted to see a rock show i'd go to a rock show, I went to see Lupe rap, not him run around stage while his band jammed...

might just be me though but i really don't see him going back to the point of old Lupe...regardless, i will always support dude...
Has anybody else been to a Lupe show recently? I also saw him in January '08 and he did the same, 2-3 hour show where he did F&L and The Cool just about in their entirety.

I went to his show a couple weeks ago... Definitly more rock oriented, but I thought it was good. A change from what I was used to, but not in a bad way.

Songs like State Crime Radio, The National Anthem, etc... More rock oriented, but still have good messages behind them & the lyrics (like always) are there.

Back
Top Bottom