Views on careers Vol. Money? Interest? Opportunity?

I've been thinking about switching career paths lately and I've basically set it all up as far as scheduling... Just wondering what motivation you guyshad to go into the career path you are in now. For example I was in a career path that would of let me to a financially stable, wealthy lifestyle almostimmediately, but it was in a field I didnt care about it at all. My current path will in comparison pay a great deal less, but its something that (as of now) Ilove and am highly motivated towards. Obviously itll be hard at first but Im confident if its right for me I'll excel at it and be able to reach a goodstandard of living.

How'd it break down for you guys?

still searching myself..... leaning towards consulting, sales operations, or HR, just b/c my past experiences/internships have been in these fields.

what field are you in?

I am thinking about making a switch into non profit organization

doing something you love and care about for a living is much more important than working in a field just for the money

as long as I am financially stable I could care less bout having nice clothes, new cars and the latest technology

attachment to material goods only leads to suffering

Originally Posted by wcghost

still searching myself..... leaning towards consulting, sales operations, or HR, just b/c my past experiences/internships have been in these fields.

what field are you in?
Im a freshman doing pre med... Realized Im basically only motivated by the money and because my parents want me to... Switching to Architecturenext fall. Im at a private university on scholarship so Ill end up paying about 35k
indifferent.gif
but I really want to do it so might as well do it as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom